Prediction Post Your End of Season Ladder and Finals Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Just for fun I thought it would be interesting to see everyone’s ladder predictions for the remainder of the season to see who you have making finals and then in time finding out how wrong or right we all got it.

Obviously don’t take this too seriously - just have a bit of fun with it and see how close you can get to getting it right.

Captain optimism or pure delusion in me has us scraping into the 8 with a win against Richmond at the MCG in the last game of the season granting us entry into the finals for the first time in club history with a match up against Geelong in the elimination final. Belief will be strong within the group after the trouncing in Darwin earlier in the season. The adrenaline and momentum of making finals for the first time will unify the group and carry us over the line in a tight contest before ultimately losing to the Lions the next week.

Overall there are some juicy match ups and some AFL house dream outcomes and scenarios like us playing the lions in the semi final for an all Queensland final, a rematch of the epic Sydney v Brisbane thriller, a re-emergence of the Giants v Dogs finals rivalry, a rematch of Sydney v Freo where a butchered kick after the siren lost it for the swans earlier in the season.

The craziest part is that there is actually a pathway for Freo to genuinely make the Grand Final having beaten the swans at the SCG earlier in the season they could do it again. I would not have predicted that at the start of the season.

Anyway have some fun with it if you want to participate and have a crack.

EB0F8789-3036-43D3-B563-1835E779E26C.jpeg

Will the Richmond game be on Friday night?

I know the actual times haven't been released yet, but GC Rich is the first game listed. Should be the Friday night game?

Will the Richmond game be on Friday night?

I know the actual times haven't been released yet, but GC Rich is the first game listed. Should be the Friday night game?
Would be big if we could secure a prime time time slot, however I think it will largely depend on if we are still in the mix for the finals come Round 24. Doubt the AFL would want a dead rubber as a prime time slot.

Captain optimism or pure delusion in me has us scraping into the 8 with a win against Richmond at the MCG in the last game of the season granting us entry into the finals for the first time in club history with a match up against Geelong in the elimination final.
Interesting to see the "experts" / "reporters" on AFL.com.au have us finishing 10th. That means they predict we'll win 3 of our next 4 against West Coast, Melbourne (at home) and Richmond. They don't back us to beat Essendon at Marvel next weekend, but if they did then we'd most likely qualify for the finals. I know it seems like such a long shot right now but it would be interesting to see the mood change if we do end up winning our next two against West Coast and Essendon.

Interesting to see the "experts" / "reporters" on AFL.com.au have us finishing 10th. That means they predict we'll win 3 of our next 4 against West Coast, Melbourne (at home) and Richmond. They don't back us to beat Essendon at Marvel next weekend, but if they did then we'd most likely qualify for the finals. I know it seems like such a long shot right now but it would be interesting to see the mood change if we do end up winning our next two against West Coast and Essendon.

Yeah when I posted that I had us beating the lions in the Q clash at home. Now it’s highly unlikely we make finals, we would need to win out. Personally i can’t see us beating Essendon given our previous recent history against them at Marvel. If we did win out from here it would be an incredible effort, achievement and display of resilience from all involved. Something that’s never been done in our history - making finals and winning our last 4 games of a season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Post Your End of Season Ladder and Finals Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back