Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

Are there CBA numbers anywhere?

Unpopular opinion, I trust Wines and Drew in there against finals level opposition than I do with Butters and Rozee in there.
You can see them on the AFL app. Drew and wines 18/17. Rozee 14. Butters 6.

Didn't realise at the game that butters played more forward. Seemed to help a bit.

Are there CBA numbers anywhere?

Unpopular opinion, I trust Wines and Drew in there against finals level opposition than I do with Butters and Rozee in there.
I agree, Wines has progressively improved over the past 4 weeks, he’s back to taking strong overhead marks. Drew his usual reliable self. Butters struggling with the tag but slowly getting better but Rozzee’s defensive game is embarrassing when it gets tough.

It was good to see Wines and Drew play well and tough and hard in the midfield and win the game.
I thought we were better for the majority of the game and stuck to the task really well.

Against what everyone has said, I think the Hornet was BOG.
Esava looks pretty good as a forward. I liked it.
Dixon was terrible and needs to go if we want to challenge for a flag.
The backline looked very strong, particularly in the air, with Bergman and the usual suspects.
We weren't as dynamic coming out of the back half but we were more accountable.
Rozee is yet to completely fire up.
Burgoyne needs to get in the gym and take opportunities.

But he was super impressed in top of the table Sydney who got spanked at home by 10th?

I'm as pessimistic as they come but based on current form there is no team who will do damage in finals according to his logic.

Someone has to win it.

But he was super impressed in top of the table Sydney who got spanked at home by 10th?

I'm as pessimistic as they come but based on current form there is no team who will do damage in finals according to his logic.

Someone has to win it.
All true. The annoying part of this post isn't the fact that you're right and being realistic. It's that Hinkley thinks in exactly this way. Instead of thinking about how do you become the best everywhere and decreasing those weaknesses, he's looking for the just good enough group, at the same time inviting mediocrity all throughout our game. Kills me. It's not about everyone else not being good somewhere so it is also ok we aren't. We should ruthlessly just be trying to be the greatest we can, with zero regard for our oppositions positions.

All true. The annoying part of this post isn't the fact that you're right and being realistic. It's that Hinkley thinks in exactly this way. Instead of thinking about how do you become the best everywhere and decreasing those weaknesses, he's looking for the just good enough group, at the same time inviting mediocrity all throughout our game. Kills me. It's not about everyone else not being good somewhere so it is also ok we aren't. We should ruthlessly just be trying to be the greatest we can, with zero regard for our oppositions positions.
Its a dumb observation. Even if you think that it is valid on Port, it's a stupid conclusion to come to for Carlton. Carlton are 2nd and they are 2nd for a reason.

The Hinkley factor is seperate and yes, it is real, but it actually has nothing to do with home and away from. Hinkley has never been a poor home and away coach, it is finals where everything goes to shit.

At some point you actually just have to recognise that it is a close comp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Someone has to win it.
Losing is a tough game and someone's gotta win.

Its a dumb observation. Even if you think that it is valid on Port, it's a stupid conclusion to come to for Carlton. Carlton are 2nd and they are 2nd for a reason.

The Hinkley factor is seperate and yes, it is real, but it actually has nothing to do with home and away from. Hinkley has never been a poor home and away coach, it is finals where everything goes to shit.

At some point you actually just have to recognise that it is a close comp.
And that mentality being in our coach is a huge problem.

You missed the Carlton run on bit in the first half? we defend high it'll end in tears as always
They kicked one goal in the first quarter.

They were a missed Alir mark and soft Curnow free or two from being even in the second.
Plus 3 posters including one hitting the flag

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Carlton, What do you mean we won?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back