Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors
Continued from Part 1: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907193

TEAM NAME: Big V Superstars
DEF: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Birchall, Hargrave, Ellis, Darley (Bugg, Morris)
MID: Pendles, Boyd, Ablett, Rockliff, Wingard, Smith (Neale, Magner)
RUC: McEvoy, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)
FWD: Franklin, Fyfe, Goodes, Martin, Sidebottom, Pfeiffer, Saad (Cameron, Couch)
CASH LEFT: $28, 000

Thoughts on having 14 keepers and my overall team?

Re: Post Your Team Part 2

Continued from Part 1: http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=907193

TEAM NAME: Big V Superstars
DEF: Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Birchall, Hargrave, Ellis, Darley (Bugg, Morris)
MID: Pendles, Boyd, Ablett, Rockliff, Wingard, Smith (Neale, Magner)
RUC: McEvoy, Giles (Redden, Stephensen)
FWD: Franklin, Fyfe, Goodes, Martin, Sidebottom, Pfeiffer, Saad (Cameron, Couch)
CASH LEFT: $28, 000

Thoughts on having 14 keepers and my overall team?

Looks pretty standard, can't see anything wrong with it.

Why is there so much love for Pfeiffer this year? So many teams have him...he was a very ordinary player at Adelaide & at Carlton. I realise Port don't have a strong team ATM, but plodders like Pfeiffer aren't going to make them any better. For this reason I question his JS past the first few rounds.

PS yes he looked ok in the NAB last week, but he was playing against rookies..

Def - Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Birchall, Heppell, Hargrave, Morris(Bugg, L.Brown)

Mid - Swan, Boyd, Ablett, Selwood, Lucas, Clifton(McDonald, Magner)

Rucks - Sandilands, Giles(Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards - Franklin, Robinson, Zaharakis, Martin, Zorko, Hampton, Smith(Treloar, Hall)

Hi Im new to this, my team is as follows.

Defenders: Goddard (STK) Deledio (Rich) Ellis (Hawks)
Grimes (Melb) Buntine (GWS) Clarke (Coolingwood)
Frost (GWS) SPurr (Freo) Morris (Richmond)

Mids: Abblet (Geol) Swan (Colling) Mitchell (Hawks) Gibbs (Carlton)
Reid (GWS) K Stevens (Eagles) Shiel (GWS) Macdonald (GWS)

Forwards: Franklin(Hawks) Goodes (Swans) Martin (Rich) Sidebottom (Collingwood)
Ballaytyne (Freo) McPhee (Freo) Zorko (Bris) Treleor (GWS) Kerridge (Adelaide)

Ruck: Sandilands (Freo) Kreuuzer (carlton) Stevenson (Geloong) Giles (GWS)

Def - Goddard, Shaw, Deledio, Birchall, Heppell, Hargrave, Morris(Bugg, L.Brown)

Mid - Swan, Boyd, Ablett, Selwood, Lucas, Clifton(McDonald, Magner)

Rucks - Sandilands, Giles(Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards - Franklin, Robinson, Zaharakis, Martin, Zorko, Hampton, Smith(Treloar, Hall)

I really like your midfield! I'm presuming that is Joel Selwood.
As a consequence of your strong mid and backs, you've had to skimp a little on the rucks and forwards, which i think is a good idea this year.
Once question for you...do you think Robinson and Zaharakis will end up being in the top 7 forwards by year's end??

Mine is very similar to yours, would be interested to see what everyone thinks.

BACKS:
Scotland, Goddard, H. Shaw, Deledio, Birchall, Hargrave, Ellis
(Bugg, Darley)

MIDS:
Pendlebury, Boyd, Ablett, J. Selwood, McDonald, Magner
(Shiel, Gibson)

RUCKS:
Sandilands, Giles (Stevenson, Redden)

FORWARDS:
Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, D. Smith, Pfieffer, Treloar
(J. Cameron, A. Hall)

Thoughts? weaknesses?

Ok. PLEASE give some thoughts on this team because i posted a while back and got no response.

DEFENCE: Goddard, Shaw, Birchall, Hargrave, Maguire, Ellis, Bugg
(Golds, L.Brown)

MIDS: Pendlebury, Mitchell, Selwood, Sloane, Hayes, Neale
(Gibson, Magner)

RUCK: McEvoy, Redden
(Giles, Stephenson)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Beams, Fyfe, Martin, A.Walker, Christensen, Smith
(Weedon, Kerridge)

29,000 in reserve.

Ok. PLEASE give some thoughts on this team because i posted a while back and got no response.

DEFENCE: Goddard, Shaw, Birchall, Hargrave, Maguire, Ellis, Bugg
(Golds, L.Brown)

MIDS: Pendlebury, Mitchell, Selwood, Sloane, Hayes, Neale
(Gibson, Magner)

RUCK: McEvoy, Redden
(Giles, Stephenson)

FORWARDS: Franklin, Beams, Fyfe, Martin, A.Walker, Christensen, Smith
(Weedon, Kerridge)

29,000 in reserve.

It's a very well thought out team. I really like it other than the players I bolded.

Maguire: You'd be better off with a rookie if you're looking for a 60-70 average. Will save a bit of coin as well.

Beams: Overpriced ATM would make a better upgrade target. Chappy a better option for the same price IMHO

Walker: Unless he spends more time in the midfield this year (which I doubt as he is needed up forward) he won't average more than 75. Not worth 350k, when the right rookie priced player can average the same. Walker is more suited to SC.

Why is there so much love for Pfeiffer this year? So many teams have him...he was a very ordinary player at Adelaide & at Carlton. I realise Port don't have a strong team ATM, but plodders like Pfeiffer aren't going to make them any better. For this reason I question his JS past the first few rounds.

PS yes he looked ok in the NAB last week, but he was playing against rookies..

Plodder? why was he pick 17?

Wont add to the team or make them better? why did they bother picking him up than, depth is important to every side especially with the increase rates in resting.

Hes DPP, plays for port. At Carlton he was always considered extremely talented unfortunately his body just wouldn't hold up. Adelaide could see his talent and were hoping he could get fit and his body right so they as a professional club saw it worthy to give him another go as have port. To have done what he has done and still be picked on the list of 3 afl clubs means people can clearly see he has some decent ability.

The forward rookies are also easily the weakest. Hes not in my side, but hes certainly one of the very few forward rookies im considering and to be considered.

Also as you said he was one of the most impressive for port on the weekend and had the most posses from memory for the entire side.

Hi Im new to this, my team is as follows.

Defenders: Goddard (STK) Deledio (Rich) Ellis (Hawks)
Grimes (Melb) Buntine (GWS) Clarke (Coolingwood)
Frost (GWS) SPurr (Freo) Morris (Richmond)

Mids: Abblet (Geol) Swan (Colling) Mitchell (Hawks) Gibbs (Carlton)
Reid (GWS) K Stevens (Eagles) Shiel (GWS) Macdonald (GWS)

Forwards: Franklin(Hawks) Goodes (Swans) Martin (Rich) Sidebottom (Collingwood)
Ballaytyne (Freo) McPhee (Freo) Zorko (Bris) Treleor (GWS) Kerridge (Adelaide)

Ruck: Sandilands (Freo) Kreuuzer (carlton) Stevenson (Geloong) Giles (GWS)

Won't go into detail as it will take a while but here is a quick rundown.

The following haven't played NAB and are unlikely to play rd.1 or their JS is bad;
Buntine, Frost, Reid, Zorko and not sure about Shiel and Treloar

The following are just plain bad DT picks for a variety of reasons;
Ellis (try the Rich one!), McPhee, Kruezer

Hope that helps

Plodder? why was he pick 17?

Wont add to the team or make them better? why did they bother picking him up than, depth is important to every side especially with the increase rates in resting.

Hes DPP, plays for port. At Carlton he was always considered extremely talented unfortunately his body just wouldn't hold up. Adelaide could see his talent and were hoping he could get fit and his body right so they as a professional club saw it worthy to give him another go as have port. To have done what he has done and still be picked on the list of 3 afl clubs means people can clearly see he has some decent ability.

The forward rookies are also easily the weakest. Hes not in my side, but hes certainly one of the very few forward rookies im considering and to be considered.

Also as you said he was one of the most impressive for port on the weekend and had the most posses from memory for the entire side.

He was pick 17 in the 2005 draft. Didn't manage a single game in 2 years at Adelaide.

Only managed 7 games in 2 years at Carlton. PSD selection.

Is only rookie listed at port.

FFS stop exaggerating all the time, he was never "considered extremely talented at Carlton". Depth player at best. He only ever got games when we had injuries to top 22 players and never did enough to hold his spot in the team even when he was fit. VFL standard depth player at best.

Me..
yes he looked ok in the NAB last week, but he was playing against rookies..

You...
Also as you said he was one of the most impressive for port on the weekend and had the most posses from memory for the entire side

Not what I said at all, nuffie. :rolleyes:

Extremely talented with which ever club he went to first. I couldnt be bothered checking. If it was Adelaide than they must have thought he was extremely talented to take pick 17 on him which from memory may have been a round 1 pick or priority selection.

Not literally saying thats what you said. You said he looked ok suggesting he went well/good whatever you want to call it. Ive extended that into saying what happend in facts (most possessions) and agreeing he did also seem to be quite impressive in regards to a few reports.

The reason he didnt play was due to injury in his early career, he has never been able to get his body right.

All of my points still stand do they not?

Pick 17 (first round from memory?), poor forward rookie competition, DPP, his game on the weekend was quite good as you have also stated (you said looked ok) im not being literal however. Plays for port, you dont pick someone without intending them to play a game especially when your a mature aged type and been at 2 other clubs.

ATM im really not sold on any forward rookies. Possibly the number 1 is Devon Smith atm, but even than i dont think he started in their best side against the dogs in NAB 1.

Who else do you like as forward rookies, what im saying is Pfeiffer might just get in teams based their is no one else better.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brendon Goddard, Heath Shaw, Grant Birchall, Greg Broughton, Ryan Hargrave, Brandon Ellis, Billie Smedts, S Darley, Stephen Morris

Dane Swan, Matthew Boyd, Gary Ablett Jnr, Marc Murphy, Chad Wingard, Dylan Shiel, Koby Stevens, Lachlan Neale

Ben McEvoy, Jonathan Giles – Orren Stephensen, Tom Derickx

Lance Franklin, Mitch Robinson, David Zaharakis, Steele Sidebottom, Nick Riewoldt, Darren Pfeiffer, Adam Kennedy – Adam Treloar, Sam Kerridge

CASH LEFT: $146,700
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is what I currently have at the moment - Thoughts?

Have gone the one senior ruck strategy, to try and improve other areas of the team. Haven't quite decided on a few rookies, and also some of the premiums. For example, I can easily slot Dustin Martin or Adam Goodes into the forward line, or Heath Scotland into the backline.

The forward line is my biggest area of concern (Zaharakis, Sidebottom & Robinson) are all premium-priced, and I think all 3 are likely to play more in the midfield, which could improve their scoring output somewhat. Of course, closer to lockout I will probably go a bit "safer" and upgrade 1-2 of them or Riewoldt to someone like Fyfe, Goodes or Martin.

It's a risky strategy, but if Giles can average 60+ I think it should pay off alright. The other side I'm toying with Leuenberger as the R2, and obviously a bit less quality around the rest of the side, and is a bit more guns/rookies oriented. I'm banking that the extra 30-35ppg that somebody like Leuenberger would have given me as R2, is compensated by being able to upgrade a rookie to Hargrave, Hayes to Ablett and an extra premium forward by the cash generated (Dangerfield was in my original).

TBSaint,

Your backline is very solid and similar to most teams floating around.

Shiel has a moon boot or some sh*t and hasn't played much, if at all (someone correct me?). Be cautious. Dump Neale and slot in Magner. Watch Stevens, don't know how much game time he's gonna get and J McDonald (GWS, 98k) is guaranteed more at the moment.

Redden > Derrickx

Haven't really spotted Riewoldt in many teams so he's a nice unique pick if you think he can do well this year. I'd prefer Dustin Martin though.

Treloar is injured, be careful.

Never heard of Adam Kennedy, that can't be good. Is he a rookie? Hall and Hampton are also viable options.

TBSaint,

Your backline is very solid and similar to most teams floating around.

Shiel has a moon boot or some sh*t and hasn't played much, if at all (someone correct me?). Be cautious. Dump Neale and slot in Magner. Watch Stevens, don't know how much game time he's gonna get and J McDonald (GWS, 98k) is guaranteed more at the moment.

Redden > Derrickx

Haven't really spotted Riewoldt in many teams so he's a nice unique pick if you think he can do well this year. I'd prefer Dustin Martin though.

Treloar is injured, be careful.

Never heard of Adam Kennedy, that can't be good. Is he a rookie? Hall and Hampton are also viable options.

Thanks for that mate.

I think it's Adam, it's the bloke who plays for GWS. His first name starts with A, though.

Been considering Redden > Derickx, He definitely seems to be playing OK in the NAB cup, and there's a spot for him with Brogan gone.

Riewoldt from all reports has had one of his best pre-seasons in a while, although some whispers suggest he will be playing a bit closer to goal, so I'll be monitoring that. I do have the flexibility to be able to bring in somebody like Martin instead if need be.

Also been monitoring Shiel, I know he's not fit at the moment, Magner & McDonald are two other mid "rookies" I've been looking at to fill the void if he won't be ready for the start of the season. Could be a bonus, as Shiel would then become a handy early downgrade target.

Won't go into detail as it will take a while but here is a quick rundown.

The following haven't played NAB and are unlikely to play rd.1 or their JS is bad;
Buntine, Frost, Reid, Zorko and not sure about Shiel and Treloar

Hope that helps

kk cheers for headsup on the rookies taht havnt been given gametim,e its mcphees year, this is his return to AA in defense, so hes a shoein in my DT

Extremely talented with which ever club he went to first. I couldnt be bothered checking. If it was Adelaide than they must have thought he was extremely talented to take pick 17 on him which from memory may have been a round 1 pick or priority selection.

Not literally saying thats what you said. You said he looked ok suggesting he went well/good whatever you want to call it. Ive extended that into saying what happend in facts (most possessions) and agreeing he did also seem to be quite impressive in regards to a few reports.

The reason he didnt play was due to injury in his early career, he has never been able to get his body right.

All of my points still stand do they not?

Pick 17 (first round from memory?), poor forward rookie competition, DPP, his game on the weekend was quite good as you have also stated (you said looked ok) im not being literal however. Plays for port, you dont pick someone without intending them to play a game especially when your a mature aged type and been at 2 other clubs.

ATM im really not sold on any forward rookies. Possibly the number 1 is Devon Smith atm, but even than i dont think he started in their best side against the dogs in NAB 1.

Who else do you like as forward rookies, what im saying is Pfeiffer might just get in teams based their is no one else better.

There is one person that is ahead of Pfeifer and Devon Smith... but 50/50 if he'll get upgraded... :( (But he IS in best 21 on skill/talent/fitness/etc. so I have him in my team atm, only thing that would prevent him being best 21 is structure)

Also I watched the game and Pfeifer was impressive enough to consider him as potential for rnd 1 team selection. Don't know enough about Port and I tend to think their entire list is crap... so I'm probably very biased as to whether or not he is best 21. Plus I did have Pfeifer in my team many moons ago when he was Carlton rookie material.

There is one person that is ahead of Pfeifer and Devon Smith... but 50/50 if he'll get upgraded... :( (But he IS in best 21 on skill/talent/fitness/etc. so I have him in my team atm, only thing that would prevent him being best 21 is structure)

Also I watched the game and Pfeifer was impressive enough to consider him as potential for rnd 1 team selection. Don't know enough about Port and I tend to think their entire list is crap... so I'm probably very biased as to whether or not he is best 21. Plus I did have Pfeifer in my team many moons ago when he was Carlton rookie material.

Hall? or a crow

Interested to see quite a few teams with Shiel, Neale, Stevens, Wingard in the midfields. I dont think any can confidently be locked away in thier teams best 20. Wingard probably has the best case but i know less about ports side than the other WA teams and new GWS team.

Shiel has had to much of an injury problem to be risked early in the season for me. He would have gone very high in the draft if involved and i just dont see Sheedy risking him considering he was on crutches just 2 weeks ago and missed a fair chunk of preseason. Whats the point? they arnt aiming to win 10 games as its an unrealistic goal, they would prefer no major injury setbacks to future stars.

Im a little concerned about having 5 rookie backs. Very confident in 2 of them scoring well and playing most games. Fairly confident on another playing but maybe not scoring as highly. The other 2 spots really need to prove themselves otherwise i may have to look elsewhere. Would love Guthrie at 150k but just dont have the chocolates right now.

Hope that helps

Wouldn't be to harsh on that pick. A fair few will pick him this year and they can have good reason to. He is a no.1 draft pick playing in a top 8 team, he should see much more ruck time early on without Warnock. He could be a very good smoky pick for those who are brave enough. Don't be so fast to shut down someone's picks without giving a reason!

Ok barring rookies im pretty settled on this team

BACKS: Goddard, Suckling, Broughton, Grimes, Lake, Ellis, Bugg, ( Morris, L. Brown)

MIDS: Swan, Boyd, Ablett, Selwood, McDonald, Magner (Sheil, Neale)

RUCKS: Cox, Mcenvoy (Giles, Big O)

FOWARDS: Goodes, Robinson, Martin, sidebottom, Christensen, D. Smith, Hall (Hampton, Rowe)

Thoughts?

cash left: $1400

Remove this Banner Ad

Post Your Team (Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back