Review Port v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

It looks great, but shouldn't that have been a free kick to Richmond?

We all know that if you commit a free kick while looking super cool doing it it doesn't count. I mean at least 2 of the last 10 goals of the year weren't actual goals but they looked freaking awesome so they stood.

A bit embarrassing if people are getting worked up over this.

I mean lol, right? Most of the questions are a piss-take and so are most of his answers.

When I was younger, I didn't watch any game that didn't involve Port Adelaide. Didn't mean I didn't like footy, I just didn't give a stuff about other teams. Even these days almost any game can barely hold my interest, it has to be really good.

In all fairness to Charie its a bit hard to say the best thing about being an AFL footballer is premierships when.....well you know.

200kg bench is beast though.

I know Charlie is not flavour of the month around here atm, but I think some are just looking for one more reason to pot him. The bit about playing 16 games a season - how often has it been said on here that it would be a fairer competition if all teams played each other once instead of some getting a leg up because they get to play north/west coast twice etc.
Playing everyone once is a 17 game season, not a 16 game season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Referred to supporters as white noise. There is narrative, I’ll say he’s not alone with this view

I haven't seen the original video or context. I'm assuming it was a one-off comment.

This thread started in response to overreaction - in my view, and many others judging by response to my post - of an extract from AFL Record of some quick vox pop interview with Charlie.

What I have seen is Dixon give 100% every time he steps on the footy field irrespective of where he's at physically. I have never watched Dixon play and thought, damn he's not giving it all. Yep I've wished he was a more intuitive natural footballer many times. But I've never once thought that he didn't give his team and club 100% on field.

"... after human endeavour on the playing field is completely exhausted."

I haven't seen the original video or context. I'm assuming it was a one-off comment.

This thread started in response to overreaction - in my view, and many others judging by response to my post - of an extract from AFL Record of some quick vox pop interview with Charlie.

What I have seen is Dixon give 100% every time he steps on the footy field irrespective of where he's at physically. I have never watched Dixon play and thought, damn he's not giving it all. Yep I've wished he was a more intuitive natural footballer many times. But I've never once thought that he didn't give his team and club 100% on field.

"... after human endeavour on the playing field is completely exhausted."
Good call.

A silent Charlie Dixon is a true poet.

I don’t mind him when he’s not defending Hinkley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back