Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

There are some rule changes, as it's my baby and there has been some... disappointing opinions in here. The thread is for cheering on picks, you deathride or you have civil conversations in the non-freo thread.

**** Port, **** Pies, **** Saints!!!!

Last edited:
Feels like an almost hollow win, at one stage we had two top 10s and neither of them were ours. Still, it's been fun and hopefully Ken can keep his spectacular finals record in tact.
GWS will surely be all out for the home prelim and potential granny that brings them. They can beat the dogs in Ballarat. It’s a massive game for them. Chances like this to finish top 2 don’t happen often.

That might open the door for us to make finals by beating the power.

There’s no chance of Carlton slipping up against saints.

That’s lovely..assuming
Pies dropping out of the 8 was a dream. Saints sliding was good too.

Solid thread. Enjoyed the posts.

I’d love to push another 1st forward into 2025.

Nothing left to ride really.
Port trade also looks good. We traded two second rounders for Ports first. I think Port will go out in straight sets without Houston. We traded the North second rounder from 2023 that ended up pick 32 and our 2024 second rounder (currently 29 but likely to end up 35-39 when taken) for a pick I think will end up around 17-20 but in a very good draft.

No Houston means they have a problem.
Jake Gyllenhaal Reaction GIF

GWS will surely be all out for the home prelim and potential granny that brings them. They can beat the dogs in Ballarat. It’s a massive game for them. Chances like this to finish top 2 don’t happen often.

I'll be tipping Saints, they are playing great footy and there is no way McKay and Curnow actually are fit next week because 1 week calf / ankle rolls don't exist. There was no reason for Saints to find the gears they did against Geelong but he they are enjoying ****ing up other teams seasons.

Both are 50/50 I reckon and I think we are odds on to scrape in IF we win.

I'll be tipping Saints, they are playing great footy and there is no way McKay and Curnow actually are fit next week because 1 week calf / ankle rolls don't exist. There was no reason for Saints to find the gears they did against Geelong but he they are enjoying ****ing up other teams seasons.

Carlton loss and Dogs win means Port aren't playing for anything and we are.

I can just see it now. One of the Bulldogs or Carlton get rolled, there's us fans, 50k of us with the seats wedged firmly between the cheeks, waiting to be disappointed once again.

I know the saints are playing well but history of final days says that teams that need to win find a way over teams that don’t need the win. Maybe Ross can do us a favour but normally the team that needs desperately to win in these circumstances finds a way to get over the line.

If it were a normal game mid season id tip the saints too but they have one eye on mad Monday already.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes

Genuinely every single thing that happened in the AFL went wrong that round.

It even extended to my fantasy team so I lost a prelim too
So potentially according to the Kostanza laws of physics it is possible that next weekend everything will go right 😁

( I’m huffing some serious Copium here people )

Or is there ?

The best odds of a Carlton loss is the week after a big downhill ski when their tyres are all pumped up and they are gorged with bath water

That’s when they crash back to earth

Last edited:
Or is there ?

The best odds of a Carlton loss is the week after a big downhill ski when their tyres are all pumped ip and they are gorged with bath water

That’s when they crash back to earth
Plus they have recent history of shitting the bed when everything is in the line (2022 final round anyone?)

Last edited:
Plus they have recent history of shitting the bed when everything is in the line (2022 final found anyone?)
Then again we underestimate the umpires ability to get them across the line next week

I’m nervous 😬

Death riding Port to go out in straight sets now. That’s it. That’s what’s left of the death ride.
Melbourne pushing Pies down a pick would be a nice little sweetner.

Port having GWS first week of finals is a nice step in the right direction for a Port's straight set exit

Melbourne pushing Pies down a pick would be a nice little sweetner.

Port having GWS first week of finals is a nice step in the right direction for a Port's straight set exit
Melbourne will most likely choke but it’s a grand old flag this week for them, so who knows. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Go Dees 💪🏼

Remove this Banner Ad

Win Prizes Port, Pies & Saints 2024 Death Ride

Remove this Banner Ad

Back