Post Round 11: What did you learn from the round?

Remove this Banner Ad

*Anyone would think the Dees won the flag, they beat Essendon who were deadset piss poor on friday night.
* Neil craig will not see the year out, Voss could join him.
*The top 4 is set, they may shuffle around positions who knows, but those 4 will finish there.
*Top sides seem to only turn it on when they have to.
*Carltons away strip is shocking, it must go for 2012
*Dwayne Russell is a knob, never had to mute the commentary before:thumbsdown:
*Saints or Dogs, one is gone after this friday night.

Neil Craig has shown he can dish up what ever he wants and keep his job.

1) The top four is set and any one of them has the ability to win the premiership. There is barely a split hair between all four sides and contrary to the crappola posted on here, not one of them has peaked and all have significant improvement in them.

2) Eddie McGuire is a hypocrite. Eddie, go and address the abuse, racial and otherwise dished up by your own cheersquad every week.

3) Adelaide is a gormless, pea-hearted football side. Kurt Tippet is massively overrated.

4) Matthew Pavlich is a champion but his best football is well behind him. He will still contribute but can no longer win games off his own boot.

5) Jobe Watson is still massively underrated. He is the heartbeat of the Essendon Football Club and their (only slightly inferior) version of Dane Swan.

6) Be very afraid of the Gold Coast from 2014-2018. They will win a flag during that time.

7) Rodney Eade can type up his resignation letter.

8) Sydney will win a final.

Find it hilarious that Melbourne fans are telling Essendon folk to get over the loss on Friday, yet they are relentlessly trolling any thread that they can associate to it. You've got your blockbuster Queens Birthday match and we travel to Perth, makes sense to focus on those games yeah?

I really don't think the MFC Bigfooty community's focus on the game ahead is going to make that much difference to the side's performance this week.

Do I really wield this much power?

What have I learnt? That no matter how much I think I know about football, the game still surprises me. Geelong I thought were a 5-8 team, yet they still manage to produce the goods each week. They deserve to be on top.
Having 6 day breaks is not advisable for traveling teams. The game is just so quick now.
Despite the fact it apparently 'enhances' the game, I hate the sub rule. The intensity of afl nowadays means that players have to still play at the same level for the full 120 minutes. IMO, it leads to skill errors, and a worse game to watch.
Gary ablett will be the best player in the game this time next year when his team gets a bit more experience.

1) The top four is set and any one of them has the ability to win the premiership. There is barely a split hair between all four sides and contrary to the crappola posted on here, not one of them has peaked and all have significant improvement in them.

2) Eddie McGuire is a hypocrite. Eddie, go and address the abuse, racial and otherwise dished up by your own cheersquad every week.

3) Adelaide is a gormless, pea-hearted football side. Kurt Tippet is massively overrated.

4) Matthew Pavlich is a champion but his best football is well behind him. He will still contribute but can no longer win games off his own boot.

Very well said on point 1, absolutely correct. The member measuring has already started about who's cruising and who isn't; that's the most accurate thing I've read so far.

2, 3 and 4 right on the money. Just saw Pavlich's blunder in the final quarter, very amusing.

Carltons not a guaranteed lock on 4th, Sydney will be playing them in a couple weeks, that game should go a long way to deciding 4th, if Carlton win they'll probably lock themselves in and deservedly so, but I think Sydney will push them. come to think of it there's a defining game in each of the upcoming 4 weeks gee/haw, car/syd, syd/col, haw/col. The top 4.could be set by round 15.

And where was Sydney on the ladder when you beat them? :rolleyes:

Do you have any control over how wrong you allow yourself to be? Or it just comes naturally?
You're obviously struggling so I'll dumb it down for you:
Round 1 2011
Geelong 6.12 (48) def. St Kilda 6.11 (47) by 1 point.
Ergo, St. Kilda have come closer to beating Geelong this year than Carlton.

Pays to do some research before sprouting off and looking like a dill.

You have the most apt user namer as you are giving it a massive stroke now mate. :eek:

How are the Roos going again??? :D

And where was Sydney on the ladder when you beat them? :rolleyes:

Do you have any control over how wrong you allow yourself to be? Or it just comes naturally?
You're obviously struggling so I'll dumb it down for you:
Round 1 2011
Geelong 6.12 (48) def. St Kilda 6.11 (47) by 1 point.
Ergo, St. Kilda have come closer to beating Geelong this year than Carlton.

Pays to do some research before sprouting off and looking like a dill.

You have the most apt user name as you are giving it a massive stroke now mate. :eek:

How are the Roos going again??? :D

Carltons not a guaranteed lock on 4th, Sydney will be playing them in a couple weeks, that game should go a long way to deciding 4th, if Carlton win they'll probably lock themselves in and deservedly so, but I think Sydney will push them. come to think of it there's a defining game in each of the upcoming 4 weeks gee/haw, car/syd, syd/col, haw/col. The top 4.could be set by round 15.
lol Swans wont make top 4. They got pumped by Hawthorn at home and beat North by 1 pt last week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rd 13 Carlton v Sydney is essentially a playoff for 4th.

And although Carlton will probably win that and get 4th I still can't see why some people have them up there with the top 2 or even Hawthorn. They're a clear step below Hawthorn and not as far infront of the chasing group as people think they are. IMO a touch overrated.

And although Carlton will probably win that and get 4th I still can't see why some people have them up there with the top 2 or even Hawthorn. They're a clear step below Hawthorn and not as far infront of the chasing group as people think they are. IMO a touch overrated.
Richmond - win
Carlton - loss
Collingwood - loss
Adelaide - 50/50
Gold Coast - 50/50
Fremantle - 50/50
Bulldogs - win
Essendon - 50/50
Richmond - 50/50
St Kilda - 50/50
Geelong - loss
Brisbane - win

6 50/50's = 3 wins. 6 wins 6 losses for rest of the season for Sydney.

Richmond - win
Carlton - loss
Collingwood - loss
Adelaide - 50/50
Gold Coast - 50/50
Fremantle - 50/50
Bulldogs - win
Essendon - 50/50
Richmond - 50/50
St Kilda - 50/50
Geelong - loss
Brisbane - win

We're not going to lose to Adelaide and GC. I don't consider them 50/50s.

As for Essendon and St Kilda, on current form they won't trouble us. Unless they do a dramatic 180 those aren't 50/50 games either.

Let's not forget, we were missing 2 key players (Mumford and Jack) in our dominating win last week, they should be back this weekend. And we still haven't lost away from home this year. If we beat Carlton you can mark us down for 4th spot.

We're not going to lose to Adelaide and GC. I don't consider them 50/50s.

As for Essendon and St Kilda, on current form they won't trouble us. Unless they do a dramatic 180 those aren't 50/50 games either.

Let's not forget, we were missing 2 key players (Mumford and Jack) in our dominating win last week, they should be back this weekend. And we still haven't lost away from home this year. If we beat Carlton you can mark us down for 4th spot.
:rolleyes: Adelaide in Adelaide is 50/50. GC is getting better every week and at home will be hard to beat. Essendon game is at Etihad where Essendon play well. St Kilda have improved and match up well with Sydney. Sydney also aren't that great.

:rolleyes: Adelaide in Adelaide is 50/50. GC is getting better every week and at home will be hard to beat. Essendon game is at Etihad where Essendon play well. St Kilda have improved and match up well with Sydney. Sydney also aren't that great.
We beat you in Perth. And although I generally don't like giving your team compliments you are significantly better than Adelaide.

GC is improving...improving from beltings to competitive losses. And considering our 4 wins 1 draw 0 losses start to the season on the road I think we'll handle the Suns up there.

Essendon do play well at Etihad but as I said earlier, on current form, they won't beat us. Obviously if they do turn things around it becomes a 50/50 game but for the time being I can't see them beating us, infact I can't see them making the 8.

As for St Kilda. Improved? Fools gold IMO. They've shown glimpses recently but last weekend was a lot better indicator of where they're at.

Richmond - win
Carlton - loss
Collingwood - loss
Adelaide - 50/50
Gold Coast - 50/50
Fremantle - 50/50
Bulldogs - win
Essendon - 50/50
Richmond - 50/50
St Kilda - 50/50
Geelong - loss
Brisbane - win

Richmond - 60/40
Carlton - 40/60
Collingwood - 5/95 - we can't beat the pies ever
Adelaide - 70/30
Gold Coast - 70/30
Fremantle - 55/45 - depends on injuries to either side
Bulldogs - 60/40
Essendon - 60/40 - on current form
Richmond - 55/45
St Kilda - 60/40
Geelong - 30/70
Brisbane - 70/30

Would be a more accurate reflection, but ill forgive your underrating of us given your posting history regarding the Swans.

Anything outside 3 weeks in advance is going to be wild speculation and depends on injuries and form of either side that said...

I'd be expecting 7 wins minimum, which would leave us on 13.5 wins

In regards to Gold Coast improved, even you will admit that the Eagles played atrociously this weekend and managed to beat them, same as we played atrociously against North and won, good teams win they games they are supposed to.

WOW... i like the Sydney logic... Sydney just beat West Coast earlier this year in subi... so it's a lock they'll beat them in Sydney (even thought West Coast is a much improved team)

However, Sydney is a good chance of beating Carlton in Melbourne when Carlton easily beat them this year in SCG (a ground we haven't won in since 1993)

Going on today's form, Sydney should beat Essendon in 8 weeks time...

Sydney is minus Mumford and Jack... but Essendon has nothing to gain (mind you, Essendon got cheated out of a victory in Sydney)

The "easy" win against lions means everything... even thought they have lost to Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton (drew to Melbourne), were extremely lucky against north and umpires gave them the game against Essendon... and Carlton have only lost to the top 2 teams (in which one we deserved to win)... yet it's that 1 game thats gonna decided top 4...

I also love how it's crazy putting Carlton in the Hawthorn league... because you know, we played poorly against port in the first half... or the fact Adelaide came close to beating us... but Sydney show their class by beating the mighty roos when Sydney played poorly... that shows how good sydney are..

On btw... we have the following players that can come back in...
Henderson
Warnock
Kreuzer
Houlihan
Bower
McLean (if needed)

The only thing Sydney had on us for a while was their hard ball and tackling and we outplayed you in both those aspect..

Sydney are not top 4 material on exposed form.

And i love it how people rate Hawthorn a lot better than us despite them being only 2 pts ahead with an easier draw. It's good to be underrated.

- quaddies, daily double etc can be quite profitable
- judd is balder than i thought
- the footy commentators are only as bad as the footy watching public are whiny about them. the big bad commentator said something you didn't like, you need a hug?

Sydney are not top 4 material on exposed form.

And i love it how people rate Hawthorn a lot better than us despite them being only 2 pts ahead with an easier draw. It's good to be underrated.
I guess we'll see when round 13 comes around. And everyone rates you a lot better than us despite you only being 4 pts ahead.

WOW... i like the Sydney logic... Sydney just beat West Coast earlier this year in subi... so it's a lock they'll beat them in Sydney (even thought West Coast is a much improved team)

Not sure where you read that since we don't play West Coast again this season at all?

However, Sydney is a good chance of beating Carlton in Melbourne when Carlton easily beat them this year in SCG (a ground we haven't won in since 1993)

You beat us by 16 points, 6 of which were from an interchange infringement that wasn't, in the wet (which we play attrociously in) after an extroadinary 3rd Q from 1 C Judd.

10 point margin is hardly, an unbeatable gulf, especially since our current game plan is more suited to larger grounds.

Going on today's form, Sydney should beat Essendon in 8 weeks time... Sydney is minus Mumford and Jack... but Essendon has nothing to gain (mind you, Essendon got cheated out of a victory in Sydney)

Yes going on todays form we should beat Essendon, how does anyone know what Essendon or the Swans form will be in 8 weeks time, its pure speculation. PS the whole "umpires gave a win" is wonderful for you to trot out but is complete BS. What form would you like us to judge it off?

The "easy" win against lions means everything... even thought they have lost to Geelong, Hawthorn, Carlton (drew to Melbourne), were extremely lucky against north and umpires gave them the game against Essendon... and Carlton have only lost to the top 2 teams (in which one we deserved to win)... yet it's that 1 game thats gonna decided top 4...

So sorry how dare we think we are a chance against your side, when you obviously know so much, our Hawthorn game was terrible, and Geelong and Collingwood are both much better sides than Sydney, no shame in losing to teams that are clearly currently better than you.

On btw... we have the following players that can come back in...
Henderson
Warnock
Kreuzer
Houlihan
Bower
McLean (if needed)

Including players that can come back in because they are dropped for poor form is stupid, if they were in your best 22 and available to be picked they would be picked, Kruezer and Warnock definitely best 22, Bower likely depending on his personal form, others are iffy to find a spot.

The only thing Sydney had on us for a while was their hard ball and tackling and we outplayed you in both those aspect..

No doubt, you outplayed us last time we played, so because you outplayed us one game, it means Sydney wont have any chance of winning the next game?
I like your logic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post Round 11: What did you learn from the round?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back