Game Day Port v Gold Coast at People First Stadium Gold Coast, Round 18 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm up here for the game. Expect a win. But honestly have no idea about gold coast. Have not watched them all year. Why would you

I’m actually looking forward to this game. I think it will be almost the game of the round.

The Suns will be out to prove something after Hardwick’s press conference last weekend. They also play well at home.

Port need to keep building that momentum. A hard away win will help with that. Plus, they have picked the best available team this week.

Nice to see some Buster in the thread.

Would prefer to keep the tally running of Hinkley's record of not being in a Grand Final every game as it is a milestone. I think that is a bit bereft.

I think we are a decent chance today.

Going through the motions today. We will win by a few points or we lose and the sack Ken Hinkley thread grows exponentially by this evening.

Suns by 5 points.

Oh there's a game on.... 🤔 Don't know if I care enough... Plus I don't have any wine to drink 🤔 except for a couple of my nice bottles I don't want to open just to watch port.
I have stocked up dirty2 🤣🤣

Dry July doesn’t happen in this household due following port under the brains trust that is Stinkley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We'll win easy. The players are doing their thing where they get their asses in gear until Hinkley and the rest of the boys club is safe then they'll stop giving a ****.

Nice to see some Buster in the thread.

Would prefer to keep the tally running of Hinkley's record of not being in a Grand Final every game as it is a milestone. I think that is a bit bereft.

I think we are a decent chance today.

And as pointless as many of the Hinkley era games. We learn nothing about this team until we play and likely lose consecutively to Carlton and Sydney in a few weeks.

Gold Coast home ground advantage is really only applicable to dewy night games.

No excuses today. Must win game.
GC has won every game at home this year so far, just can’t win on the road.

They have only played 1 proper day game (against WC), the rest have been night or twilight games.

I don’t think the time really matters. This will be a tough game. GC plays well at home.

I’m an Dixon knocker, however he plays well fresh, expect 3 goals from Dixon.

Marshall to kick two and Finny to kick 3 and it will be Mitch who!

GC has won every game at home this year so far, just can’t win on the road.

They have only played 1 proper day game (against WC), the rest have been night or twilight games.

I don’t think the time really matters. This will be a tough game. GC plays well at home.
The time of the game is a huge factor. The twilight / night games become really slippery. It is the same reason Brisbane are unstoppable in night games at the Gabba majority of the time. They handle the ball way better in those conditions. The game today will be sunny and perfect conditions.

As much as we want Hinkley gone, win and we are in the four with everyone else falling over and with Richmond at home next week. Backline looking more settled, our mids recapturing some form, and with MG and slick Willi to come back, I’m not writing us off for the challenge of the last 5 rounds. However, lose today and we might as well hand over to Carr tomorrow. I will be watching with interest

Port still underdogs to win, can’t understand why but with them being very good at home it’s expected in some way.
MG being out is my main concern as he’s our best multiple goal kicker along with Rioli.
Marshall really needs to stand up big time today.
It’s now or never for him today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back