Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Capture.jpg

thoughts on this one?

bloody andy otten could cause issues

My new team spent alot on my rucks but i had alot of cash left over and i didnt know were else to use it.

Backline: Brendan Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Greg Broghton, Jack Grimes, Dyson Heppel, Nick Lower. Subs: Nick Duigan, Danny Stanley, Jake Batchelor

Midfield: Dane Swan, Jimmy Bartel, Andrew Swallow, Nathan Foley, David Swallow, Andrew Krakouer Subs: Daniel Harris, Rohan Bewick, Michael Hibberd.

Rucks: Aaron Sandilands, Dean Cox Subs: Zac Smith, Max Bailey

Fowards: Lance Franklin, Alan Didak, Adam Goodes, Nick Riewoldt, Ryan O'Keefe, Chris Knights, Cam Richardson. Subs: Luke Tapscott, Brandon Matera, Jack Darling

19,300 Left. Didnt know what to do with Otten so i just brought Stanley in less risk, more game time and cheaper whats every one else who had Otten doing? Not really keen on Didak but i cant really think of any better options, Thoughts and advice always welcome.

While it does give you till the deathknock (ie before Rd 5) to get someone in to play for Sandi/Cox, to get Petrie at that point costs you a trade. Cheapest trade is before lockout IMO.

Otherwise you're putting faith in Smith... who is yet to set foot on the paddock. God help you if he's eased back as a sub.

It does cost me a trade however we have an extra 4 this year and last year i had only used 17 going into the last round where i used another 2. So im struggling to see how im going to use all my 24 trades, IMO it is way too much.

But to the poster above, the players ill be looking to upgrade will be Darling/Tapscott. These players in fact miss the same bye as D.Cox who ill be covering first, so taking out one of these helps with my forward line depth with Petrie moving to the rucks and Lobbe coming to the forwards as he wont play. So it should mean i still have at least 9 to fill the 7 forward spots or 10 if you include DPP from the midfield, which IMO is plenty and the norm.

Otherwise it will be a GC rookie like Dixon who we want to trade out ASAP before round 9 anyway, so doing it before Round 5 isnt that bad an idea.

These players have 2 price increments before Petrie possibly starts playing. (Must admit GC only have one, so it will likely be Darling/Tapscott who ever i pick + my bank balance to make that trade possible. If this works it than means i cover Sandi and Cox nicely with Petrie for possibly just one trade. Than play him as a good 6th forward and see how he goes from there with the 7th forward either being Matera or Richardson.

The main reason im thinking like this is because i see Sandilands is a must have. IMO i think you start with him or dont pick him up at all. He avgs 107 over the first 7 rounds last year and he gets a nice rest time in round 6 so should be ready to fire before this and after it. I think he gives your potential overall scoring to your team a 15 point advantage over others. As most people seem like they are locking Cox in and someone else. That someone else seems at least 15 points off the pace to Sandilands if not more, unless its Ryder, which doesnt seem to be the case.

Fair few changes made.

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Bruce, Broughton, Grimes, Puopolo, Duigan, (Lower, Hibberd, Toy)
Mids: Pendles, Bartel, Murphy, Boak, Foley, Conca (Heppell, Prestia, Harris)
Rucks: Sandi, Cox, (Smith Z, Derickx)
Fwds: Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt N, Higgins, Fyfe, Krakeour, Richardson (Matera, Darling, Smith I)

Bank: $54,200

Perhaps looking at improving a 3rd ruck. Thoughts?

Goddard Gibbs Bruce Grimes Hurley (Otten) Heppell (Laidler, Coad, Lower)

Selwood Boyd Montagna Pendlebury Atley Prestia (Irons Harris Bewick)

Sandilands Fraser (Smith, Keefe)

Franklin Sylvia Goodes Johnson Riewoldt Krakouer Matera (Richardson Dixon Darling)

Havent finalised who's on the bench etc and will change Otens with craigs advice that he's the perfect sub...

I'll have a final play with it tomorrow night, but appreciate any thoughs/suggestions. 20k left
Might want to consider a 2nd ruck that will play Rd 1. Be sure to have a watchlist of rookies for last minute changes... some of those guys might not be named for Rd 1.

Is it just me or is there a shitload of value in the mids (as usual)? No need to have all of Monty, Boyd, Swan right from the start IMO.

My Centreline:

Swan, J. Selwood, A. Swallow, Foley, Vince, Harris

I do good?

Is it just me or is there a shitload of value in the mids (as usual)? No need to have all of Monty, Boyd, Swan right from the start IMO.

My Centreline:

Swan, J. Selwood, A. Swallow, Foley, Vince, Harris

I do good?

Lol nearly exactly the same as mine. Agreed though, Foley is heaps under priced, the bastard handballs too much but he should average at least 80.

Just changed my whole structure about one day before bounce down. Cant afford to leave Foley out it seems and this allows great backup in the rucks with Petrie. Couldnt risk copping 2 zeros for rounds 5 and 6 with Smith maybe not ready to play. Although im still not fully happy with the side.

Surely one of Gorringe or Smith will be playing in every game??

Help please, I've got two spots left for my bench (backline) and trying to decide between:- Heppell, Hibberd & Batchelor. Who is the weakest link?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts on this team

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Duigan
Emg: Stanley, Hibberd, Lower

Mids:
Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Boak, Foley, Swallow
Emg: Heppell, Harris, Atley

Rucks:
Ryder, Cox
Emg: J.Tippett, Z.Smith

Forwards:
Franklin, Sylvia, Goodes, Riewoldnt, Petrie, Krakouer, Prestia
Emg: Tapscott, Matera, Richardson

Thoughts on this team

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Adcock, Otten, Duigan
Emg: Stanley, Hibberd, Lower

Mids:
Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Boak, Foley, Swallow
Emg: Heppell, Harris, Atley

Rucks:
Ryder, Cox
Emg: J.Tippett, Z.Smith

Forwards:
Franklin, Sylvia, Goodes, Riewoldnt, Petrie, Krakouer, Prestia
Emg: Tapscott, Matera, Richardson
No mid/fwd in the midfield.

Thanks for the reply guys i know i might be taking a risk when it comes to having no mid/fwd in my mids i may have to change that.

As for Ryder i have thought about Ess having the bye on GF week and im still not sure what to do,

Thanks for the reply guys i know i might be taking a risk when it comes to having no mid/fwd in my mids i may have to change
was in a similar position, had prestia and krakouer in the forwards just select one in midfield instead.

finally think im happy with my team, apart from the obvious reliance on gold coast bench players:

DEF: Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, H Shaw, Adcock, Otten, Lower (Duigan, D Stanley, Toy)

MID: Goddard, Swan, M Murphy, J Selwood, Foley, Atley (Prestia, D Harris, Hibberd)

RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (Gorringe, Bailey)

FWD: Goodes, Franklin, N Riewoldt, S Johnson, Knights, Yarran, Krakouer (C Dixon, Matera, C Richardson)

Any issues that I may have missed?

was in a similar position, had prestia and krakouer in the forwards just select one in midfield instead.

finally think im happy with my team, apart from the obvious reliance on gold coast bench players:

DEF: Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, H Shaw, Adcock, Otten, Lower (Duigan, D Stanley, Toy)

MID: Goddard, Swan, M Murphy, J Selwood, Foley, Atley (Prestia, D Harris, Hibberd)

RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (Gorringe, Bailey)

FWD: Goodes, Franklin, N Riewoldt, S Johnson, Knights, Yarran, Krakouer (C Dixon, Matera, C Richardson)

Any issues that I may have missed?

Deledio.....I've got him as well but I'm still undecided. He's looked pretty ordinary in the pre season. There's a lot of love for Adcock but I'm not completely sold on him. To have him, Otten and Grimes in the backs is a risk....but could pay off. In saying that, I've picked two of those....

Any thoughts on the below (possible round 1 team)

Backs
Goddard, Gibbs, Bruce, Deledio/Broughton, Grimes, Otten, Lower......Toy, Batchelor, Duigan......

Mids
Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Boak, Conca, Hibberd....Swallow, Harris, Prestia

Rucks
Cox, Goldstein.......Smith, Moran

Forwards
Sylvia, Riewoldt, Rioli, McGlynn, Higgins, Krakouer, Darling......Richardson, Matera, Tapscott.....

Forward line could spell disaster taking previous injuries into consideration!!!

thoughts and advice needed

Def : Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton. Grimes, Toy , N lower
(Duigan, Hibberd, Cripps)

Mid : Swan, Bartel, Boak, Vince, Foley, D Swallow
(Heppel, d harris, Atley)

Rucks : Sandilands , Cox (Gorringe , Keeffe)

Fwd : Franklin, didak, N Riewoldt, a Krakouer, Higgins , Knights , Dprestia
(b matera, richardson, j darling)

haven't paid much attention too nab cups, really have no idea about backup rucks?

Deledio.....I've got him as well but I'm still undecided. He's looked pretty ordinary in the pre season. There's a lot of love for Adcock but I'm not completely sold on him. To have him, Otten and Grimes in the backs is a risk....but could pay off. In saying that, I've picked two of those....

im a big fan of Adcock for this year without a doubt. good preseason, is fit, and should get a lot of the ball in a weak Brisbane side

All thoughts welcome:

B: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton
Hurley, Drummond, Otten, D. Stanley
(Emerg: Duigan, Lower, Hibberd)

C: Swan, Boyd, Bartell
Gibbs, Harvey, Ward
(Emerg: D.Swallow, D.Harris, Bewick)

R: Mumford, Cox

F: S. Johnson, Riewoldt, Rioli
Higgins, Knights, Krakouer, Prestia
(Emerg: C. Richardson, Callinan, Darling)

Backs: Gilbert, Grimes, Carrazzo, Shaw, Hurley, Suban,Ottens
Centre:Goddard Montagna Selwood Pendlebury Zaharakis Hibberd
Ruck: McIntosh Fraser
Forward: Franklin Didak Harvey Goodes Riewoldt.J Gamble . Krakouer

Backs: Gilbert, Grimes, Carrazzo, Shaw, Hurley, Suban,Ottens
Centre:Goddard Montagna Selwood Pendlebury Zaharakis Hibberd
Ruck: McIntosh Fraser
Forward: Franklin Didak Harvey Goodes Riewoldt.J Gamble . Krakouer

Lots of uniques, dont know it will work for you. Too weak in the backline - carazzo, shaw wont give you consistent scores, suban weak, ottens now used as sub probably, gilbert looks to have changed role. Goddard wasted in the midfield, gibbs/deledio in the backs? Zaharakis is ok, but probably better players you could have. no Swan? must be your first pick! McIntosh injured, Fraser bye first round...is this a serious team?

My team. Just had to change Otten, dont have enough money to upgrade him to anyone so am going with 3 starting rookies on the field round 1 at this point. bit nervous about that, so unless there's better suggestions? would love to hear them!

Obviously round 1 i will sub the GC players off. Will play Krakouer in the midfield, Prestia on fwd bench:

130,700 in the bank

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Grimes, Toy, Lower, Coad (Duigan, Hibberd,
Pederson)

MID: Swan, Boyd, Selwood, M Murphy, D Swallow, Harris (Prestia, C Beams, Heppell)

RUCK: Sandilands, Cox (Fraser, Bailey)

FWD: Franklin, S Johnson, Goodes, N Riewoldt, Yarran, Matera, Krakouer (McKernan, Richardson, Darling)

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back