Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Fyfe and JOM are both options and are 30+.

Erasmus is the only semi viable option outside the best 22. Brodie will be delisted the moment his contract is up so his age is irrelevant.

That's all happening by 2026. We'd be thin as anything.
Sure, but you don't use first rounders to give depth. Pick a few blokes at 25+ in the next 2 drafts to develop.

You use first rounders on blokes who you think make the B23 better.

Sure, but you don't use first rounders to give depth. Pick a few blokes at 25+ in the next 2 drafts to develop.

I was talking about best 22 in 2-3 years time.

Given Johnson is already playing most weeks who's replacing Fyfe?

Anyway having watched Melbourne today I don’t think we’re getting pick 7 from Port Adelaide. They’re done and will barely win another game imo.

Things are changing quickly each week but I think the current top six is will be playing in September and the last two spots are between Port, Essendon, Bulldogs and Hawthorn. On form you’d have to say the last two are favourites to knock the first two out. I have Gold Coast as very unlikely at this tbh but wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them finish above one or two of the four teams I’ve mentioned.

David Walls on draft night be like
Ultimate Warrior Sport GIF by WWE

David Walls on draft night be like

Warrior's "pop' at Wrestlemania 8 still one of my fav 'WWE/then F' moments; before the days of Internet and dirtsheet knowledge, you could really pull off nutty surprises like that....came outta nowhere, completely unexpected and most people had left Warrior behind. Ah, the Internet: the good and bad of everything

Warrior's "pop' at Wrestlemania 8 still one of my fav 'WWE/then F' moments; before the days of Internet and dirtsheet knowledge, you could really pull off nutty surprises like that....came outta nowhere, completely unexpected and most people had left Warrior behind. Ah, the Internet: the good and bad of everything

Warrior was the GOAT

I think Travaglia, Berry, Lalor and Moraes (more thinking of them as 'types/positions') would be best 22 options pretty quickly.

Best available that's not a KPD, KPF, ruck or inside mid you mean?

You do not get value for high picks stuck in your 2nds. See GC and GWS if you need evidence. It is a terrible way to maintain value.

We're much better off sending picks forward indefinitely. That would likely increase in value over time on average. For example, it is not inconceivable that would could turn the Pies first into a top 3 next year, all because we're willing to wait another year. I don't think we will, but we could.
Oooooo, Shultz for the 2025 pick 1 which we get off WC.

Excited Lets Go GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine turning Schultz into Cooper Simpson and 2025 ND pick 1,2 or 3.

That surpasses the greatness of the Weller Trade.

All will be forgiven for the
Neale>Hogan (2 years and 19 games)>Brandon Walker trade shenanigans
Didn’t we get the Shultz pick as steak knives from the LN/Hogan deals anyway? So the trade will almost come full circle and we get our pick 6 back.

Alright Carlton fans, you ready to cheer for the mighty Bloooooz?!

Let's go Crippa you smug campaigner. Drag your team over the line in the next two please.
Hmmm, well ok. It kinda feels like spewing in your mouth and then swallowing it back down so it doesn't doesn't hit your girlfriends moms expensive carpet. Very unpleasant, but the alternative is worse.

Hmmm, well ok. It kinda feels like spewing in your mouth and then swallowing it back down so it doesn't doesn't hit your girlfriends moms expensive carpet. Very unpleasant, but the alternative is worse.
Hawks are going to beat them anyway, so top 2 is there for us either way.

We need Port (especially) and Pies to get touched up.

Anyway having watched Melbourne today I don’t think we’re getting pick 7 from Port Adelaide. They’re done and will barely win another game imo.

Things are changing quickly each week but I think the current top six is will be playing in September and the last two spots are between Port, Essendon, Bulldogs and Hawthorn. On form you’d have to say the last two are favourites to knock the first two out. I have Gold Coast as very unlikely at this tbh but wouldn’t be surprised at all to see them finish above one or two of the four teams I’ve mentioned.

Don't underestimate Gawn coming back. If he is in next week then I think they can win their 3 MCG games against GWS, Port and Collingwood.

Don't underestimate Gawn coming back. If he is in next week then I think they can win their 3 MCG games against GWS, Port and Collingwood.
Plus, you almost have to ignore their games against us, I don't remember ever having this much of a bunny side

Can’t do it sorry Joao
Goes against the very essence of my being.
Plus I’d rather meet Port in Finals than Bloooz coz, you know why
I know the risk of losing to them is a frightening prospect but I can't stress how much I want to beat Carlton in a high-stakes final. Preferably in Melbourne.

I know the risk of losing to them is a frightening prospect but I can't stress how much I want to beat Carlton in a high-stakes final. Preferably in Melbourne.
I'd love to be 5 points down with 5 seconds to go and get an absolute bullshit call go our way with a 50 meter penalty giving us the win. I'd drink the tears.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back