Post Dreamteam/Supercoach questions here

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

G'day Dees

Has Watts served his apprenticeship for Casey or do you believe that one or two bad games will see him demoted back there? Like the look of him, took a couple of strong contested grabs which impressed and could be a very valuable bench forward for the rest of the season if given an extended run in the seniors.

Cheers.

Bail

Whats going on with Bail?
was listed with a quad injury. Then listed as an emergency.
Now he's not on the injury list and not in the team.

I thought his form was pretty good prior to injury.

After a few losses i thought he was chance to come back into the team

I see he played for Casey last week. How long until he is back in the seniors?

Re: Bail

Whats going on with Bail?
was listed with a quad injury. Then listed as an emergency.
Now he's not on the injury list and not in the team.

I thought his form was pretty good prior to injury.

After a few losses i thought he was chance to come back into the team

I see he played for Casey last week. How long until he is back in the seniors?

If he's fit he's never far from selection. We have quite a few mids/small forwards which he's fighter for a possy with. If only he was 10cm taller :(

How come danny hughes is out this week? injury or omission, because i thought he had been servicable.

Any chance of him getting back soon, he only needs one more game before a handy price rise will come my way!!

Hello gentlemen, enjoying the Dee's footy this year!

What's the go with Watt's? Looking to downgrade a midpricer to him, does it look like he is going to be a regular for the year? I thought he went alright last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whispers of hammy tightness but if he's playing he shouldn't be that bad. Played a good game on Sat night.

So would I be a fool for going Ballantyne->syvlia seeing as sylvia is priced deliciously at 324k? His consistency is the worry, plus he's playing geelong this week. Would Ling go to him?

Sylvia is a player I was hoping to have by the end of the year and right now he is very cheap. But those few bad games early have put me off him slightly...

So would I be a fool for going Ballantyne->syvlia seeing as sylvia is priced deliciously at 324k? His consistency is the worry, plus he's playing geelong this week. Would Ling go to him?

Sylvia is a player I was hoping to have by the end of the year and right now he is very cheap. But those few bad games early have put me off him slightly...

If Ling does go to him he'd just go forward and out mark Ling at every opportunity. But Geelong wouldn't let that happen and put a defender on him if he went forward. Probably a good idea to leave that trade for a week. His BE is 88 in DT so even if he cracks a ton, which is unlikely, he shouldn't go up a huge amount.

Goodes is a safer option if you don't have him.

If Ling does go to him he'd just go forward and out mark Ling at every opportunity. But Geelong wouldn't let that happen and put a defender on him if he went forward. Probably a good idea to leave that trade for a week. His BE is 88 in DT so even if he cracks a ton, which is unlikely, he shouldn't go up a huge amount.

Goodes is a safer option if you don't have him.

Thanks for that.

I still rate Sylvia as one of the best players to watch when he is "on", but I guess it's those "off" moments that may see him not make my team in the next few weeks. Hopefully We can see a bit of consistency in his scores, then I'll probably pick him up.

EDIT: Thoughts on wona or watts? Who's the better downgrade option (will probably stay my 8th/9th forward) in terms of job security and scoring potential?

Thanks again.

Thanks for that.

I still rate Sylvia as one of the best players to watch when he is "on", but I guess it's those "off" moments that may see him not make my team in the next few weeks. Hopefully We can see a bit of consistency in his scores, then I'll probably pick him up.

EDIT: Thoughts on wona or watts? Who's the better downgrade option (will probably stay my 8th/9th forward) in terms of job security and scoring potential?

Thanks again.

i started another thread on this in the wrong area, most dees supporters seemed to think it was Watts as the better/safer pick. Who knows its all a guess ?!

I should mention that TDL looks like he'll be getting a call up for Sydney in the next few weeks. imo he's a better dg target than Watts or Wona if you want to generate cash

I should mention that TDL looks like he'll be getting a call up for Sydney in the next few weeks. imo he's a better dg target than Watts or Wona if you want to generate cash

Fair point. Tough to hold your spot at Sydney though.

On Watts, do you think he is locked in for the rest of the year? are there many options that can displace him? I am thinking about getting him, just a query on his JS.

Fair point. Tough to hold your spot at Sydney though.

On Watts, do you think he is locked in for the rest of the year? are there many options that can displace him? I am thinking about getting him, just a query on his JS.

The forward line is the weakest area for Melbourne at the moment so Watts shouldn't find it too hard to stay in the team. But he's a special case and the slightest sign of fatigue or injury and he'll be pulled out. You have to keep in mind that he's 140k in DT, that's about 50k more than most cheap players. Hopefully a better option presents themselves soon.

The forward line is the weakest area for Melbourne at the moment so Watts shouldn't find it too hard to stay in the team. But he's a special case and the slightest sign of fatigue or injury and he'll be pulled out. You have to keep in mind that he's 140k in DT, that's about 50k more than most cheap players. Hopefully a better option presents themselves soon.

Fair point. I suppose at this time of the year I just want every player I get in to have some JS, and he has much more of that than Playfair. Unfortunately there aren't any other rookie forwards really coming through atm by the looks of it.

Question re: Colin Sylvia.

IMO a gun, and his price has dropped after two somewhat ordinary games which is to be expected after returning from such an absence.

Do you think he can be a keeper in DT. with a BE of 88 this week, could end the week priced at around 315k.

Your thoughts?

Cheers

JBLUES

P.S, In anticipation of help, congrats on your strong performances this year, very unlucky not to have the collingwood/bulldogs scalps as well

Question re: Colin Sylvia.

IMO a gun, and his price has dropped after two somewhat ordinary games which is to be expected after returning from such an absence.

Do you think he can be a keeper in DT. with a BE of 88 this week, could end the week priced at around 315k.

Your thoughts?

Cheers

JBLUES

P.S, In anticipation of help, congrats on your strong performances this year, very unlucky not to have the collingwood/bulldogs scalps as well

I think this game against Geelong will show us if he's a keeper or not. He's likely to either be tagged by Ling or be taken by one of Geelongs good defenders when he goes forward. In other words he'll be well matched up where ever he goes. If he can pull out a good score this week he can do it any week. He's an up and down type of player who's definitely underpriced at the moment and apart from Chappy and Pav there aren't really any consistent elite forwards this year. You can do worse that Sylvia as a keeper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back