Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Melbourne pushing Pies down a pick would be a nice little sweetner.

Port having GWS first week of finals is a nice step in the right direction for a Port's straight set exit
I know it’s incredibly unlikely, but if the Bombers can beat the lions, they’d also push the pies down a spot if they lose to the dees.

Helping the Port finals deathride is they are basically locked in to play GWS week 1 and I don't care where they play, GWS are winning that game IMO
The world never seems to naturally do us any favours but honestly would almost predict Port to go out in straight sets.

Geelong too not that it's relevant to this thread.

Highly likely our picks 9, 10,11 and 24 assuming port goes out in straight set.
I assume port plays winner of 5 v 8 and lose , will it change their pick to 11 instead of 14?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Would be very hard for Ports pick to be lower than 14, would need another top 4 to go out in straight sets

Highly likely our picks 9, 10,11 and 24 assuming port goes out in straight set.
I assume port plays winner of 5 v 8 and lose , will it change their pick to 11 instead of 14?

On SM-S918B using BigFooty.com mobile app
How the picks work:
Premiers: pick 18
runners up: pick 17
Higher ladder placing finisher in prelim: pick 16
Lower ladder placing finisher in the other prelim: pick 15
Higher ladder placing loser of elimination final in week 2: pick 14
Lower ladder placing Loser of elimination final in week 2: pick 13
Higher ladder placing loser of elimination final in week 1: pick 12
Lower ladder placing loser of elimination final in week 1: pick 11.

Therefore it’s not possible for a top 4 finishing side to get any lower than pick 13, as they are guaranteed a second chance and will at worst be in week 2 elimination final. The highest value pick port can have is pick 13.

The ideal scenario is:
Freo win
GWS beat WB
Geelong absolutely flog the crap out of WC
Melbourne upset Collingwood
Carlton give St Kilda a flogging
GCS give Richmond a flogging

That would mean:
  • Port drop to 4th
  • Collingwood drop to 11th
  • St Kilda drop 14th
  • most importantly we finish 8th and hopefully we get an opportunity at dropping Port a further spot to 5th by beating them in a semi final at AO.

The ideal scenario is:
Freo win
GWS beat WB
Geelong absolutely flog the crap out of WC
Melbourne upset Collingwood
Carlton give St Kilda a flogging
GCS give Richmond a flogging

That would mean:
  • Port drop to 4th
  • Collingwood drop to 11th
  • St Kilda drop 14th
  • most importantly we finish 8th and hopefully we get an opportunity at dropping Port a further spot to 5th by beating them in a semi final at AO.
Make It So Star Trek GIF

Port and Pies are in the opposite spots to where I thought they'd be.

This way is definitely better because Pies finals credentials >>>> Port's.

Think we'll need Port to flunk in finals to get a decent pick from them. I held hope of some kind of premiership hangover on the Pies given the age of their list and today was definitely a good start there
Walking In Vince Mcmahon GIF by WWE

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be very hard for Ports pick to be lower than 14, would need another top 4 to go out in straight sets
It's literally impossible to get better than pick 13. That involves two teams going out in straight sets and Port being the lowest ranked too.

For those that don't get it without this explanation:
  • Whoever loses the elimination finals gets picks 11 and 12
  • Whoever loses the next week gets 13 and 14. Then 15 and 16 the week after etc etc.

It's literally impossible to get better than pick 13. That involves two teams going out in straight sets and Port being the lowest ranked too.

For those that don't get it without this explanation:
  • Whoever loses the elimination finals gets picks 11 and 12
  • Whoever loses the next week gets 13 and 14. Then 15 and 16 the week after etc etc.
It’s actually a possibility that both Sydney and Port go out in straight sets. That would give us 13

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back