WCE2012

Team Captain
Aug 27, 2008
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Manchester City, Juventus
Would Port except #18, Butler + Seaby for pick 4??

Kerr i doubt will want to come to adelaide if he leaves WC

Why would we trade Butler + a pick + change for a crack at a mid (i.e. pick 4) who may not be as good as Butler?

Butler is essentially worthless, so they probably wouldn't do that deal..

One would hope that pick 4 gets you better than "essentially worthless" lol.

i really rate butler. I think he would be very good, like B++ had he not be injured. Averaged 20 something disposalsin 2006, including a 31 disposal Semi final vs WB when he was 20-21 years old. We will need some experienced players to help the kids, and 22-23 year old guys, who will be 26 or so when we will be up in contention again, is exactly what we need. Just needs to get his injuries sorted out.

Why would we trade Butler + a pick + change for a crack at a mid (i.e. pick 4) who may not be as good as Butler?

Butler is skilled but i hink he's shown all that he's capable of. A crack at Ziebell/Harlett would fill the class midfield void left when we grab naitinui at 2 instead of Rich.

Disagree with black juju, he is far from worthless. WC should look to trade him now while he still has value though.

trade him now while he has value because yet another injury plagued year will see him delisted?

It's not like Port (and everyone else) don't know this, that's why he has no value at the trade table..

worst trade ever...why would we get rid of butler + seaby AND pick 18 for pick 4, which we would probably use on yarran.

not worth it at all.

If I was in charge, we'd have to be getting a deadset key position/ruckman gun at the top of his game if we were giving up pick 4. We are desperate for the next Tredrea and to find our ruckman for the next 10 years. That's what pick 4 is for.

If I was in charge, we'd have to be getting a deadset key position/ruckman gun at the top of his game if we were giving up pick 4. We are desperate for the next Tredrea and to find our ruckman for the next 10 years. That's what pick 4 is for.
Good luck with that:thumbsu:

If there was a deadset gun of the above ilk, they'd be going 1 or 2 and not slipping to 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL, you say all our players are worthless.

Butler does have some trade value although difficult to determine exactly what.

Who else?

Hansen? - of little value, he's an injury plagued key forward playing for the team that finished 15th.

Butler has barely played for 2 years, was a decent prospect before that (not outstanding, not the next Simon Black etc), we've put years of time into him, he'd fetch next to nothing on the open market and you've got a guy suggesting he's going to help land us pick 4, probably the only reason being that he is South Australian.

I can't think of anyone else I've labelled worthless..

Fair enough, but this draft is supposed to be quite strong in the big man department. Generally with a top 5 pick you are looking at a 200 gamer, provided your recruiting department have done their homework and you aren't unlucky.

Butler would be worth more to us than he would be to any other club. At his best he would have been worth a first round pick (easy, probably around pick 10), but not after his injuries.

When will people realise that top draft picks will only be traded for elite players.

You can add in a dozen average players, that will not get you a top 5 draft pick.

No thanks. Quantity does not equal quality. (in regards to a quality draft pick). Yes port do need a ruckman and will be able to get one without having to trade up pick 4.

trade him now while he has value because yet another injury plagued year will see him delisted?

It's not like Port (and everyone else) don't know this, that's why he has no value at the trade table..

This like some melbourne supporters wanting to keep Rivers, but trade him next year if he gets another season ending injury, but still expecting a 1st round pick. Gold

Remove this Banner Ad

port and eagles trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back