Port Adelaide's China game strategy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You've posted losses the last 2 years. Time to branch out....

You do realise by paying back your debt annually you will become debt free we sit around 1.8 mill you sit at 10 mill but i suppose servicing that debt is more fun for you

If predictions are right we will be debt free at end of 2017

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Operating profit? What the $11k profit you made?
Defer those payments to July that you were "unaware" of and you have your $11k profit. Pay them and you turn that into a loss. Hahaha
You're trying to troll but the only person you are making a fool of is yourself. Congrats.

Wow, another monumental blow. Could this be the end of Port's China experiment?

Cool. I've heard Adelaide and Essendon are also very interested.
Lol, Adelaide are not going to sell a home game to play Port in China.

There would be mutiny on West Lakes!

You do realise hwo much government support there is for this. or as I said proffessionals like KPMG or even banks like Bank of China they do this sort of thing daily with dozens of staff who are both qualified and know the culture and language difficulties

Do you think Port are offering grants to these businesses like both the state and federal gocernments are handng out or Loans lile EFIC do to get business funding to enter the overseas markets

You would be negilgent as a business to think Port Adelaide can acheive what these others can

Port are just skimming at bit off the top acting as a broker to try and capitalise on their profile with a few SA businesses who will put faith in them, good luck to them if they can make a few hundred out of it. Please dont say its a community thing, it is what it is!
Port started the whole thing 4 years ago
It's not positive though. Shit even A-League fans are laughing at this. It's been a PR disaster so far that makes the AFL look like ignorant Aussie tourists on the tear in Bali.

The only thing that's bizarre and embarrassing is everyone involved in the concept.
I haven't noticed anyone looking embarrassed.

The only thing I've noticed is A League fans laughing at Rodney Eades sooking about traveling.. he made it sound like they're going to the moon when A League sides regularly travel to China and back it up 4 days later at home without a issue.

The same sort of negativity in this thread was probably similar to that of the whinging when the VFL experimented with night Football as well as the league going national..
Some of us (unfortunately) are old enough to remember clubs complaining about the 'long trip' to Geelong.

It goes past the football.
It's also bringing in interest and investment in and around SA itself with projects. Local entrepreneurs trying to break into what is a pretty major market.
You have to be on the button and look for money else where now, especially if you're not one the 'big clubs'.
Plonk down another pub and whack pokies in it? ****ing yawn.

How ironic considering Port has posted operating profits for the last 2 years while the Crows have announced "statutory" reporting losses for each year during that same time :rolleyes:
The crows hierarchy are a bunch of liars who have been caught out by not reporting their financials in the correct way. They have been cheating one way or the other for years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you saying the most supported club is the little brother with limited debt more support and more exposure from that support, good luck with that, if thats the case little brother has made good, remember we started our Big League journey in 1990 , when did you start yours
You are a w***err Marty and it is well known on big footy that you are a massive w***er with a massive inferiority complex.

I never knew so many PAP supporters were businessmen. Look at them all here trying to make sense of what Keith Tomas has told them so they can justify it to the rest of us.
China is the best thing that has happened to the competition and their club in their short history. This is opening so many doors and we were the pioneers.
Check back in 1 year when there wont be a second game there and PAP's have recorded another financial loss. Or a massive $11k profit.

I never knew so many PAP supporters were businessmen. Look at them all here trying to make sense of what Keith Tomas has told them so they can justify it to the rest of us.
China is the best thing that has happened to the competition and their club in their short history. This is opening so many doors and we were the pioneers.
Check back in 1 year when there wont be a second game there and PAP's have recorded another financial loss. Or a massive $11k profit.
Or we could do both - record a loss and report a profit, like our big brother does?

Likewise I never knew so many crow supporters were AFL treasurers.

Well then you're super ****** since nobody else would agree to sell their home game to China, and Gold Coast will refuse to do it next year, so you're gonna be in a shitton of trouble when you have two non-neogotiable contracts and you have to default on one.[/QUOT 3eams are already putting their hands up and that's not to admit they were taking banned substances

Lol, Adelaide are not going to sell a home game to play Port in China.

There would be mutiny on West Lakes!
Adelaide is looking to expand to Beijing.They copied every other innovation Port Adelaide have done.Next years membership sticker will read .Copying Port Adelaide since 1990

Adelaide is looking to expand to Beijing.They copied every other innovation Port Adelaide have done.Next years membership sticker will read .Copying Port Adelaide since 1990

As long as we don't follow your financial model and carry the debt you guys are carrying

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We had to drag the crows kicking and screaming to Adelaide oval and now they love it.
Likewise we will have to pull the other clubs kicking and screaming into China.
Port Adelaide, leaders in innovation, open to the world :)
They also followed our lead into the AFL and having a reserve team...
..its like your little 3 yo brother putting on your jacket and clop clopping around the house in your boots...
.....but probably more crying and clinging on....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back