Review Post Mortem vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

worst officiated match this season I've seen.... the umpires wanted a close match and it was obvious... they impacted too much

it was bad for both teams

Yes the umpires put the whistle away and let too much go on. You can't umpire like that and differently for other games. So many times Grundy was pushed and held and there were high tackles not paid and holding the ball for both teams.

We played like crap and got lucky, but I'll take the 4 points any day.

Also said good game on the Essendon board and got banned, well done flogs. Just like your pathetic supporters who booed Pendlebury. EAD.

Bullshit we got lucky

Buckley will be on the Channel 7 show tonight at 8.30 pm.

Now to the game, so many mistakes, I will unlikely be a fan of Thomas especially leaving Cox to chase the player whilst he waited for the cheap handball. Newsflash... Cox is not that fast.

We need a quick in the midfield, we've got grunt up the wazoo, Sier and Mayne coming back even more so.
We need another afterburner to go with Treloar.

After the disgraceful behaviour of Essendon fans I now agree with Malthouse’s sentiment except it should only be stripped from those bastards. Scummy and not fitting of the ANZAC spirit.
Agree, just give it to a team that their supporters would appreciate playing today against us. It was a disgrace.
If we had boo like them l would be angry. Boo jurying the game but not afterwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Another game in which we won ugly after a promising start. We could have been overrun but....... we weren't. We had a lot of passengers and still won. Well done boys.

Poor umpiring affected both sides.

Pendles was brilliant 38 possessions, 16 contested, 7 marks; 3 clearances, 6 tackles, 4 I50's, as was Grundy with 24 possessions; 16 contested; 6 marks, 3 clearances, 6 tackles, 2 I50's, 39 HO's and a couple of brain fades. Crisp and Adams hardly put a foot wrong.

We do not have a great midfield. Yes we have good midfielders however, they hardly play well or consistently at the same time. They looked slow.
Clearances -11;
Stoppages -8;
Centre -4;

2.10 from set shots.

Brown for the good things he does is let down by his poor kicking, which lacks any penetration. He kicked 0.3 with all his shots within 30-35m and basically directly in front.

Beams looked slow and his disposal was poor. Was he injured?. Varcoe was poor. He had one kick after QT and finished with 4 for the game which included two direct turnovers. Mihocek, other than his goal in the 1st Q, was unsighted. Thomas and Stevo had another poor game

Some of you are almost as salty as the bombers FFS.

We are not playing consistently good footy but truly speaking bad kicking for goal is bad football.

This needs to be sorted out because the only thing that gave the bombers a whiff of hope was our atrocious kicking for goal.

We should have converted at least 4 of those goals - add those and it's a comfortable win and also take into account the bombers are the biggest front runners in the business - should have been 50 up at half time. As it was we frittered those chances and gave them hope.

Won the match against a valiant team who played like a 5 goal better team on pure adrenaline.

As far as their supporters at the G. I have only one word to describe them.

Troglodytes.

Buckley will be on the Channel 7 show tonight at 8.30 pm.

Now to the game, so many mistakes, I will unlikely be a fan of Thomas especially leaving Cox to chase the player whilst he waited for the cheap handball. Newsflash... Cox is not that fast.

Yeah I yelled at the TV. Help him Thomas ffs. Was really disappointed in leaving Cox to chase & stayed outside looking for cheap ball.

Shit we we’re lucky there but hung in there and won ugly which is what a good side does. Pendles such a champ.

Kept them in it and gave them a sniff. Set shot goal kicking was disgraceful, as was much of our transition into F50, spanked in the clearances. Still, play poorly and still get the 4 points, take that every day of the week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Post Mortem vs Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back