Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, J.Grimes, H.Shaw, Otten, Heppell, (Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)
C: Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Burgoyne, Foley, D.Swallow (Prestia, Harris, Hibberd)
R: Cox, Hale (Gorringe, Moran)
F: Franklin, Goodes, S.Johnson, N.Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie, A.Krakouer (Matera, Richardson, Smith)

I may have gotten a bit carried away with dual position players?:eek:

No preseason = Poorly starting JB

There seems to be a myth around that Browny hasn't had a pre season. He had an op right after the season finished, was back to training after xmas, which is the normal time frame anyway. Has been on his usual modified training program since then. He is always on a modified program otherwise he over trains and breaks down.

The only interuption he has had, is this knee infection he got which has kept him out of playing the NAB cup, he usually only plays 1 game anyway. He hasn't had any real match practise, but he is certainly fit.

I think you may be confused, i commented on your side and tippaz was talking to me lol

I dont think he was,

To be honest its one of the worst teams I have seen posted here tbh.

Back Lines:

Two Freo boys, drop one of them. Two GC's, drop one of them.

Midfield:

You are about to start the season with a doughnut. Two Collingwood and Two Gold Coasts again, really try and limit having two players on the field from the same team or you will be killed when they have a bye.

Rucks:

Same issue once again, no real coverage in case of a bye and if Tippet and Smith both play... Review this once again.

Forwards:
North and Gold Coast - once again.

Way way way too many Gold Coast players, should limit it to 5. Try to not have two players from the same team in the same field position.

Needs a fair bit of a work imo. Your Premiums and Mid Players are generally ok, just your Rookies and Midfield needs a bit of work.

I dont think he was,

To be honest its one of the worst teams I have seen posted here tbh.

Back Lines:

Two Freo boys, drop one of them. Two GC's, drop one of them.

Midfield:

You are about to start the season with a doughnut. Two Collingwood and Two Gold Coasts again, really try and limit having two players on the field from the same team or you will be killed when they have a bye.

Rucks:

Same issue once again, no real coverage in case of a bye and if Tippet and Smith both play... Review this once again.

Forwards:
North and Gold Coast - once again.

Way way way too many Gold Coast players, should limit it to 5. Try to not have two players from the same team in the same field position.

Needs a fair bit of a work imo. Your Premiums and Mid Players are generally ok, just your Rookies and Midfield needs a bit of work.

Is this a serious post or are you just deliberately trying to put him off the scent...?
I don't think I agree with anything you said in that post. His team is fine and it is more than manageable to have two players from the same team on the one line, I'd say 99% of poster's teams around here would. Two none DPP premiums on one line I'd personally tend to avoid, i.e. Swan + Pendles in the mids, but the decision still has merit if you are expecting Pendlebury to improve significantly (which a lot are).
There is certainly no reason not to select say Duffield and Lower or Stanley and Toy in the same backline just because they play for the same team.

No reason to limit GC players to 5 either, in fact I'd expect most sides will have more than 5. Two on each line, plus Smith in the rucks is easily manageable, especially because you get the benefit of being able to field a full team in the first of the GC's byes, that is this week. So you really only have to worry about the round 9 bye, and it shouldn't be that much of a hassle with DPPs and the fact you'll probably have upgraded one or two of them by that point.

The main change I'd make to that team if it was mine, would be to downgrade Z.Smith to McCauley and spend the extra dosh upgrading Higgins to a durable premium. Having the Petrie link with the ruck gives you more than enough security in the rucks to cut down on your 4th ruck choice.

Is this a serious post or are you just deliberately trying to put him off the scent...?

The scent of winning his league?

Depends what you are aiming for....

He is going to struggle in Round 9.

Okay guys. I think I have finally got my team sorted. I know its a pretty stressful time for all DTers but any help/last minute suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Lower, Duigan ........ Stanley, Toy, Hibberd

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Montagna, A Swallow, Foley, Bewick............ Heppell, D Swallow, Prestia

RUCKS: Sandilands, Cox .......... Smith, Bailey

FORWARDS: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, Yarran, Knights, Krakour, Richardson ......... Matera, McKernan, Darling

Thanks guys, all the best for the season

lolz it sorts them by price. I'm sure he is aware Gold Coast has the bye and will move Swallow and Harris out.

Thanks DB and yes your right, it sorts them by price therefore the GS players are in atm

Also smaller warrior i appreciate the feedback, but alot of teams ( not that im basing it on others) have the 2 pies + 2 GS combo.

There is also thing called trades. :p

I also have Matera and Prestia in my forwards with the sole intention of trading one of them out by round 9 for a returning Mzungu. There's nothing wrong with starting with 6-8 Gold Coast players, some people seem to be fixated on the starting team as if that's the team you'll have in round 24. :confused:

Backline: Goddard, Deledio, Enright, Broughton, Gilbee, Otten, Heppell
Subs: Faulks, Puopolo, Dulgan

Midfield: Swan, Bartel, Mitchell, Gibbs, Swallow, Harris
Subs: Atley, Wallis, Hibberd

Ruck: Cox, Jolly
Subs: Bailey, Campbell (Campbell will be traded out soon)

Forward: BUDDY, Sylvia, Gilbert, Higgins, Zaharaskis, Knights, Krakouer
Subs: Prestia, Richardson, Matera

My first ever year and i need an opinion on how my team is looking!!
cheers

HELP! :eek:

Which team is better....?
Team A:
clipboard01ae.jpg

Team B:
clipboard02lz.jpg

Thoughts much appreciated.

EDIT: Atley's meant to be on-field instead of Swallow on Team B

Okay guys. I think I have finally got my team sorted. I know its a pretty stressful time for all DTers but any help/last minute suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

BACKS: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Lower, Duigan ........ Stanley, Toy, Hibberd

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Montagna, A Swallow, Foley, Bewick............ Heppell, D Swallow, Prestia

RUCKS: Sandilands, Cox .......... Smith, Bailey

FORWARDS: Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, Yarran, Knights, Krakour, Richardson ......... Matera, McKernan, Darling

Thanks guys, all the best for the season

Hey mate, backs are solid, 2 rookies taking up 6 + 7 tho, but if your happy with that then thats good, cause they both seem like solid contributors (well for a fair few weeks anyway) your middle is strong with not many sides having swallow. I know he is a gun player but id rather spend the extra cash and get someone i feel comfortable with but it comes down to personal choice and thats what makes our sides different. Once again I like the inclusion of foley. rucks are strong but backup will be important for when they have their respective byes, so keep that in mind as i dont think smith has played a pre season game. forward line is strong, i have yarran and if the boy can get some consistent high scores early it will be very important as i dont think many sides have him. for the rest of the forwards, i like em. Overall good side mate, just look over your backup for rucks

Guys changed my side around a little.
Just wondering what you think of duffield, adcock, boak, pav and yarran

I have boak in my side ATM as it enables me to have sandilands, just wondering if it is worth it? And wondering on what some of you guys think of pav in their instead of a higgins or knights but with krakouer im wondering if that is a too bigger risk.

heres the side

side.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just wondering, are you guys sticking with Andy Ottten? After hearing that NC is really looking into him being their sub I'm not too sure what to do with him.

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, J.Grimes, H.Shaw, Otten, Heppell, (Toy, Duigan, Puopolo)
C: Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Burgoyne, Foley, D.Swallow (Prestia, Harris, Hibberd)
R: Cox, Hale (Gorringe, Moran)
F: Franklin, Goodes, S.Johnson, N.Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie, A.Krakouer (Matera, Richardson, Smith)

I may have gotten a bit carried away with dual position players?:eek:

Which team is better, the above or this one:

IN: LOWER (due to Otten being a likely sub), SANDILANDS (had extra cash), SILVIA (I've been tossing up between johnson and silvia for weeks), DARLING (more likely to play R1 than Smith)
OUT: OTTEN, COX, S.JOHNSON, I.SMITH

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, J.Grimes, H.Shaw, Heppell, Duigan (Toy, Lower, Puopolo)
C: Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Burgoyne, Foley, Krakouer (Swallow, Harris, Hibberd)
R: Sandilands, Hale (Gorringe, Moran)
F: Franklin, Silvia, Goodes, N.Riewoldt, Knights, Petrie, Richardson (Matera, Prestia, Darling)

I've got Lower, Hibberd and Darling as emergencies and Swan as captain.

Likely my final alterations before Rd 1, please comment.

Back - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Broughton, Heppell, Duigan, Lower (Toy, Puopolo, Batchelor (E))

Mids - Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Judd, Conca, Hibberd (Swallow, Harris, Atley (E))

Ruck - Sandilands, Cox (Petrie, Smith)

Fowards - Franklin, Sylvia, Riewoldt, Higgins, Knights, Krakour, Richardson (Prestia, Metera, Smith (E))

G'Day Guys,
Final Team (pending all make the final selection for their team)
Backs: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, A. Mackie, J. Grimes, H. Shaw, A. Otten, D. Heppell. (C. O'Shea, P. Puopolo, N. Duigan)
Midfielders: D. Swan, M.Boyd, B. Gibbs, A. Krakouer, D. Harris, M. Hibberd. (I. Smith, C.Beams, T. Liberatore)
Rucks: A. Sandillands, D. Cox. (J. Tippett, R. Campbell)
Forwards: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, C. Sylvia, A. Goodes, N. Riewoldt, C. Yarran, D. Petrie. (C. Richardson, J. Darling, Z. Skinner)

Any advice on Emergencies, last minute changes would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ethan93

im not as happy as i was going into last year any feedback and thoughts would be great

b: goddard deledio carazzo greenwood hurley adcock lower otten heppell stanley

mids: swan selwood gibbs sylvia kennedy foley conca harris bewick

ruck mumford vickory petrie campbell

f n riewoldt pavlich rioloi higgins knights gamble krakour matera richardson darling

G'Day Guys,
Final Team (pending all make the final selection for their team)
Backs: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, A. Mackie, J. Grimes, H. Shaw, A. Otten, D. Heppell. (C. O'Shea, P. Puopolo, N. Duigan)
Midfielders: D. Swan, M.Boyd, B. Gibbs, A. Krakouer, D. Harris, M. Hibberd. (I. Smith, C.Beams, T. Liberatore)
Rucks: A. Sandillands, D. Cox. (J. Tippett, R. Campbell)
Forwards: P. Chapman, L. Franklin, C. Sylvia, A. Goodes, N. Riewoldt, C. Yarran, D. Petrie. (C. Richardson, J. Darling, Z. Skinner)

Any advice on Emergencies, last minute changes would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Ethan93

Ditch Mackie and put Gibbs into the backs. And be very wary of Heath Shaw - possibly the most inconsistent player available. He might score 200 this week but will back it up with some stinkers, I think he had at least seven games last season <70.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back