Other Teams
Brisbane Heat
Elliot Kavanagh..No.1
Jackson Merrett..No.13
Nick O'Brien..No.33
Stewart Crameri..No.12
Ben Howlett..No.28

That looks fine by me,lets see what the club does!.....:thumbsu:

If Cramdog isn't getting numero uno then I hope one of the established players (say a Howlett) gets it.

For some reason I don't like the idea of a kid walking into the club straight into a #1 jumper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm thinking Long will be rookie listed and keep number 13. He's even still on the team list while Williams, Daniher and Welsh are gone.

I'd like to see Crameri in the number 1 jumper though. It would be nice to see someone at the start of our team list who regularly gets a game.

1 is such a special number. It is the multiplicative identity and the basis of the successor function which is the basis of the Peano axioms which of course are the basis to constructing the number line. The other interesting numbers of course are the prime numbers. These are the building blocks of all whole numbers, for those that don't know all whole numbers are a unique products of prime numbers.

Squares and cubes are nice too. However the best numbers are perfect numbers. The only ones that are suitable for a jumper are 6 and 28 with the next perfect number being 496. They have a close relationship with Mersenne primes also. I dare you to read this and not be fascinated:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_number

Anyhow with the character of the numbers given I'd say that:

Heppell should be number 1. He is what I indentify Essendon as. An intelligent kid bristling with talent but still salt of the earth. He is also the successor of Hird in my eyes. So he has identity and successor function covered.

The prime numbers should be given our KPPs and best onballers who we build the side around. 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13 .....

Perfect numbers should go to players like Mercuri (pre his brother's suicide) or Wanganeen. Not sure if we have anyone like that anymore. Players who are pure in their skills. I'm sure someone can help me out with that though.

Heppell 1 if he wants it,

Kavanagh can choose his number since hes our first pick,

O'Brien and Merrett can choose their number although it has to be over 30

I prefer Heppell to stay in 21. Suits him nicely - 1 would suit him too, just don't see the need to change numbers when he already has a good number that suits him.

My preference:

1: Crameri
12: Merrett
13: Kavanagh
28: Bellchambers
33: O'Brien

If true that Crameri is going to be in 12:

1: Carlisle
12: Crameri
13: Kavanagh
22: Merrett
28: Bellchambers
33: O'Brien

Never liked the number 22 much, Carlisle would look great in 1.

Possible new Jumper numbers!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back