Not open for further replies.
Anybody willing to comment on my team.

Goddard, C. Cornes, Gilbee, Myers, Houla, Petterd & Malceski
Bench- S Hill, Rance

Judd, Bartel, Pendles, Haselby, masten, Swallow
Bench- Rich, Ziebell

Cox & Leunberger
Bench- Goldstein, Currie

Harvey, Deledio, Giansiracusa, Robert Murphy, Higgins, Skipworth/Veszpremi & Gumby
Bench- Reid, Grant

Like this one, only comments would be:

R Murphy - so so and would consider Lucas in his place> I still reckon Kerr over Pendlebury, but I know I have my detractors. Prefer Kreuzer. Cloke is really a spud and Warnock a long way away... Kreuzer will play everty game if he's fit. Leuenberger will not necessarily do the same. Kreuzer is a ruck rover too

hey guys, would really appreciate any comments about my team,

backs-goddard, s.fisher, c.cornes, houli, houlihan, raines, hill (petrenko, dawson)

mids-ablett, bartel, judd, kerr, ward, rich (davenport, swift)

rucks-cox, mcintosh (seller, currie)

forwards-deledio, j. brown, richo, stevie j, lucas, higgins, ziebell (gumbleton, ballantyne)

thanks again guys

If you're there Mick 15 I've made the changes.

Fev to Lucas
Myers to Drummond.
S Fisher to Mattner.

Any better?
Fev to Lucas is the gamble.

hmmm thats tough basicly

Fev, Myers, Fisher vs Lucas, Drummond, Mattner

I like what you had...its tough your set up is a lot different to my own, its hard to make subjective suggestions.

on second look at your team. Your 'iffy' player are all reletivly safe in the fact that there in there respective teams best 22 and price should rise.

From what iv counted you have
11 certain keepers: Fisher, Goddard, Chad, Bartel, Judd, Pendels, Cox, Harvey, Lids, Gia, Fev

Leaving you 11 to possibly upgrade during the season.. often this takes two trades(cash cow out & gun in) meaning you'll be two trades short and no room for injury.

What you need to happen with your current line up is a couple of your mid rangers to turn into keepers or rise enough to upgrade with one trade.

Otherwise your going to have to cut some cash and get a couple of more keepers.
The best way to do this is bite the bullet and start some rookies, ie; hill, gumby, rich, ziebell or downgrade bartel, harvey to cheeper but still keepers

Hope that makes sense and is some help.:eek:

I'm pretty happy with this, what do you reckon?

Backs: Enright, Gram, Lockyer, Adcock, Malceski, Houlihan, Raines, Suban, Rance

Mid: Selwood, Gibbs, Cousins, Haselby, Higgins, Rich, Ziebell, Robinson

Ruck: Cox, Ottens, White, Tippett

Fwd: Deledio, Richo, Didak, Stevie J, Staker, Lucas, Headland, Henderson, Ballantyne

As it currently stands:

Backs: Goddard, Gilbee, H. Shaw, Cornes, Malceski, Houlihan, Hill (Petrenko, Trengove)

Midfield: Judd, Bartel, Dal Santo, Gibbs, Kerr, Rich (Dangerfield, Robinson)

Rucks: Ottens, McIntosh (J. White, Currie)

Forwards: Pavlich, Deledio, J. Brown, Lucas, Higgins, Veszpremi, Sidebottom (Gumbleton, Grant)

$47,800 in the kitty

I'm pretty happy with this, what do you reckon?

Backs: Enright, Gram, Lockyer, Adcock, Malceski, Houlihan, Raines, Suban, Rance

Mid: Selwood, Gibbs, Cousins, Haselby, Higgins, Rich, Ziebell, Robinson

Ruck: Cox, Ottens, White, Tippett

Fwd: Deledio, Richo, Didak, Stevie J, Staker, Lucas, Headland, Henderson, Ballantyne

Enright is unlikely to reproduce his 2008. Get Gilbee instead. Gram, Lockyer and and Adcock id rather turn into a gun + rookie. Malceski, Houhlihan and Raines are good cash cows, and may end up keepers.

Midfield needs guns. Your talent is spread thin.

Get D Currie over Tippet. Cheaper and will do the same thing - don't expect cash cows in benched rucks. Might as well buy the cheapest player who may get regular games.

Again, need one more gun in the forward line. Richo is a risk, Didak and Stevie J not really suited to SC. Headland doesn't have much upside either.

hey guys, would really appreciate any comments about my team,

backs-goddard, s.fisher, c.cornes, houli, houlihan, raines, hill (petrenko, dawson)

mids-ablett, bartel, judd, kerr, ward, rich (davenport, swift)

rucks-cox, mcintosh (seller, currie)

forwards-deledio, j. brown, richo, stevie j, lucas, higgins, ziebell (gumbleton, ballantyne)

thanks again guys

Backline looks good.

Is Ablett really worth the price? ATM Judd and Bartel are prime captain choices. Downgrade Gablett to a 550k or so player, then upgrade Kerr to a similar 550k player. You'll have extra cash as well. You could always upgrade to Gablett later on as well. He needs to get a 130 average to keep his current price.

Comments :D
Backs Gilbee Cornes Mackie Adcock Malcheski Houlihan S.Hill
Mids Cooney Burgoyne Thompson Selwood Van Berlo Rich
Ruck Cox Ottens
Fwds Deledio Murphy S.Johnson Fevola Lucus Higgins Ziebell

Mackie has little upside. Rest of backline looks good.

Can Coons replicate 2008?

Stevie again is not really a SC player. Fevola is a SC nightmare - stay away!

Ok my fisrt ruckman is COX

Second??
-McIntosh
-Charman
-Ottens
-Maric
-Bradley

Bench??
-White
-Trengrove
-Meesen

Please just wonderin who people think i would love to have a vote/poll. if any other thoughts please let me know

Can anyone see any reason why it would be a bad idea to have Ablett, Bartell and Selwood in my midfield.

Even if one gets tagged they will still score 80+ while the other 2 dominates.

That's the way I am leading towards at the moment.

Bartell is undervalued. Selwood should improve. Ablett is Ablett.

Enright is unlikely to reproduce his 2008. Get Gilbee instead. Gram, Lockyer and and Adcock id rather turn into a gun + rookie. Malceski, Houhlihan and Raines are good cash cows, and may end up keepers.

Midfield needs guns. Your talent is spread thin.

Get D Currie over Tippet. Cheaper and will do the same thing - don't expect cash cows in benched rucks. Might as well buy the cheapest player who may get regular games.

Again, need one more gun in the forward line. Richo is a risk, Didak and Stevie J not really suited to SC. Headland doesn't have much upside either.

Backline looks good.

Is Ablett really worth the price? ATM Judd and Bartel are prime captain choices. Downgrade Gablett to a 550k or so player, then upgrade Kerr to a similar 550k player. You'll have extra cash as well. You could always upgrade to Gablett later on as well. He needs to get a 130 average to keep his current price.

Mackie has little upside. Rest of backline looks good.

Can Coons replicate 2008?

Stevie again is not really a SC player. Fevola is a SC nightmare - stay away!
I had both Didak and Stevie J last year.

Didak was always getting me 80's and Stevie J was pulling out some 130's while usually putting in the 80-90 every week..

Backed it up in the Grand Final having 35+ possies??

Alright, here's my team at the moment:

BACKS - Goddard, Cornes, Lockyer, Scott Stevens, Malceski, Houlihan, Raines (S Hill, Rance on the bench)

MIDS - Dalziell, Kerr, Foley, Hazleby, Travis Tuck, D Rich (Ziebell, M Robinson)

RUCKS - Cox, Hill (Trengrove, Meeson)

FORWARDS - Deledio, Petrie, Didak, Fevola, Lucas, Higgins, Skipworth (Sidebottom, Gumbleton)

How does that look?? Thinking my mids might be a bit weak. Any suggestions??

Cheers!

Alright, here's my team at the moment:

BACKS - Goddard, Cornes, Lockyer, Scott Stevens, Malceski, Houlihan, Raines (S Hill, Rance on the bench)

MIDS - Dalziell, Kerr, Foley, Hazleby, Travis Tuck, D Rich (Ziebell, M Robinson)

RUCKS - Cox, Hill (Trengrove, Meeson)

FORWARDS - Deledio, Petrie, Didak, Fevola, Lucas, Higgins, Skipworth (Sidebottom, Gumbleton)

How does that look?? Thinking my mids might be a bit weak. Any suggestions??

Cheers!

Great team mate. I always saw Petrie in the forward line as a massive waste as he is ruck eligible. But you do have two magnificent rucks in Cox and Hille. I would boot Hille and replace with Petrie. Then use that money to buy a forward at around the 500k mark.

Your mids are high risk........Dalziell is great but is he overpriced.....especially when the regular midfielders like Black return. You don't have an A class player there. Would be great to fit in Ablett, Bartell, Judd etch if you can. Might mean downgrading one of your backs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Okay after alot of swapping and changing this is what ive come up with.

Backs - Goddard, Fisher, Newman, Gilbee, Malceski, Houlihan, S. Hill (Suban, Rance)

Midfield - Ablett, Hodge, Judd, Bartel, Rich, Dangerfield (E. Wood, Beams)

Rucks - Hille, Wood (A Cordy, Sellar)

Forwards - Pavlich, Deledio, Fevola, Lucas, J Rieiwoldt, Higgins, Ziebell (J. Grant, Gumbelton)

With 22,000 left over.
Opinions??

Backs: S Fisher, L Gilbee, C Cornes, J Adock, N Malceski, R Houlihan, S Hill
(EMG: A Rance, N Suban)

Center: G Ablett, C Judd, S Pendlebury, R Griffen, P Hasleby, DRich
(EMG: M Robinson, D Beams)

Rucks: J Fraser, H McIntosh
(EMG: J White, D Currie)

Forwards: M Pavlich, B Deledio, J Brown, J Roughead, S Lucas, S Higgins, J Ziebell
(EMG: H Ballantyne, S Gumbleton)

$25,000 in the bank.

What do you think, am I heading down the right track. If anyone offers me advice could you spare a thought for the emergencies, I think I have picked well with them but am not to sure. Thanks. :)

Ok, here goes....so far anyway!

Backs - Hodge, Goddard, Gilbee, Houlihan, Petterd, Rance, Suban (Donnelly, Thoolan)

Midfielders - Ablett, Judd, Deledio, Gibbs, Kerr, Cousins (Rich, Beams)

Rucks - Cox, Leuenberger (Vickery, Cordy)

Forwards - Pavlich, Franklin, J.Brown, Thomas, Yarran, Watts, Ziebell (Gumbleton, Dick)

With $43,100 left over. Any thoughts good or bad most welcome! :)

Backs - Goddard, Fisher, Newman, Gilbee, Malceski, Houlihan, S. Hill (Suban, Rance)

Forwards - Pavlich, Deledio, Fevola, Lucas, J Rieiwoldt, Higgins, Ziebell (J. Grant, Gumbelton)

With 22,000 left over.
Opinions??

Way too many guns, needs some downgrading

With 22,000 left over.
Opinions??

I'd say too much spent on your backs and first 4 mids. to start with, look at changing one of your 500k back to cornes at least. and with your midfield, those first 4 are everyone's dream but very unrealistic. plus you still leave yourself with 2 rookies starting on the ground.
rucks also weak with wood, fwds not bad but could do with using the money from getting a cheaper premium mid and upgrading fevola to a more consistent fwd.

Ok, here goes....so far anyway!

Backs - Hodge, Goddard, Gilbee, Houlihan, Petterd, Rance, Suban (Donnelly, Thoolan)

Midfielders - Ablett, Judd, Deledio, Gibbs, Kerr, Cousins (Rich, Beams)

Rucks - Cox, Leuenberger (Vickery, Cordy)

Forwards - Pavlich, Franklin, J.Brown, Thomas, Yarran, Watts, Ziebell (Gumbleton, Dick)

With $43,100 left over. Any thoughts good or bad most welcome! :)

way too much spent on your mids has left you with too many rookies starting on the ground in your backs and fwds. 465k mid as your cheapest seriously unbalances your whole team. look for some cheaper options so you can upgrade guys like watts/yarran to Higgins or lucas, as well as work on your backline

way too much spent on your mids has left you with too many rookies starting on the ground in your backs and fwds. 465k mid as your cheapest seriously unbalances your whole team. look for some cheaper options so you can upgrade guys like watts/yarran to Higgins or lucas, as well as work on your backline

Point definetly taken. I already pretty much knew my backs were rather thin (too many starting rookies.....), just that my thinking has been to have a cracking midfield somehow, despite the obvious costs. I figure the bulk of the points accumulation will come from there and have noticed some ppl skimping in the middle in order to have a decent number of guns down back and up forward, I want to avoid that.....backs and forwards are far more inconsistent than mids, IMO anyway.....

I've made some changes already to balance a little more -

Backs - Goddard, Gilbee, P.Burgoyne, Houlihan, Raines, Petterd, Grimes (Rance, Suban)

Midfielders - Ablett, Judd, Gibbs, Kerr, Cousins, Rich (Beams, Sidebottom)

Rucks - Cox, Leuenberger, Vickery, Cordy

Forwards - Pavlich, Franklin, Deledio, J Brown, Veszpremi, Ziebell, Yarran (Gumbleton, Dick)

I'm reasonably happy with that.....also have now $74,800 left over.

Point definetly taken. I already pretty much knew my backs were rather thin (too many starting rookies.....), just that my thinking has been to have a cracking midfield somehow, despite the obvious costs. I figure the bulk of the points accumulation will come from there and have noticed some ppl skimping in the middle in order to have a decent number of guns down back and up forward, I want to avoid that.....backs and forwards are far more inconsistent than mids, IMO anyway.....

I've made some changes already to balance a little more -

Backs - Goddard, Gilbee, P.Burgoyne, Houlihan, Raines, Petterd, Grimes (Rance, Suban)

Midfielders - Ablett, Judd, Gibbs, Kerr, Cousins, Rich (Beams, Sidebottom)

Rucks - Cox, Leuenberger, Vickery, Cordy

Forwards - Pavlich, Franklin, Deledio, J Brown, Veszpremi, Ziebell, Yarran (Gumbleton, Dick)

I'm reasonably happy with that.....also have now $74,800 left over.

If i was you i'd downgrade Ablett to Bartel, turn your current Sidebottom into Mitch Robinson and then turn Yarran down to Sidebottom. That means you could turn Leuenberger into Ottens. Well that's what i'd do anyway.

Cousins isn't good value. P Burgoyne is iffy as well.

Changed team over the past week to the following:

Backs: Fisher - Gilbee - Cornes - Malceski - Nicoski - Houlihan - Raines (Hill - Rance)

Midfield: Judd - Corey - Swan - Kerr - Swallow - Rich (Dangerfield - Davenport)

Rucks: Cox - McIntosh (Vickery - Pike)

Forwards: Pavlich - Deledio - Brennan - S. Johnson - Riewoldt - Higgins - Ziebell (Walker - Gumbleton)

$1,000 left in the bank.

Please comment/recommend/suggest :thumbsu:

If i was you i'd downgrade Ablett to Bartel, turn your current Sidebottom into Mitch Robinson and then turn Yarran down to Sidebottom. That means you could turn Leuenberger into Ottens. Well that's what i'd do anyway.

Cousins isn't good value. P Burgoyne is iffy as well.

well I have been throwing up P Burgoyne/C.Cornes for down back and Higgins/Veszpremi for up forward, having trouble deciding especially with that last combo!

Ottens would be good but I'm counting on Leuenberger to have a breakout year and I really believe Cousins is going to prove alot of people wrong this year.......hence I think his price will end up being a bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back