Review Port v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Just try Ratugolea forward for Lord. Why do we need to bring Marshall and especially Finlayson back?
Ever seen Ratugolea play forward?

Even the shit 2024 version of Marshall is better, let alone Marshall at his best.

You put your faith in what you read on here? Surely there is something to be learned it that?

The character assassination of Charlie Dixon by some so called Port supporters is as astounding as it is incredible. Overall I think Charlie has been a good pick up, he has filled a role as a go to forward and despite what some would have you believe he has also filled the role as a stop gap ruckman. He his very near or even at the end of his career with us and has given good service. Apparently Charlie expressed an opinion about Port supporters and some of the sooks among us have taken exception to it. That has meant it is open season on Charlie by a small number of supporters. I am not suggesting you are in that number but they exist.

Dixon is a gigantic f#%kwit.

The day he returns to Queensland will be as joyous as the day Hinkley p¡sses off to the Ozarks.

Nah, nah nah. That was superb coaching by Williams. He identified an advantage and used it perfectly. Do you think for one second Hinkley would …. ah why bother?
Exactly. Go back and watch the game and you will see that Tredders sacrificed his own game and was mainly a decoy dragging his defender/s to one side while we attacked to the side Thurstans was on pretty much the first three and a half quarters. No way we would we see anything remotely like that from donuts or from Charlie

Not good but not bad. Some good players but some bad players. Got the win, should’ve won by more but awful goal kicking as usual. Will need a full roster playing well to have any chance next week.

Dixon you beauty. The shit he cops is ridiculous, still runs rings around lord.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Did what we had to.

Most here won't like it but the major positive was Dixon. We look a much more dangerous team when we have a proper target man who can take a big mark inside 50. And it takes the pressure off Georgiades who got his goals much easier tonight as a result.

Mm

File Dixon’s game in the same file with James hardens 40 point games. Dixon got his goals but our forward line was entirely dysfunctional and reliant on Herculean efforts to come off to score.

He had a return to form but honestly we’re far worse off for it as a team. This shit failed when he was good, it’s not gonna fly now he’s cooked.

He got his goals last night by standing under and taking some strong contested marks while that all-time bad Richmond defense spectated and not one of them remotely tried to help Balta cover Dixon. He’s not going to be that lucky versus other teams. Coming off and helping other defenders as 3rd / 4th man up is literally most defenders happy place. They’ll do it all day long and if we’re dumb enough to play that way against any team not called Richmond we will get murdered.

It’s not sustainable even if dixon was suddenly good again, much less in this reality were we know that was a rested Dixon trying to prove us wrong and he will return to regular 2024 programming.

Agree. He’s never had a game anything like Dixon’s tonight. To be honest I barely remember him ever taking a contested mark.

Not sure why you’re comparing a 20yr old kf we drafted at pick 50 something to a dude we traded a first and 2nd rounder for and have paid a mint through his prime.

If we buy a Corolla for $5k, and it doesn’t turn out to be the same car as the rav4 we spent 50k on, the Corolla isn’t junk. You got a bargain.

Flat. There's like 3 pages to this thread and no changes thread. Nobody cares anymore.

I think Lord comes out for Marshall. We need marks up the ground, our transitional ball movement is absolutely laughable.

Georgiades and Dixon playing closer to goal and Marshall as the lead up CHF is our best setup.

Against a horrid tigers side we really lacked movement and targets across that half forward

Yes he’s developing but the goals in that final were partly opportunistic, go back and take a look.

Not sure how that’s a negative in this case. Lord is a big bruiser, I think him showing he can get goals another way is a positive.

'King Charles' kicked more goals than Mitch tonight against those same cellar dwellers...

We went through Dixon probably 3x as much as we went through Mitch, if not more. Mitch was incredibly efficient with his opportunities last night.

The forward line was top heavy and Richmond cleared it out too easily and burned us on transition.

Last quarter when we took Lord off and swapped in Narkle we stopped that easy movement out of our defence and their scoring dried up. Narkle should have kicked at least 3 goals, of our 4.8 he kicked 4 points.

I know people here are largely not fans of Dixon but he was huge tonight. Managed to get away with a couple of sneaky pushes but clunked some strong one grab marks and converted well. Did some reasonable ruck minutes too. Credit where it's due tonight.

Georgie was handy, some deadly set shots from pockets split the middle.

Ollie went back to Quadzilla days tonight. Spoke to RussellEbertHandball at half time who said he was watching Ollie park himself over the ball and feed it out.

If Esava is mentoring Jacob Moss someone tell Moss that those kicks across the ground at full back to opposition players in front of goal are not what we are looking for.

A lot of people who I have seen at the footy every week since day one at Adelaide Oval didn't turn up tonight.

I think it is justified after last nights game. He had 2 kicks 1 mark and a goal.

One of those kicks and the goal came from a free down the ground so in 3 quarters of footy he had 1 kick 1 mark.

Walters is a massive beast of a lad drafted in the top 3 and the last 2 games he has a combined 7d 0 goals.

Plenty of young kfs aren’t dominant straight away.

Marshall isn't adequate, he's a non competitor and a classic player who will let you down when it matters. Lord has the eye of the tiger and needs to be persisted with.

Lol carn. Dixon has had years of spraying easy shots at goal in big moments, it’s a massive part of his legacy that he’s failed in big moments. I think it’s symptomatic of the bigger picture but gee, to level this accusation at Todd after praising Dixon for a nothing game against the bottom team with Dixon’s history is hilarious.

Just try Ratugolea forward for Lord. Why do we need to bring Marshall and especially Finlayson back?

Lol. Esava failed at Geelong , a much better organised forward line and team and they moved him back then sold that lemon to us.

For all the reasons why he is a poor defender those things are going to be magnified in the forward line, which is infinitely harder to play.

All moving him forward would do is make us worse, and give us less chance to develop actual kfs. Not too mention how likely he is to just barrel through his own team yes so they can watch the opposition score while they’re injured on the ground.

wooden spooners with 13 players out

that is all
Third placed GWS could only get a 24 point win against them.
Its not me thats said it because I dont have inside knowledge, but Ive read a few people on here say that he came to Port on the condition that he play as a forward and never a first ruck. Thats why I said "if its true", because I dont know.

There have been seasons where we have had nobody we were willing to play in ruck, yet still refused to play him as our first option, and supposedly this was the reason. So either there is something to the rumour or our coaches are idiots. I lean towards a bit of both.
Charlie has literally been quoted this year about the coaches telling him they don't want him rucking in order to protect his body

Charlie has literally been quoted this year about the coaches telling him they don't want him rucking in order to protect his body
Which makes sense given his age, but was that the case 5 years ago?

If there is another reason behind it then fair enough I don't hold that against Dixon. All I'm saying is it has been posted here multiple times and if true is not a good look.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would prefer McEntee and Lord over DBJ

from the game DBJ 12 Disposals & a Goal his opponent Daniel Rioli 28 Disposals and 2 goals
(DBJ was always 5m+ behind Rioli as Rioli did what he liked keeping Richmond in the game)
Dbj has become a lazy footballer.. if he was meant to shut down rioli he was embarrassed.. his effort to allow a goal down the southern end in the 3rd just showed how switched on he is..

Should be the last time we see him if we are a fair dinkum club

Just going to leave this here. Make of it what you will.

View attachment 2054436

Seems you’ve missed some. Please make some more graphics for threads I’ve participated in, including:

Player watch Connor Rozee
Analysis inside 50 into goals
List management 2024-2925
Roast we need to talk about Lachie
Prediction 2024 prediction thread

Plus a bunch of threads pre season.

If you’re going to deliver data then get it right.

The usual suspects will still be defending Hinkley for the next 900 years.

Such controversial comments and look how many people agreed with me and liked my post.

The old high press kick-it-to-Dixon gameplan sucks. It's prone to turnovers. Good teams have figured out how to beat it. It's been years with the same gameplan.

A smart coach would devise a gameplan that plays to our strengths. Use the creativity of butters and rozee as a weapon. Play to our forwards strengths, get hot toddy on a lead, give Mitch space to leap, send Charlie to the annihilator. Don't play zerk, rat and aliir at once. If rat has to sit in the twos and the recruiting staff look stupid, so be it.

Dbj has become a lazy footballer.. if he was meant to shut down rioli he was embarrassed.. his effort to allow a goal down the southern end in the 3rd just showed how switched on he is..

Should be the last time we see him if we are a fair dinkum club
let's hope ... the quicker he goes the better the club will be ..

Whenever Kern gets quizzed about esava he always goes by the narrative “we recruited him as a back so we will play him as a back” He is way too stubborn to be proven wrong or for esava to be tried in a different position otherwise and thats one of the many reasons we will regress the next 5 weeks. Esava wont get dropped or moved forward because hinkleys reputation is at stake and esava wont be gone til the next coach gets here.

By alienating the lifeblood of a club - its supporters. He plays for Kenny Hinkley not my football club.
Did you go to the game? Small crowd but Charlie gets huge crowd support, think Dwayne mentioned it in the commentary as did Kath L in her post game. Charlie calls out online trolls not sure if that’s the lifeblood of our club. When I think of our club I think of the families, volunteers, cheer squad and members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Port v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back