Roast Port Adelaide's failure to do a HIA assessment on Aliir - [AFL confirms both players FAILED concussion tests on Monday]

Remove this Banner Ad

Tanking for better draft picks is cheating. No premiership points deducted though.

So tell me which of those players were part of our flag team?

Nethetheless this thread is about Port completely disrespecting head injuries and cheating to get there players on the field, not a coach moving magnets around in the early 2000s

On 5AA tonight they were saying it needs to be an independent doctor (I actually think it should be 2 doctors - to put any decision beyond doubt), and their call is final - regardless of if it is a Grand Final with 1 point down in the last quarter or not. Which is exactly as it should be.

Nah. You just need a doctor with integrity who takes his oath of practising medicine seriously. This doctor is obviously a liniment sniffer who puts winning ahead of health. My 4yo child could see both players had suffered head trauma in that incident. The doctor didn’t see it because he didn’t want to, simple.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did anyone notice on the coverage of the incident at how happy the racist Walker was in the background? He was smiling and geeing up Thilthorpe at how great it was that both their direct opponents would be going off with concussion.

The TV footage focused in on it and the commentators also pointed it out. One of the most appalling opposition player reactions I've seen on a footy field to players being seriously injured.

He was cheering the fact that these two players were cleared of a head injury, it's not Tex's fault that your doctor's can't tell shit from clay.

This is also why we need extra subs. At the moment we incentivise clubs to ignore safety because keeping players off can be too detrimental.

And we also reward the opposition if one of their players illegally concusses their opponents.

But instead of implementing this obvious, common sense solution that will go a long way to improving safety, people will still just continue to whine about the problem.

Isn't that what your club did to finally get a flag....cheat for draft picks?
Yes, and we received significant penalties (fines and draft sanctions) for our actions.

Good point!

Tex's view on indigenous people is a danger to the other indigenous players at the club but you don't care about that because he's a great forward and you need him so please spare me the fake concern for vulnerable players.

You can call it fake concern all you like.

If you want you can go back and read mine and a lot of other Crows posters comments in the Walker incident thread. I was extremely disappointed in him and still am, had the club decided to delist him I would have supported it.

Does his indiscretion mean he holds views that are dangerous to indigenous people? Or was it a major error from someone who should’ve known better? Really only Walker can answer that question, however from the outside it seems that his indigenous teammates are comfortable playing with him.

Nevertheless, if you’re bringing up a two year old incident, for which the player in question has served their penalty, but not willing to call out blatant mistreatment of one of your own players, then you are doing exactly what you’re accusing us of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AND U R A DOCTOR??
If the doctor was satisfied he was not concussed then who are all these wannabe doctors out there to say otherwise.
People can often be distressed from a severe blow to the body, r they concussed and do they get a concussion test.
Dramatisation at its best, when u get your degree in medicine then u can pass judgement on your fellow colleagues otherwise keep your opinion to an opinion and don’t talk like u r an expert on the matter
U could sprout all u like but u didn’t hear the conversation nor why the doctor made the call on ALL the available footage. Maybe he/she was satisfied he didn’t require a full test.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You clown. Blind Freddy could see the way Aliir’s body went limp as he crumpled to the ground he’d suffered some sort of head trauma. And that’s the irony … the bloke with the degree said he was fine. Everyone on the couch at home watching without a degree knew he wasn’t. 2-days after the incident who was right?

This doctor has form and unfortunately will be suspended or sacked.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All long gone and nowhere near our flag. Ironically to Port.

How did that turn out for you? Or did you play them with head injuries as well?
Dimitri Toumpas never got close to making contact with anything, he’d be the last player on earth to get a collision injury.

You can call it fake concern all you like.

If you want you can go back and read mine and a lot of other Crows posters comments in the Walker incident thread. I was extremely disappointed in him and still am, had the club decided to delist him I would have supported it.

Does his indiscretion mean he holds views that are dangerous to indigenous people? Or was it a major error from someone who should’ve known better? Really only Walker can answer that question, however from the outside it seems that his indigenous teammates are comfortable playing with him.

Nevertheless, if you’re bringing up a two year old incident, for which the player in question has served their penalty, but not willing to call out blatant mistreatment of one of your own players, then you are doing exactly what you’re accusing us of.

I've already said I was shocked when Alir come back on and didn't agree with it.

Just calling out those peanuts calling for loss of premiership points for their own disingenuine self-interest.

You're making the assumption that every head knock is an automatic concussion. Butters and Jonas had zero symptoms of concussion.
what i'm saying is that your club doctor doesn't have the due diligence to actually do the SCAT5 test on players they suspect are concussed, which IS what happened to butters/jonas. why does the AFL require clubs to have that test done on players regardless of the status of the head knock?

the brain is very fragile, any head knock, no matter how innocuous can end up being a concussion if it. it's a bad example sure, but patty mccartin's earlier this year was a small jolt ironically against your mob, shows just how small something can be to trigger a concussion. as it is a bad example because he's clearly susceptible, but it begs to ask the question as to why clubs would even bother trying to circumvent the protocols created by the afl to foster more player protection to prevent future CTE deaths.

I've already said I was shocked when Alir come back on and didn't agree with it.

Just calling out those peanuts calling for loss of premiership points for their own disingenuine self-interest.
Fair

Loss of premiership points is probably overs, however given all the tackle suspensions the AFL has to come down hard on this.

Doctor needs to be suspended and potentially sacked at a minimum.

I would also have a serious conversation about whether Hinkley needs a couple weeks off too, 50,000 knew he shouldn’t be going back on, but Ken was happy to stand by and let it happen. Surely the head coach has to take some responsibility for this?

Remove this Banner Ad

Roast Port Adelaide's failure to do a HIA assessment on Aliir - [AFL confirms both players FAILED concussion tests on Monday]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back