Post Round 11: What did you learn from the round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Learnt about Freo- Either last year was a fluke, injuries and a poor pre season will ruin this season, or the players we put on the field just dont want a win bad enough... Take your pick

Guess Sydney isn't an AFL team then? Sorry champ, can't beat too many teams above you when you are 3rd or 4th when the season is halfway from finished, so the ladder is the proper reflection of where teams are at atm. We have not played West Coast, Hawthorn or Freo yet - so there's really no point saying we're no good because "have not beaten anyone higher than 6th all year". Mostly due to the fact that a) there is still another half of the season to go and b) the statement is a flat-out lie.

Haha. Shall I take into account Hawthorn's loss to Adelaide? See, it's not hard to cherry pick results to suit your argument. I can do it too! On the flip side, I can also point to our result vs Geelong - that is the closest anyone has come to beating them this year. If we're no where near the class, then how on earth are we 4th and matched it with the unbeaten team who are in terrific form? :confused:

We have only played two teams above us on the ladder thus far - against Collingwood and Geelong. Probably should have beaten Geelong, and were competitive against Collingwood. If that is all we can go by, then it shows we can match it with the best. And if you can, anything can happen.

Agreed.

Guess Sydney isn't an AFL team then?
there's really no point saying we're no good because "have not beaten anyone higher than 6th all year".
And where was Sydney on the ladder when you beat them? :rolleyes:

I can also point to our result vs Geelong - that is the closest anyone has come to beating them this year.
Do you have any control over how wrong you allow yourself to be? Or it just comes naturally?
You're obviously struggling so I'll dumb it down for you:
Round 1 2011
Geelong 6.12 (48) def. St Kilda 6.11 (47) by 1 point.
Ergo, St. Kilda have come closer to beating Geelong this year than Carlton.

Pays to do some research before sprouting off and looking like a dill.

Do you have any control over how wrong you allow yourself to be? Or it just comes naturally?
Round 1 2011

And Adelaide beat us in Round (1).

I thought it was obvious that Round (1) each year throws up curl balls.

Pretty sure Thrawn didn't need to spell that out ...

1. Michael Johnson is perhaps the laziest player to ever play this game.
2. Freo are a bunch of downhill skiers
3. Essendon losing makes for a much better round
4. Andrew Swallow will be better then David
5. Whoever loses on friday night can shut up shop for the year.
6. Hawthorn cannot beat Geelong without Buddy
7. North fans refuse to turn up to games
8. If Tom Scully joins GWS i will cry
9. St Kilda games are boring to watch

What can you base this on ? One amazing game, obviously Andrew is a massive talent but David has played, what 10 games or there a bouts. David Swallow has been consistent all year.

Eagles might scrape into the 4, if they get some important players back.

Thought they would win by 10 points against Gold Coast(future monster) and not far off with the 18 point win.

If the Eagles can beat Adelaide next week in S.A then they can bumble there way for the next few weeks, and put pressure on Carlton.

mmmmmmmmmmmmm, well maybe not

Relevance? They're 5th. You are making a judgement call on Carlton based on what you have seen thus far. Sydney are currently the 5th side in the competition, and we have beaten them. Don't try and wriggle out of it.

Okay, fine, I admit I ****ed up with the margin there. One point, two points - not a big difference and doesn't invalidate my initial point anyway. And considering the context of the season, Carlton's result matters all that much more because not only have they been winning games, but they've matched every side they've played so far. Can't say the same for the Saints.

You're one to talk about research, you couldn't even admit we beat Sydney, who are 5th atm. At least I have the ballsack to admit I ****ed up, instead of changing the goalposts.

Maybe you need to stay in Bay13 instead of taking pot-shots since you're too frustrated because you can't back your point. So instead of posting gibberish, I'd like to see why you think Carlton will slide, who will overtake them and in what part of the draw this will actually happen. I'll happily argue the merit of these points providing you don't act like a dill. I didn't fire the first shot mate, if you want to talk about dills, go to your local deli.

Boys looked very flat on saturday - completely stopped running in the last quarter. On that your comment is bang on the money

Reckon we'll be a chance the next two weeks - then struggle against your mob.

We then have the bye - hopefully that freshens us up as we have a tough month - and then a relatively soft last month
Carlton limped into the bye, The pace of the game now i think every team needs it.

By no means am I criticizing your mob, I still think you will finish top 6. I just think you will have a down patch, a lot of young guys won't be able to keep up the intensity you were showing the past couple of months.

yeah - appreciate that.

I had just started believing we might make finals - funnily enough I took heart out of the Collingwood loss - but the Suns performance was quite disheartening.

was by far our worst performance of the year - and the reason i quoted your comment is because i was about to write something similar.

Round 1 2011

No need to worry, you still look like a dill, a petty simple dill :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah - appreciate that.

I had just started believing we might make finals - funnily enough I took heart out of the Collingwood loss - but the Suns performance was quite disheartening.

was by far our worst performance of the year - and the reason i quoted your comment is because i was about to write something similar.

some times it's hard for young teams to get up for nothing games, also they need a week off to recharge.

-Apparantly the Demons have won the GF this weekend

Hmmmm. I just learnt that when Essendon wins a NAB cup game and start worshipping the Golden Boy as if he just moonwalked across the Yarra, it is cool and it is just happy supporters enjoying the moment BUT when we win a game for 4 points after a week of being called cheats and soft by other clubs, with a coach and senior players under the microscope and an injury list longer than the amount of crap that comes out Matty Lloyd's mouth we are over the top for daring to show some emotion.

Still, the lesson isn't lost on us: next time we beat Essendon we'll just shrug and wonder why we didn't do it by more.

Hmmmm. I just learnt that when Essendon wins a NAB cup game and start worshipping the Golden Boy as if he just moonwalked across the Yarra, it is cool and it is just happy supporters enjoying the moment BUT when we win a game for 4 points after a week of being called cheats and soft by other clubs, with a coach and senior players under the microscope and an injury list longer than the amount of crap that comes out Matty Lloyd's mouth we are over the top for daring to show some emotion.

Still, the lesson isn't lost on us: next time we beat Essendon we'll just shrug and wonder why we didn't do it by more.

Calm down boy, he was just saying that some fans were overreacting to the win.

- Essendon are sliding due to injuries and nothing more.
- Carlton can win without Chris Judd or Michael Jamison.
- Gold Coast are good and will not win the wooden spoon this year.
- Port Adelaide are going nowhere fast.
- Collingwood and Geelong are way ahead of the competition at the moment, simply because they can play four-quarter footy.
- Hawthorn are just cruising and may get a nasty wake-up slap next week.
- Daniel Giansiracusa is carrying the Bulldogs.
- Adelaide are in big trouble.

- Essendon are sliding due to injuries and nothing more.
- Carlton can win without Chris Judd or Michael Jamison.
- Gold Coast are good and will not win the wooden spoon this year.
- Port Adelaide are going nowhere fast.
- Collingwood and Geelong are way ahead of the competition at the moment, simply because they can play four-quarter footy.
- Hawthorn are just cruising and may get a nasty wake-up slap next week.
- Daniel Giansiracusa is carrying the Bulldogs.
- Adelaide are in big trouble.

Don't agree,

Port played a good half of footy today, hard and tuff they are young and will get much better.

I was going to write something similar but you said it pretty well apart from the added detail of the club having to see their president go through more surgery

Yup the Dees had no right to show any emotion at all....:rolleyes:

The difference between Carlton and Hawthorn, and Geelong and Collingwood is also a lot less than people think. Reason being Collingwood have peaked too early, and Geeling is on it's last legs.
Collingwood hasn't peaked too early considering they haven't even used a full press for four quarters yet. The club is planning on peaking around Round 15-16 onward because it worked last year, and the experience they learned of winning last years premiership. So far they're on track, and even Jason Dunstall agreed last week after the win over West Coast that their best will come then.

Collingwood is slightly ahead of Geelong at the moment, and then a gap to Hawthorn and Carlton which are pretty hard to split currently.

Collingwood hasn't peaked too early considering they haven't even used a full press for four quarters yet. The club is planning on peaking around Round 15-16 onward because it worked last year, and the experience they learned of winning last years premiership. So far they're on track, and even Jason Dunstall agreed last week after the win over West Coast that their best will come then.

Collingwood is slightly ahead of Geelong at the moment, and then a gap to Hawthorn and Carlton which are pretty hard to split currently.

I look at the ladder and I see it is the other way around. Geelong ar 4 points ahead of Collingwood. That is the fact.

* That Geelong are playing their best football in the first half of the year again, just like 2008. One feels they have peaked at the wrong time again and will be ripe for the picking come September.

* Collingwood & Hawthorn are just cruising, doing enough to win, and are both setting themselves for a serious finals assault.

Hahaha, what loser talk!

Geelong are in first or second gear, no more. We have not been stretched and are doing what needs to be done to win by approx 10 goals of late.

We are rotating players constantly and keeping them fresh, especially our older players.

We now have Menzel, Hunt, Duncan and Vardy who are first/second yearers who will be definites to be in our starting 18 come finals.

Meanwhile, Hawthorn struggle for three quarters in Melbourne against a Fremantle team who are struggling themselves of late, and come good in the last quarter to get over the line by 20 odd points. Yet it is They who have the extra gear and Geelong who are hitting form too early. Maybe it is more of a fact that Hawthorn do not have the ability to string 4 quarters together like the Cats do.

We disposed of you with ease only 5 or 6 rounds ago, and I think it will be a nice easy 5 goal win again this week (especially if you dont have Franklin).

Either you are a troll, or you are just ridiculously one eyed or you you have not watched any Geelong games. Whatever it is, you are an embarassment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post Round 11: What did you learn from the round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back