Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
If you don’t mind, could the first column be anticipated ladder position, I.e. based on ladder position from 2023. So Collingwood is pick 18 etc etc.
No worries, updated the post above. We're already so far ahead of what the other teams would have expected

Although I'd say where Banfield's got it all over Zurhaar (salt of the earth professionalism and team spirit), you ain't finding on Footywire.
I'm open to the idea that Zurhaar could improve enough at Fremantle to overcome the small statistical deficit he has against Banfield this season: Quazar2's point in this regard is reasonable.

But you are quite right that Banfield carries some non-statistical positives for us. I think they are significant.

Intangibles? Maybe. But our team ethic has been built around work ethic, commitment to team goals, commitment to improvement and the like. Banfield has brought those in his kit bag.

I'm open to the idea that Zurhaar could improve enough at Fremantle to overcome the small statistical deficit he has against Banfield this season: Quazar2's point in this regard is reasonable.

But you are quite right that Banfield carries some non-statistical positives for us. I think they are significant.

Intangibles? Maybe. But our team ethic has been built around work ethic, commitment to team goals, commitment to improvement and the like. Banfield has brought those in his kit bag.
I'm pretty confident Zurhaar would be a better player, but I think Banfield is a better fit for cultural and salary cap reasons.

Banfield is a great counterpoint to our top level players, is smart, great off field and very versatile.
This is a strange universe we live in when I'm writing a semi passionate defence of Banners 😂

:oops: What did I say?! Don't you go incriminating me now. My mum might be watching. Mum, sorry for all the language. THEY made me do it :tearsofjoy:

I'm pretty confident Zurhaar would be a better player, but I think Banfield is a better fit for cultural and salary cap reasons.

Banfield is a great counterpoint to our top level players, is smart, great off field and very versatile.
This is a strange universe we live in when I'm writing a semi passionate defence of Banners 😂
We are familiar with Banfield and see his limitations.

We (well, me anyway) see Zurhaar's highlights and think upside.

I'm sticking with the known quantity unless a bargain is to be had.

Little update on the journey of our picks.
-Still waiting for the dream death ride round when all 3 teams drop a spot on the ladder - however the key combination is naturally the Port/Pies combo.
-Interesting that for how close the place was to being burnt to the ground, Port haven't had a single round outside of the 8.

View attachment 2043552

Fremantle are letting us down, their pick is sliding back faster that Freddy on a lead (haha)

Almost liked your post. Wrong thread, we need the Lions finishing above those clowns.

As long as it happens by season’s end I’m not sure I’m really too concerned how it happens.

Of course the ideal scenario is all three lose, however despite the thread it is I’m still not going to say I’d support West Coast or Carlton against these teams - I couldn’t tell you a greater football related lie.

As long as it happens by season’s end I’m not sure I’m really too concerned how it happens.

Of course the ideal scenario is all three lose, however despite the thread it is I’m still not going to say I’d support West Coast or Carlton against these teams - I couldn’t tell you a greater football related lie.
I'm not afraid to admit that I'll be a massive West Coast or Carlton fan at various times from now to the end of the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why? Because I want and believe Freo can make top 2 this year. Which gives us a better chance of winning a premiership this year.
Why is the purpose of the deathride thread so hard to grasp? It's a fun thread for banter and cheering on the misery of teams whose picks we have. The non-freo thread is for rational chat.

I feel.the sticky up the top is very clear on this

Why is the purpose of the deathride thread so hard to grasp? It's a fun thread for banter and cheering on the misery of teams whose picks we have. The non-freo thread is for rational chat.

I feel.the sticky up the top is very clear on this

I get that

But to say we shouldn't want to be top two and get a home final is silly. We want other clubs who handed us their picks to be bottom of the ladder, not us.

I get that

But to say we shouldn't want to be top two and get a home final is silly. We want other clubs who handed us their picks to be bottom of the ladder, not us.
Alternatively, beat whoever we come against because we are better than them and it doesn't matter where we finish in the 8 coz we are winning the flag and adding Warner to our list next year when Sydney buckle for two top 10 picks from the clubs we swindled at the draft table.

#deathridedoneright

No it doesn't
Personally I think I can get right behind this thread the same way people want me to if certain results go our way this week.

One of those results boosts my popularity in this thread - one of the others will not be popular.

I just want to have a a bit of a gap between the top four and fifth so I feel comfortable if we lose a game we're dropping down to 7th.

I think the point is there are plenty of opportunities to discuss what's best for Freo overall, this is intended to be a zealous witch-hunt for our future pick 'friends'.

I draw the line at supporting Carlton though.
Given how much of a rabble West Coast are it's easier to enjoy them winning the odd game (except for that shitty one against us).

I think the point is there are plenty of opportunities to discuss what's best for Freo overall, this is intended to be a zealous witch-hunt for our future pick 'friends'.
Jack Nicholson Yes GIF by The Taboo Group

I draw the line at supporting Carlton though.
Given how much of a rabble West Coast are it's easier to enjoy them winning the odd game (except for that shitty one against us).
Dump Yell GIF by Gogglebox Australia

Carlton has GWS, Dogs, Port and Pies in the next five. Losing a couple of those would be very handy for Freo.

We obviously want Carlton to lose as many games as possible prior to their beating of Port and the Pies.

So far, :whitecheck:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back