Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

hey guys need some quick advice/opinions on my team!!!

Untitled-6.jpg

Puopolo isn't playing....or Hibberd

Here's my final team, bloody changed Curnow to Libba last night because Libba was starting on the ball and Curnow on the bench and thought he was a chance of being a sub FML.

B - Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Bruce, Broughton, Duigan, Lower (Stanley, Batchelor, Lester)

M - Swan, Montagna, Bartel, Higgins, Foley, Heppell (Harris, Bewick, Atley)

R - Sandilands, Cox (Spencer, Smith)

F - Reiwoldt, Goodes, Buddy, Boomers, Knights, Krakour, Richardson (Tapscott, Darling, Matera)

Thoughts? (apart from being f'ed the haw/fre/gee bye week :eek:)

Final Team - quite a few changes the last few weeks

B - Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Grimes, Heppell, Duigan, Lower (Otten, Coad, Stanley)

M - Swan, Boyd, Montagna, Gibbs, Conca, Krakouer (Swallow, Harris, Bewick)

R - Sandilands, Cox (Smith, Gorringe)

F - Franklin, Sylvia, Johnson, Riewoldt, Fyfe, Walters, Darling
(Prestia, Richardson, Matera)

Getting through a preseason IS evidence that he may have got over his injuries. Whether that happens or not is the risk you take in DT.

a ridiculously stupid post. kudos.

do you know what a non-sequitur is?

the preseason gives us NO comfort that he is over his injuries, or that he has season long durability.

why on gods earth would you even contemplate that it did?

You are taking the piss if you think Franklin is not consistent. In 13 of those 18 games he scored 96 or more, a low of 96 and a high of 130, 2 in the 80s and 3 below that. You couldn't possibly believe what you are typing. Anyone who averages 100 in a season as a forward has to be consistent, simple as that.

do you know what an average is?

I've got buddy, but this logic is beyond belief.

I will hazard a guess that Franklin probably has a higher std. deviation than most of the fwd premiums. Though most fwd's have higher std. deviations than the mids/backs anyway.

Whether or not you think this means you can pick Franklin up on the cheap when he back to backs a couple of low scores... could be a valid argument.

Brendon Goddard, Bryce Gibbs, Brett Deledio, Paul Duffield, Dyson Heppell, Danny Stanley, Shaun McKernan
Joshua Toy, Nick Duigan, Nick Lower

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Leigh Montagna, Scott Pendlebury, Jimmy Bartel, Dion Prestia
Daniel Harris, Rohan Bewick, Michael Hibberd

Dean Cox, Darren Jolly
Joel Tippett, Zac Smith

Lance Franklin, Adam Goodes, Steve Johnson, Nick Riewoldt, Drew Petrie, Andrew Krakouer, Brandon Matera
Cameron Richardson, Luke Tapscott, Jack Darling

I will hazard a guess that Franklin probably has a higher std. deviation than most of the fwd premiums. Though most fwd's have higher std. deviations than the mids/backs anyway.

Whether or not you think this means you can pick Franklin up on the cheap when he back to backs a couple of low scores... could be a valid argument.
Definitely an argument to let premiums like Swan, Franklin, etc. drop in value before trading them in. Obviously everyone's doing that with Ablett given the byes.

Franklin has burned me hard in the past (no homo). He better not do it to me again this year.

Backs : Goddard, Gibbs, Grimes, Deledio, Shaw, Otten, Lower - Stanley, Toy Duigan

Mids : Pendlebury, Bartel, Montagna, Boyd, Harris, Swallow - Libba, Atley, Hibberd

Ruck : Cox, Jolly - Smith, Curnow

Back: Franklin, Riewoldt, Goodes, Johnson S, Sylvia, Krak, Matera - Tapscott, Darling, Richardson

Goddard, Gibbs, Deledio, Suban, Lower, Heppell (Duigan, Otten, Cripps)

Swan, Pendlebury, Boyd, Watson, Bartel, Swallow, (Conca, Bewick, Libba)

Cox McEvoy (Smith, Bathie)

Franklin, Goodes, Riewoldt, Fyfe, Richardson, Yarran, (Tapscott,Prestia, Matera)

No trades Rd1..

First time at DT so go easy. I made this team on the Wednesday of round 1 week :thumbsu:

Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Broadbent, Lower (Duigan, Hibberd (should play Rd2), Toy)

A. Swallow, Montagna, Krakouer, Boyd, Houli, Hennebery (Liberatore, Irons, Bewick)

Cox, Sandi (Derickx, Bathie)

Jetta, Sylvia, Pavlich, Goodes, Franklin, Knights, Tapscott (Matera, Darling, Richardson)

In bold are the choices i'm not happy with. Broadbent will get a down grade come rd3 I know that much :D

First time at DT so go easy. I made this team on the Wednesday of round 1 week :thumbsu:

Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Otten, Broadbent, Lower (Duigan, Hibberd (should play Rd2), Toy)

A. Swallow, Montagna, Krakouer, Boyd, Houli, Hennebery (Liberatore, Irons, Bewick)

Cox, Sandi (Derickx, Bathie)

Jetta, Sylvia, Pavlich, Goodes, Franklin, Knights, Tapscott (Matera, Darling, Richardson)

In bold are the choices i'm not happy with. Broadbent will get a down grade come rd3 I know that much :D

That's actually pretty nice. Biggest omission likely to hold you back will be no Harris. I wouldn't move on any of the guys in your team this week. Give them a chance. Especially Hannebury. He is pretty skilled, was just taken out of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why dump Broadbent come R3? He achieved his average in R1. He has good job security. He plays till R12 barring injury. If he holds his average he gives you 60 points every week in your backs. He is not in many teams. He allows you to accumulate cash from your rookies and then upgrade him. I obviously have him in my team and for a reason. Second bye in R13 for Collingwood and same for Saints in R14. At present Broadbent is far from my mind at a R3 trade! I will take an average of 60 from him for the first 12 rounds happily. Dream Team this year will depend on R4 to R14. Three team byes in R4 to R6 and then major premiums missing in R7 and R8 with Collingwood and Carlton not playing. R9 the GCS have their 2nd bye then after R13 and R14 Collingwood and Saints play all the way home.

This will be my team going into rnd 2.
1st real crack at DT, Played Supercoach a bit though. Scored 2170 rnd 1 and ranked 1745th so pretty happy!:thumbsu:

Backs : B.Gibbs, C.Enright, R.Tarrant, J.Grimes, N.Lower, B.Goddard, B.Delidio.
(N.Duigan, J.Batchelor, J.Toy)

Mids : D.Swan, M.Murphy, C.Ward, S.Burgoyne, J.Selwood, D.Harris.
(J.Irons, I.Smith, M.Hibberd)

Rucks : A.Sandilands, D.Cox
(L.Keefe, J.Tippet)

Forwards : A.Krakouer, N.Riewoldt, A.Goodes, L.Franklin, J.Darling, B.Harvey, D.Petrie.
(B.Matera, C.Richardson, C.Knights)

Will have selection dilemmas for the round. If Selwood doesn't get named, i can play Irons or move Goddard to mids and play either Toy or Duigan, Or move Goodes to the mids and play Matera or Richardson.
Also don't know whether to play Matera, Richardson or Darling. ARGH!!!

Suppose it's better to be spoilt for choice than struggling to fill spots;)

So did i just have a lucky round or am i travelling well?

This will be my team going into rnd 2.
1st real crack at DT, Played Supercoach a bit though. Scored 2170 rnd 1 and ranked 1745th so pretty happy!:thumbsu:

Backs : B.Gibbs, C.Enright, R.Tarrant, J.Grimes, N.Lower, B.Goddard, B.Delidio.
(N.Duigan, J.Batchelor, J.Toy)

Mids : D.Swan, M.Murphy, C.Ward, S.Burgoyne, J.Selwood, D.Harris.
(J.Irons, I.Smith, M.Hibberd)

Rucks : A.Sandilands, D.Cox
(L.Keefe, J.Tippet)

Forwards : A.Krakouer, N.Riewoldt, A.Goodes, L.Franklin, J.Darling, B.Harvey, D.Petrie.
(B.Matera, C.Richardson, C.Knights)

Will have selection dilemmas for the round. If Selwood doesn't get named, i can play Irons or move Goddard to mids and play either Toy or Duigan, Or move Goodes to the mids and play Matera or Richardson.
Also don't know whether to play Matera, Richardson or Darling. ARGH!!!

Suppose it's better to be spoilt for choice than struggling to fill spots;)

So did i just have a lucky round or am i travelling well?

Good team. You're most interesting structure will be Ward and Burgoyne and how they go against the more A-typical Bartel/Montagna/Boyd types. Otherwise great side. If Ward/Burgoyne continue to score well then you will continue to rise up the rankings. You also need to hope Hibberd comes into Essendon's side soon...

Backs: Gibbs, Goddard, Deledio, Grimes, Duffield, Lower, Stanley (Duigan, Hibberd, Otten)

Midfielders: Swan, Boyd, Murphy, Montagna, Heppell, Harris (Irons, Libba, Prestia)

Rucks: Cox, Jolly (Smith, McCauley)

Forwards: Riewoldt, S Johnson, Franklin, Goodes, Higgins, Krakour, Tapscott (Matera, Richardson, Darling)

Backs: B.Gibbs, J.Grimes, N.Lower, B.Goddard, D.Heppell, B.Deledio, P.Duffield (A.Otten, N.Duigan, J.Toy)

Mids: D.Swan, M.Murphy, L.Montagna, M.Boyd, D.Swallow, D.Harris (R.Bewick, D.Prestia, M.Hibberd)

Rucks: D.Cox, A.Sandilands (T.Derickx, Z.Smith)

Forwards: A.Krakouer, L.Tapscott, N.Riewoldt, S.Johnson, S.Higgins, L.Franklin, C.Richardson (C.Knights, J.Darling, B.Matera)

Any thoughts on my team for this week? Would you make any changes to the starting line-up/emergencies? I haven't traded at all this week and probably won't for another week or two (barring injuries/suspensions).

Adcock. No

adcock is a terrible pick. minimal chance of being a keeper, massive durability problem uncertain scoring output. you won't see any of the best performers going for a mid pricer like that - he ain't that cheap either, for not enough upside.

he has had had poor scoring seasons in the past also, and there is NO evidence he is over all his injuries.

Getting through a preseason IS evidence that he may have got over his injuries. Whether that happens or not is the risk you take in DT.

I'm assuming you said exactly the same thing about Beau Waters last year? Or even Nick Malceski who played all 22 games? Yeah he is injured now, but what a pick up he was last year. If you had either of these guys in your team last year you are a hypocrite.

As you say, "NO evidence" is something you would associate with a Josh Drummond type who has actually gone down. Crossing off Adcock with no consideration is just plain ignorance and misleading to others who might not know his latest situation. Fair enough give an opinion by giving people ideas, but don't write off players for people unless of course they are injured or struggling.

It would not surprise me at all to see Jed Adcock in a few Top 100 ranked teams this year.

a ridiculously stupid post. kudos.

do you know what a non-sequitur is?

the preseason gives us NO comfort that he is over his injuries, or that he has season long durability.

why on gods earth would you even contemplate that it did?

Crow-mo = massive fail. I feel sorry for the teams who traded out Jed Adcock due to this guy.

Just proves you should always back yourself with your own ideas in DT. At least Adcock is now even more unique.:thumbsu:

Crow-mo = massive fail. I feel sorry for the teams who traded out Jed Adcock due to this guy.

Just proves you should always back yourself with your own ideas in DT. At least Adcock is now even more unique.:thumbsu:

I do agree that being overly opinionated can come back to bite you in the bum, but Crow-mo's issue over Adcock's durability is still relevant, it's just that Adcock is scoring high enough to basically be 1 or 2 weeks away from a straight swap to any keeper defender anyway even if he does go down with an injury while outscoring 99% of them. So he's proving to be a great pick if you took the risk.

I think if people didn't consider Adcock's durability issues when picking him, then they were being naive. However, it is quite easy to justify picking him based on his very low initial price and high potential scoring. What has totally slam dunked this one for the guys that picked him (I don't have Adcock in my team :(... messed with it but ended up upgrading him to Broughton [who i've since traded out this week... I'm the big fail on this one]) is that he's also getting rotated onto the ball like what we saw tonight in Q3 which can only mean that his ceiling has increased. So the people with him are laughing all the way to their DT scoreboard AND the bank.

IMO i never thought Adcock was really a good option to start with anyway, 4 rounds doesnt prove otherwise.

Adcock has durability issues, one full preseason does not mean he is going to automatically play 20 games. If Adcock falls over in the next 5 weeks the trade would be a bad trade, especially if its after his price drop. It wouldve meant possibly 3 trades to get very little money and get a premium.

He plays for a bottom 4 side, they are yet to win a game. But it could also be argued that he is avg extremely well in a losing side, but is this a small sample size and will it continue.

The money you get from Broughton to Adcock IMO wasnt worth it. Sure with his scoring he may rise in price over the next 2 weeks but im guessing your picking him as a keeper/hopeful premium. So price doesnt really matter that much unless you trade him out which means it cost you more than one trade to get a premium.

Im looking at cheaper, job safe, durable players who have also scored extremely well in there last game. Im still very undecided if i should get rid of Broughton or not, im leaning one way. It makes me heaps of money and also allows for me to do what i want for round 6.

I unfortunatly have Broughton, Lower and Coad who before injuries are all certain not to play round 6, that means im relying on every other back to play that given week. Instead of making 15k for an iffy keeper who may not avg enough to win the overall prize without requiring another upgrade id much prefer to go for a cheaper option.

My team which is f'n struggling and annoying the shit out of me. Thoughts?

B - Goddard, Gibbs, Lids, Broughton, Rawlings, Duigan, Lower (Batchelor, Stanley, Lester)

M - Swan, Bartel, Montagna, Curnow, Liberatore, Heppell (Harris, Bewick, Krak)

R - Sandi, Cox (Smith, Spencer)

F - Buddy, Reiwoldt, Goodes, Boomer, Higgins, Knights, Tapscott (Darling, Richardson, Matera)

Trades
R3 - Out: Atley, Foley, In: Curnow, Liberatore
R4 - Out: Bruce, In: Rawlings

Ranked 17,000 :(
$104,000 in the bank

I think my next move should be B7 to Grimes. His durability was the reason I didn't grab him initially but has looked ok this year. Any other suggestions?

The thing about this year is that there are only a hand full of obvious premiums in the backline. This means that you have to think outside the square and take some risks. With this fact in mind, I'm absolutely stunned that there are so many people who have completely crossed Adcock off as an option. Especially after the success of Waters and Malceski last year. It's no wonder that a majority of people on Bigfooty have the same teams.

Obviously, Adcock has durability issues. But I don't think he is any more riskier than players like Cox, Higgins or Andy Otten. Law of averages says every team will have to deal with injuries. No player is immune to it.

It's probabaly too late to trade Adcock in at this point in time. But people who continue to say that he was a poor choice at the start of the season are in complete denial. In a couple of weeks time, you'll be able to trade him up to any back you want. While he is fit, he'll continue to produce consistent scores (as he always has when fit) and keep his price at the high end of the backs price list. So now, if he does get injured, there is minimal impact.

I will look forward to more people trying to justify their Adcock ignorance though. :D

Just on Adcock, at the start of the year he was a good pick but now not so much. I chose Higgins as my undurable (is that a word) mid pricer for the year which has been good so far but loading up with all these types of players is a sure fire way of failure. Add Grimes, Murphy to this list who have performed beyond their initial price range and you're destined for misery at some stage. I guess it's a matter of risk management, if all 4 fire and play 20+ games each well done but history suggests this won't be the case.

EDIT: Include Otten and Knights to that list and that's 6.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post your team here - 2011 (Part III)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back