Port v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

My tip for this game is a huge first quarter from us...6 goal to nil at quarter time. Immense pressure in the second, but low scoring....us 2 goals, Port 1...tight and fairly equal last half....Freo home by close to 30 points....here's hoping anyway!!
Should be a cracker and whoever wins will deserve to....I can think of teams that I would hate to lose 4th spot to...Port would not be one of them :)

I bet the Dockers are lamenting that Saints loss now, if not for that game they would be entrenched in the top 4 with no chance of missing out. Now, they face a final before the finals, and the prize is a trip to Sydney.....Woo Hoo!
The loss to north bothered me more.

There was some kind of alternate reality inevitability to that saints result after seeing how the game went in the first quarter or two.

the north game was just horribly stupid footy, and a seriously wasted opportunity.

The loss to north bothered me more.

There was some kind of alternate reality inevitability to that saints result after seeing how the game went in the first quarter or two.

the north game was just horribly stupid footy, and a seriously wasted opportunity.
The thing i notice with Fremantle this year is they are definitely trying to be more active up forward, but they don't really have a key forward target? They do what they do best better than anyone and their recent form has been red hot, i think they can nullify Port, but to what degree? Can they restrict Port to under 10 goals? Can they repeat that restriction the following week against the Swans? I like their chances at ANZ stadium. They will go close. It's not a disaster who loses this match as either side gets a home final if they lose? So you either cop Sydney in Sydney (a loss?) or play Richmond maybe West Coast/Adelaide at home ( a certain win) Both Port and Freo will be around in week two no matter what happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port lose - we're young, lack experience in big game scenarios - which is true

Freo lose - They're missing, Barlow, Fyfe, Pav and McPharlin - which is true

Bigfooty will be a fun place Saturday night.

Port Loose - Playing in Perth is too hard

Freo Loose - 6 day break vs 8 day break :)

Port lose- can't handle Freos manic pressure

Freo lose- no Pav, no Freo or no Fyfe no Freo or no Barlow no Freo or no McPharlin no Freo.

My tip- Freo by 32pts. R. Gray 3 votes, N Fyfe 2 weeks for demonstorous barracking not in the spirit of the VFL.

Normally a 60-40 game for Freo, but wiht POrt having 8 days break vs Freo having 6 days and coming back from Bribane its a 50-50 contest. With both Barlow and Ffye out, for me this tips it slightly in Port's favour. How either of the fan bases can be confident of winning is beyond me, it should very very close.

The thing i notice with Fremantle this year is they are definitely trying to be more active up forward, but they don't really have a key forward target? They do what they do best better than anyone and their recent form has been red hot, i think they can nullify Port, but to what degree? Can they restrict Port to under 10 goals? Can they repeat that restriction the following week against the Swans? I like their chances at ANZ stadium. They will go close. It's not a disaster who loses this match as either side gets a home final if they lose? So you either cop Sydney in Sydney (a loss?) or play Richmond maybe West Coast/Adelaide at home ( a certain win) Both Port and Freo will be around in week two no matter what happens.

I'm pretty sure both Port and Freo would rate themselves a good chance to beat Sydney next week. Winner of this game gets a huge advantage in finishing fourth. High stakes, huge game.

I think freo will smash port

I just think their pressure will smother port

Walters and bloke then and hill, mundy ..Barlow .....they all tackle really well ...pierce

These guys don't give you space that you want

Freo by 7 or 8 goals

I think there are 3 contenders for the flag this year....Sydney, Hawks and Freo.....Freo coming good just in the nick of time. Freo to win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Port v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

Back