Post here if your club has never had any player or coach that has been convicted of doping, racism or using homophobic slurs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Surely you must have called a classmate or something a baby when you were in primary school (which is probably offensive to the Infant community :$)

Happily we have pretty much got rid of religious and racial vilification in footy, alas Homophobia is still a problem in our game and culture (and one I still need to be more educated and up to date upon myself, even a sledge like player x etc wears a skirt, which alas I spent a part of my youth and adult years using, is not acceptable at all anymore)

I loved The Naked Gun and Hangover movies but those type of movies are not kosher anymore in today's more "progressive" society

I was reading that Australia has sadly a massive amount of LGBT youth with suicide and or mental health issues, and that should be reason enough for old school fans like myself to zip it and try me more considerate and less hurtful in banter/language in future.

People esp young people have every right to live life as their true authentic selves, be it in a gender or or sexual orientation thing (of both)

I had lie about my religious and racial background on my Mother's side during high school and later after when 9/11 happened.

For years it made me really resentful and bitter I had to lie about my background and forced to life a lie (of sorts)

Obviously it's not the same as what many young gay/trans kids face, but I definitely can empathise with their feelings of isolation and feeling like an outsider and not able to be who they want to be.

It's a very lonely and stressful place to be.
i mean not really, though my mom raised my brother and i to treat people as they want to be treated right from a young age, now, she did raise a tuggers & a bummers supporter so she mustn't have done that good, but it's something she's stood up for as a professional in the workplace and as a private citizen. right from a young age it was very unacceptable for either of us to act like pricks towards others (based on gender, identity, race and what not, if they're a flog, they're a flog) and i've lived that rule throughout my life.

different families, different up bringings. i've known it's unacceptable since i was in creche.

i mean not really, though my mom raised my brother and i to treat people as they want to be treated right from a young age, now, she did raise a tuggers & a bummers supporter so she mustn't have done that good, but it's something she's stood up for as a professional in the workplace and as a private citizen. right from a young age it was very unacceptable for either of us to act like pricks towards others (based on gender, identity, race and what not, if they're a flog, they're a flog) and i've lived that rule throughout my life.

different families, different up bringings. i've known it's unacceptable since i was in creche.

Your Mother sounds like an amazing lady and she would be no doubt be proud of the type of person you have become :)

Unfortunately I grew up being bullied a lot, esp in primary school (being the son of a single Lebanese mother working in a milk bar) and I was in a lot of scraps as a kid and engaged in a lot of verbal and physical stoushes, esp in junior footy, soccer, basketball etc

Always had bit of a chip on my shoulder..

But I am constantly trying to evolve/better myself as a person.

I really used to get wound up/antagonised easily, really trying to learn to bite my tongue/not respond like a flog anymore.

Your Mother sounds like an amazing lady and she would be no doubt be proud of the type of person you have become :)

Unfortunately I grew up being bullied a lot, esp in primary school (being the son of a single Lebanese mother working in a milk bar) and I was in a lot of scraps as a kid and engaged in a lot of verbal and physical stoushes, esp in junior footy, soccer, basketball etc

Always had bit of a chip on my shoulder..

But I am constantly trying to evolve/better myself as a person.

I really used to get wound up/antagonised easily, really trying to learn to bite my tongue/not respond like a flog anymore.
our relationship isn't the best but i won't divulge further for reasons.

you are an ever changing person, you don't let the past define you, nor your past actions, always work towards making the best you

Remove this Banner Ad

Post here if your club has never had any player or coach that has been convicted of doping, racism or using homophobic slurs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back