Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Could see Adelaide getting this done tbh.
Hawks with heavy legs after the pies win, tex back.

Hawks smalls are more dangerous than their talls so outs won’t hurt this week.

I don't understand this. If Essendon come up, then Port goes down.

To me it is a simple. We need to get behind Essendon.
Completely forgot about Port in that scenario tbh.

Having said that if the trade off for Collingwood finishing bottom four was Port Adelaide make finals I think I'd take that tbh. Of course I'd rather Port do worse but I think the difference between pick 4 and 6 is usually greater than say 8 and 10. I'd really love to get a top five pick in the door.

Completely forgot about Port in that scenario tbh.

Having said that if the trade off for Collingwood finishing bottom four was Port Adelaide make finals I think I'd take that tbh. Of course I'd rather Port do worse but I think the difference between pick 4 and 6 is usually greater than say 8 and 10. I'd really love to get a top five pick in the door.
Making finals is just so dangerous to the pick though. Win two games and suddenly you are out to 15 or 16. Keep em out of da 8

Yes it has become quite nuanced now.

Ideally Port and Pies just lose every game but that probably won't happen. Port especially will need some teams like Essendon, Dogs, Hawks etc to play well to get above them.

So you might be able to make a case for supporting the Bombers over the Saints as it might help the F1. That said, I have no faith in the Bombers and think we're better off putting our hopes and dreams into the Dogs and Hawks pushing Port out. If they do that, hopefully the Bombers keep it together just enough to finish 9th ahead of Port.

Could see Adelaide getting this done tbh.
Hawks with heavy legs after the pies win, tex back.

Hawks smalls are more dangerous than their talls so outs won’t hurt this week.
Hawks have gone from under rated to over rated. They have had a lot of luck getting teams at the right time and place. Their game vs Geelong showed where they really are.
They're in the range of 8-11 IMO.

There are five teams in this premiership race, Sydney, Brisbane, Footscray, Fremantle, and Carlton.

I don't have Geelong and GWS as contenders at this stage.

Hawks have gone from under rated to over rated. They have had a lot of luck getting teams at the right time and place. Their game vs Geelong showed where they really are.
They're in the range of 8-11 IMO.

There are five teams in this premiership race, Sydney, Brisbane, Footscray, Fremantle, and Carlton.

I don't have Geelong and GWS as contenders at this stage.
I think I have them slightly more nuanced. Playing fantastic footy but playing well above their overall talent level and that always comes back down to Earth eventually. Definitely overdue a crash

This death ride is getting tough, the majority of the time the most exciting time for a Freo supporter is November when we become relevant for a little while.
But now it might be in September & October?
I don’t want Carlton winning any games ever, particularly when it helps us move up the ladder, but draft picks have always been so important.
Win win I suppose, but my little brain is getting very confused & starting to fight internally.

This death ride is getting tough, the majority of the time the most exciting time for a Freo supporter is November when we become relevant for a little while.
But now it might be in September & October?
I don’t want Carlton winning any games ever, particularly when it helps us move up the ladder, but draft picks have always been so important.
Win win I suppose, but my little brain is getting very confused & starting to fight internally.
Freo play MCG and SCG as well.they do Optus, doesn't matter where we finish in the regular season, we won't lose a game in finals so GO CARLTON!!

#senddapicks #backdaboys

Freo play MCG and SCG as well.they do Optus, doesn't matter where we finish in the regular season, we won't lose a game in finals so GO CARLTON!!

#senddapicks #backdaboys
Angry Puppet GIF by Gerbert!

go carlton.

Probably need port and Collingwood to actually win some games against the teams around us.

A premiership is there to be won.

Win out and getting that Top 2 spot is massive.

Then going to the Gabba in week 1 or MCG against Carlton.
Nah, Port and Pies can GAGF and lose every game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Understand injury cursing is incredibly bad karma and would never contemplate …. But how does suspension cursing sit in the world of Zen ???
Can we hope for a Demolition derby style all in brawl between the Blues and Pies with a dozen multiple week suspensions following - or are they both just too soft??
Can we do anything to help facilitate this?
Pretty sure I saw a big blonde bloke answering to the name Patty sneak out of Mrs Daicos’s bedroom window last night!! 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Understand injury cursing is incredibly bad karma and would never contemplate …. But how does suspension cursing sit in the world of Zen ???
Can we hope for a Demolition derby style all in brawl between the Blues and Pies with a dozen multiple week suspensions following - or are they both just too soft??
Can we do anything to help facilitate this?
Pretty sure I saw a big blonde bloke answering to the name Patty sneak out of Mrs Daicos’s bedroom window last night!! 🤣

No, it is best it is never mentioned.

The footy goods are powerful beasts, and you should avoid their rath at all costs.

Keep it simple, and just talk about how to get us the best pick.

No, it is best it is never mentioned.

The footy goods are powerful beasts, and you should avoid their rath at all costs.

Keep it simple, and just talk about how to get us the best pick.

Done!!!🤣
I repent any such suggestion of an all in brawl between Blues and Pies - The umpires would just give multiple free kicks in front of goals to the Blues anyway at the first hint of aggression/ foul language/ stubbing of a toe so no chance any such conflict would escalate to brawl status …🤷‍♂️

Yes it has become quite nuanced now.

Ideally Port and Pies just lose every game but that probably won't happen. Port especially will need some teams like Essendon, Dogs, Hawks etc to play well to get above them.

So you might be able to make a case for supporting the Bombers over the Saints as it might help the F1. That said, I have no faith in the Bombers and think we're better off putting our hopes and dreams into the Dogs and Hawks pushing Port out. If they do that, hopefully the Bombers keep it together just enough to finish 9th ahead of Port.
Me trying to keep track of the Death Ride permutations....

images - 2024-07-23T151641.997.jpeg

Nah, Port and Pies can GAGF and lose every game.
Honestly think if we win the next two weeks we'll be fine in terms of finals or very close to.

Most of the teams in the right below will lose one or two games in that time. That includes Port Adelaide. Most of those teams we can take care of by beating ourselves.

Last edited:
Carlton and Sydney obliterating Port is probably worth an extra half a win as well. Lets get that percentage down around 100 which means they probably need to win all three last games to make the 8
Carlton are a going a bit more **** than the Vic media and their fans would have you believe. I'll settle for them just beating Port as it stands.

Can easily see the Swans putting 120 past them though.

Last edited:
Carlton are a going a bit more **** than the Vic media and their fans would have you believe. I'll settle for them just beating Port as it stands.

Can easily see the Swans putting 120 on the them though.
TDK injury has me concerned (cant help but feel Port keep getting unbelievably kissed on the dick with injuries and falling into the win by a goal) but if there's one thing you can be sure about, it's Port not beating a top 4 side. From the main board:

The record as coach is around 56% win rate but he’s:

41% in finals
0% in prelims
45% in showdowns
17% against top 4 sides
33% against top 8 sides
27% against former assistants (they know Ken can’t adapt his game plan).
35-3 against North/GC/St Kilda

TDK injury has me concerned (cant help but feel Port keep getting unbelievably kissed on the dick with injuries and falling into the win by a goal) but if there's one thing you can be sure about, it's Port not beating a top 4 side. From the main board:

The record as coach is around 56% win rate but he’s:

41% in finals
0% in prelims
45% in showdowns
17% against top 4 sides
33% against top 8 sides
27% against former assistants (they know Ken can’t adapt his game plan).
35-3 against North/GC/St Kilda
Yeah true, but I'm hella attached to getting pick 9 from Port and as such, I'm as nervously pessimistic about their opponent as I am Freo.

As you say, they've been completely arseing it all year. Annoying as ****. Imagine if the most recent version of the Dogs went over there? Instead, they get the limp version with 3/4 of them not even getting off the plane.

Yeah true, but I'm hella attached to getting pick 9 from Port and as such, I'm as nervously pessimistic about their opponent as I am Freo.

As you say, they've been completely arseing it all year. Annoying as ****. Imagine if the most recent version of the Dogs went over there? Instead, they get the limp version with 3/4 of them not even getting off the plane.
Or how about ****ing Butters actually gets suspended for being a knob just once, instead of wracking up more fines than any player in AFL history and all by the age of 23. They should be firmly in the bottom 6, one of the reasons I have faith they wont make the cut

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back