Review Port v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

dixon looked decent, champion data rating points he has topped us the last 2 weeks. im sure weitering will tower him up next week

willie makes our fwd line function alot better

midfield was a little bit overwheling, wines and rozee good.

butters,drew,jhf had down games.

logan evans is already double the player burton is

burgyone elite

ratagoloeu needs to never ever kick across goals again. has turned it over and lead to a goal against us 4 times this year.

Frank Evans may not have a future, but sheesh, the fact he hasn't been given a similar run of favouritism to McEntee has got me beat. Has far more to offer in that role.

The win was as expected, we probably played worse than expected overall though. That was pretty poor.

Positives:

Bergman back where he should've always been. Burgoyne is a 10 year winger. Logan Evans has been a huge surprise, just need to fast forward him 50 games.

Negatives:

Waiting 1 more week to dump Hinkley. All the same old flaws and mess.out there. The desire to cruise and slacken off that is deeply ingrained in our group.

Ratagolea, what a terrible pickup he has been. Absolute bombscare of a player. Clumsy, with no game sense and terrible decision making.

Lord, had some great initial games and signs were that he may be developing really quickly, but this year shows he's back where he probably looked like he always was. I'm still not sure he has a future. I also am totally against the role he is asked to play of defensive key forward.

Williams just looks so slow now. We're too slow as it is and he's just a weak link in that group now. Sad because he was trending so well.

Another shit house goal kicking performance. Especially given the 4.8 last, which is a trend late in games of burning heaps of chances.

Last edited:
I mean it's a good thing that Lord still pops up to kick a goal or two but I honestly do not know what he offers.
He needs proper forward tuition. Cornes is not doing his job. He’s letting him and others get away with playing from behind their opponents and not leading or jumping at the footy. Georgiades is the only forward who consistently plays like one should. Even Rioli spent the whole night waiting for the ball to be kicked over his opponent’s head.

Got it done, eventually. We are frustrating to watch with our system of ball movement. Clearly the team trains and practices with defenders, mids and forwards in their own groups but rarely practice in linking the groups together.

Loved Logan Evans, BZT and Bergman in defence. Aliir and Ratugolea make me nervous with their skills, decision making and over head marking.

Rioli makes a huge difference up forward and Georgiatis looks good too. Dixon I'm not convinced. Probably got the benefit of a weak Richmond defence. Lord was disappointing.

Midfield struggled with intensity early, losing a lot of the contested possession. Clearly they showed up expecting an easy game.

Carlton at Marvel will make us look second rate again.

Did he? He spent most of the night playingfrom behind.. and we spend most of the night kicking on his head whilst he played from behind and we missed hitting up other targets..
Balta spent the night trying to play 5m ahead of him. If he tried to play in front of Balta he'd end up too close to the player kicking into 50.

Predictable, everything from the struggle start to the flattering scoreline to Charlie and his junk.

So predictable.

Having said that, we are joint second, so **** it, may as well be happy about it :).

We haven’t had a good run of playing form all year, maybe, just maybe it’ll happen for finals 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually thought Dixon was ok even
though it was against a weaker opposition.
He actually looked like he was moving a bit more freely and consequently he was actually moving a bit
more and also chased a bit.
As others have said the downside is when he is playing ok he tends to draw the ball a lot.
If we had the smarts to feed the ball to a leading Georgiadis or Rioli more often and use Dixon as the last option I reckon we'd do a lot better.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

And Rioli. Changes everything down there.

Love it if one of Evans, Narkle or just someone would take that next spot and grab it. So often their first shot for goal in any game is a point. McEntee included. Super frustrating.
Those 3 aren't good enuf to help us do anything that counts. Agree, Rioli so important to the team.

I think it’s unlikely Dixon sustains any run of good form. Weitering and then Butts/Keane, May and Pearce will have their way with him over the next few weeks.
Should we even play Dixon next week?
They will because they have to but I suspect he’ll struggle coming up again after only a six day break.

What is worse is the knock on impact thereafter against Sydney and Melbourne. His performance will likely deteriorate week by week.

A bit like last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back