Possible Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

People are severely overrating Thorp. Hasn't proven anything at AFL level, in fact I watched Box Hill Hawks v Collingwood a few weeks back and he was pathetic.

The bloke has played bugger all and has struggled with injuries all year....under your analogy for instance, I watch Daisy against us and he was hecken pathetic..the comp over rates him as well:rolleyes:

There is no way we are trading a top quality KPP prospect like Mitch Thorp for any injury prone, light bodied backman from a team that can't prise itself off the bottom of the ladder.

Melbourne fans, I suggest you hang on to all your 'talent'. Perhaps you will then keep doing so well.

There is no way we are trading a top quality KPP prospect like Mitch Thorp for any injury prone, light bodied backman from a team that can't prise itself off the bottom of the ladder.

Melbourne fans, I suggest you hang on to all your 'talent'. Perhaps you will then keep doing so well.

Let's go back 5 years to when Hawthorn couldn't scrape itself off the bottom of the ladder.
Remember that?

That injury prone light bodied backman is better than any backman at your club, and is exactly what your club needs, but won't get.

Mitch Thorpe - a great talent with a poor attitude who has done nothing even at VFL level. Some interest may be there given the talent and how old he is but it would not be as much as the Hawks fans are thinking.

The Hawks do rate Thorp but I absolutely agree, wont happen. Neither player has done enough to warrant such high regard. Injury prone and are liabilities.

Thorpe is worth more than Rivers

Finally someone with some sense. This trade wont happen. Hawthorn are more likely to off load Dowler than Thorpe. It's laughable to see Dee supporters proclaim Rivers as their best defender, a player who has been unable to get on the park for the last two seasons. Surely there are defenders at Melboure currently playing that would think otherwise. How exactly has Rivers proven himself?

How exactly has Rivers proven himself?
jaredrivers.jpg

So how many years ago was that?

How many games has he missed since?
So what? Yes, he's injury prone. The bad thing was that he finally got over his OP this year then somehow managed to tear his abdominals. From the updates i've heard from him he should be fit and firing next year.

Anyway i don't want to give him up, he's 24 and by the time i reckon Melbourne will be challenging for the flag i beleive he will still be in his prime.

What do adelaide fans think of Rivers for pick 8-10? Melbourne could then trade that pick to the hawks, they couldn't say no to a top 10 pick.

Not in your wildest dreams.

Firstly, he's not worth a first round pick - at least not a top 10 pick. Maybe for a 2nd rounder...

Secondly, Adelaide already have an AA FB (Rutten) and the 2008 AA CHB (Bock). Why would we want to trade for Rivers in the first place?

Not in your wildest dreams.

Firstly, he's not worth a first round pick - at least not a top 10 pick. Maybe for a 2nd rounder...

Secondly, Adelaide already have an AA FB (Rutten) and the 2008 AA CHB (Bock). Why would we want to trade for Rivers in the first place?

It was a little hopefull...

But it would allow you to play Bock as a CHF, which could really help you guys

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So what? Yes, he's injury prone. The bad thing was that he finally got over his OP this year then somehow managed to tear his abdominals. From the updates i've heard from him he should be fit and firing next year.

Anyway i don't want to give him up, he's 24 and by the time i reckon Melbourne will be challenging for the flag i beleive he will still be in his prime.
So you didn't answer my questions?

There was no requirement to answer them, he included current and more relevant information.

However, in response to your questions, when has Thorp ever done anything? In addition, both have injury concerns attached to them and whilst you say how many games has Rivers missed, how many games has Thorp played?

Finally someone with some sense. This trade wont happen. Hawthorn are more likely to off load Dowler than Thorpe. It's laughable to see Dee supporters proclaim Rivers as their best defender, a player who has been unable to get on the park for the last two seasons. Surely there are defenders at Melboure currently playing that would think otherwise. How exactly has Rivers proven himself?

LOL, you mean finally someone with the same opinion as yours?

Thorpe has queries over his attitude, and his performance at VFL level backs it up. imho that far outweighs Rivers history of injuries, especially if you take into consideration that he could have played out the rest of the year but the club decided to do it now and get him 100% right for next year.

It's all irrelevant though, the trade isn't going to happen. Bailey has already stated that he wants more draft picks to get young talent, he's not going to throw away pick 20 (or thereabouts) on a bloke with an attitude problem, regardless of his potential.

Look boys you really can't make an opinion on Thorp for at least another 3 years, he's still only 19 years old, and hasn't done a pre season due to having hip surgery over the pre season. Hawthorn would be stupid to give him up without knowing his full potential, and Melbourne supporters why are so interested anyway? Your all saying how terrible and crap he is.... Just give up no chance he'll be leaving, if you want anyone make us an offer for Boyle.

Look boys you really can't make an opinion on Thorp for at least another 3 years, he's still only 19 years old, and hasn't done a pre season due to having hip surgery over the pre season. Hawthorn would be stupid to give him up without knowing his full potential, and Melbourne supporters why are so interested anyway? Your all saying how terrible and crap he is.... Just give up no chance he'll be leaving, if you want anyone make us an offer for Boyle.

The thread wasn't created by a Melbourne supporter and all the replies from us have been in the 'LOL' vicinity. Sure MElbourne are on the lookout for a KPP but Thorpe isn't the right one to go after.

The thread was actually started by a Geelong supporter. Some opinions of fellow supporters aren't exactly what i would call well rounded, they are just rating Rivers against Thorp at current levels, not taking into account potential shown as a junior, age, etc.

Although largely untried, Thorp is probably slightly more valuable then Rivers, mostly beacuse he has age on his side.

I highly doubt melbourne would allow rivers to leave, but maybe they would to get someone like thorp.

I wouldn't give up much for Boyle, he'll be 25 before next season start and wont have managed 40 games in 6 seasons, if Rivers is bad with injury Boyle is king. The oldest player of melbourne's core group going forward is Miller who just turned 25, so Boyle is too old for our group for us to give up much for him. 3rd round pick at most

The thread was actually started by a Geelong supporter. Some opinions of fellow supporters aren't exactly what i would call well rounded, they are just rating Rivers against Thorp at current levels, not taking into account potential shown as a junior, age, etc.

Although largely untried, Thorp is probably slightly more valuable then Rivers, mostly beacuse he has age on his side.

I highly doubt melbourne would allow rivers to leave, but maybe they would to get someone like thorp.

I wouldn't give up much for Boyle, he'll be 25 before next season start and wont have managed 40 games in 6 seasons, if Rivers is bad with injury Boyle is king. The oldest player of melbourne's core group going forward is Miller who just turned 25, so Boyle is too old for our group for us to give up much for him. 3rd round pick at most

The Boyle hypothetical was more out of sarcasm, i know you guys wouldn't be interested and i completely understand why, as a club you have to go youth, just like all clubs that bottom out.

Thorp will become a very good AFL footballer, that is the point I and all my fellow hawk supporters are making... you can knock him all you want, but the signs are DEFINATELY there that he is going to be something pretty good.

AND to all those questioning his attitude, thorpy is a very confident young man, this comes across as cocky, to say its an attitude problem is far from the truth, same sort of deal with Franklin he was arrogant as a kid MANY doubted his attitude prior to being drafted, look at where he is now....

Thorpe has queries over his attitude, and his performance at VFL level backs it up. imho that far outweighs Rivers history of injuries, especially if you take into consideration that he could have played out the rest of the year but the club decided to do it now and get him 100% right for next year.

It's all irrelevant though, the trade isn't going to happen. Bailey has already stated that he wants more draft picks to get young talent, he's not going to throw away pick 20 (or thereabouts) on a bloke with an attitude problem, regardless of his potential.

Thorp is a player confident in his own abilities, but he's very much a team player.

You can keep believing he has an attitude problem though if it floats your boat. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Possible Trade

Remove this Banner Ad

Back