News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Mad max 1, 2 & 4.
Inglorious Bastards especially the scene with the David Bowie song.
Terminator 2.
Shindlers List.
Something about Mary.

Drama - Goodfellas
Comedy - Stepbrothers
Action - The Dark Knight
Sci-fi - Star Wars trilogy

Favourite Actor - Sammy L Jackson

I CAN POST LIKE THIS EVERY TIME I REPLY TO YOU IF YOU WOULD LIKE?

Bong Joon-ho is one of my favourite directors at the moment. Snowpiercer was interesting, but I think Memories of Murder and The Host are his best films. Both excellent movies, in very different ways. Mother is quite good too.
There have been some great movies coming out of Korea over the last decade or so.
Great .....i'll look Bong Joon-Ho up :thumbsu:

In meantime ....do yourself a favor and see
upload_2015-10-26_23-41-48.jpeg
The life story of Yip Man, the first person to teach the Chinese martial art of Wing Chun.

Nope. Do tell.

Has pre-transformers Shia Lebouf, and Sigourney Weaver. Without giving anything away, shia gets sent to Juvenile detention camp for 'stealing' a pair of shoes where he has to dig holes all day, it's better than it sounds lol

based on the book of the same name

Great .....i'll look Bong Joon-Ho up :thumbsu:

In meantime ....do yourself a favor and see
View attachment 188583
The life story of Yip Man, the first person to teach the Chinese martial art of Wing Chun.
:thumbsu: Donnie Yen is really underrated. Really deserves a higher profile in the West.

I would recommend Wake in Fright if you've not seen it. It's certainly not for everybody, but I think it's an incredible piece of cinema, and the best film I've seen about our country.

I have never heard of this. Looks really interesting. Thanks for the recommendation, now I just gotta find it lol.
Has pre-transformers Shia Lebouf, and Sigourney Weaver. Without giving anything away, shia gets sent to Juvenile detention camp for 'stealing' a pair of shoes where he has to dig holes all day, it's better than it sounds lol

based on the book of the same name
Likewise, didn't know about this. Shia is a certified a-hole weirdo, but the boy can act for sure. Will check it out.

You jerk. My mother used to "force" me to watch ye olde black and white movies when I was a kid and as a result, I find it hard to watch them now, even though I think a lot of them are fantastic. But I'm ruined for movies like Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music etc. just can't happen anymore lol. Although, she did instill in me an appreciation for Danny Kaye movies. Something that I'd wager not too many young 'uns know anything about nowadays.
:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

upload_2015-10-27_6-55-0.jpeg

On the foreign movies, you guys should check out Red Cliff, the full original version, not the hacked up, piece of shit American edition. Gorgeous movie.

Also Mongol. Beautiful cinematography.
Mongol is a great movie .....haven't seen Red Cliff, I'll check it out ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah ....thought it was a guy watching chick flics .....so i said Transgender

Turns out ...was a girls all along :oops:
Why can't guys watch chick flicks without being labelled? o_O

For me, there's so many movies I love, too hard to narrow them down. Some honourable mentions:

Earliest movie I remember loving was Devil at Four O'clock with Spencer Tracy.

Singing in the rain, sound of music, my fair lady.
Breakfast at tiffanys, rear window, the birds, North by north west. 12 angry men.
The god father, one flew over the cuckoos nest, jaws, cool hand Luke.
Alien, aliens, predator, terminator,
Twister, dantes peak, volcano
The great escape, papillon, the Thomas crown affair (both old and new)
Indiana jones (1&3), Star Wars, Star Trek (4 of the iriginal series my fav and love the new ones)
Mission impossible, shutter island, oblivion, catch me if you can
Independence Day, enemy of the state, airforce one, clear and present danger, Olympus has fallen
Red (1&2), Salt. Harry Potter. Maze runner. Martian.
Toy story, finding nemo, Madagascar, ice age,
Night at the museum. Truman show.

Etc etc etc

Why can't guys watch chick flicks without being labelled? o_O

That's right!!!

Although, I *cough* *cough* would personally never get sucked into Bridget Jones Diary movies when I happen across them, there wouldn't be anything wrong if some other bloke did. ;)

Probably not an absolute list of favourites, but the ones that come to mind straight off the bat.

Drama: Godfather 1 and 2 Pulp Fiction Saw films

Comedy: National Lampoons Vacation and Euro Vacation. Freddy Got Fingered, Spaceballs, The Blues Brothers.

Australian: Wolf Creek The Castle or Chopper

Scifi: Star Wars

Action: Demolition Man

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

mongol way better than red cliff

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mongol is definitely. I just recommended Red Cliff because it is such a beautiful looking movie. The costumes, the scale, the scenery, it's worth watching just for that. It is very long though, like Lord of the Rings long.

I was so pissed off when I found out that Mongol was supposed to be the first in a trilogy, but the other two look unlikely to ever get made because the first didn't do too well.

Seriously, people annoy me sometimes. They'll go see Fast and Furious 27, but are too intellectually stunted to go see a masterpiece like Mongol. Grumble.

Ace Ventura 1&2
Dumb & Dumber
Joe Dirt
Dude Where's My Car
Ready To Rumble
Robin Hood - Men In Tights
Ali G Indahouse
Road Trip
Austin Powers series
Labyrinth
Forrest Gump
Me Myself and Irene
Star Wars series
Vacation series
A Nightmare on Elm St series
Friday the 13th series
Saw series

The King's Speech
Ferris Bueller's Day Off
Groundhog Day
Titanic
The Martian (it was that good)
Mission Impossible
Red Planet
Gladiator
Howzat! (the TV movie about World Series Cricket)
American Beauty
Apollo 13
The Core
Limitless
Valkyrie

There are probably quite a few I've forgotten

fullwidth.504cf584.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

News Poster's Favorite Movies - Latest Movie Seen

Remove this Banner Ad

Back