Port Adelaide's China game strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

That same Singapore Airlines plane that is stranded on Changi tarmac with the Suns on board right now while Cathay has got the Port boys to Shanghai seamlessly...:rolleyes:righto
After travelling to Asia close to 40 times I could tell you a few stories about Cathay aswell. All airlines have dramas at one time or another but if I still rate Singapore the best of the Asian carriers. Cathay is very good though and I'm using them to go to Manila in November

After travelling to Asia close to 40 times I could tell you a few stories about Cathay aswell. All airlines have dramas at one time or another but if I still rate Singapore the best of the Asian carriers. Cathay is very good though and I'm using them to go to Manila in November
Cathy have been amazing for Port. Sorting out premium Economy seats for all the players plus all the special dietary requirements. Great sponsor for our situation.

Why do you think any vic club would go if so which ones?
For example, a club that is struggling financially (see below) could make good use of a $500k payment from Port, plus the potential extra sponsorship dollars from the China strategy. A lot of clubs struggle to get enough sponsorship. That's why Port has done this. The Crows have saturated the Adelaide Market before Port even got into the AFL.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...onsor-pulls-out-20170510-gw20yl.htmlDemetriou told Fairfax Media he had personally called LoGiudice to inform him that CareerOne could not meet its 2017 sponsorship commitments. He also confirmed that CareerOne had advised Carlton to look for a new major sponsor.

Essendon were definitely one but weren't willing to give up a home game
It's pretty frustrating that the SMA won't budge on allowing Port to give up a home game. Constant roadblocks is the story of Port's existence in S.A. but I am proud of the work the club has done in achieving this. The game is not the most important facet of the China strategy, it's just a (small) part really but one that our sponsor, Mr Gui, is keen to see materialise..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's pretty frustrating that the SMA won't budge on allowing Port to give up a home game. Constant roadblocks is the story of Port's existence in S.A. but I am proud of the work the club has done in achieving this. The game is not the most important facet of the China strategy, it's just a (small) part really but one that our sponsor, Mr Gui, is keen to see materialise..
They will budge if you pay them. I'd love to know what figure the SMA would put on losing 1 game

For example, a club that is struggling financially (see below) could make good use of a $500k payment from Port, plus the potential extra sponsorship dollars from the China strategy. A lot of clubs struggle to get enough sponsorship. That's why Port has done this. The Crows have saturated the Adelaide Market before Port even got into the AFL.
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...onsor-pulls-out-20170510-gw20yl.htmlDemetriou told Fairfax Media he had personally called LoGiudice to inform him that CareerOne could not meet its 2017 sponsorship commitments. He also confirmed that CareerOne had advised Carlton to look for a new major sponsor.

Clubs put more value on their supporters and their season than cash,mare you saying Carlton would do it, I don't believe any vic club would, which ones do you think would if any at all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back