Posters that have come and gone

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These are not issues to play out in public and we continually have asked posters not to do that.

You don't get to dedicate your feelings on behalf of others because you have had an issue yourself in the past. Suffice to say you are still posting and not shown the door as a result of your overstepping in retaliation. You have no informed knowledge of any other poster who may no longer be here.

You get the luxury of considering yourself and your perspective only. You don't have to be a third party trying to consider the perspective of an entire forum.

Posters don't get to decide who stays and who goes so that their own posting experience is tailored to them. We cater to the majority and to the mood of the board always, providing it also fits with the direction of the powers that be at BigFooty.

I've left 2 posts here against my better judgment so we can defend the allegations. I'm surprised you think they don't require addressing as though we should cop it sweet even if we disagree.

Did you want to take your grievances to PM or weren't we the intended audience?
You don't get it do you.
Go back and read my first post, try to put history and bias aside and read the words.
Other than giving a respectful mention to those short lived who could not handle the dynamic of
these pages, there was no overt intent to upset you or anyone else. I reviewed my post after writing
and it was not accurate. All of those to whom I was referring did not leave of their own free will, so it
would be inaccurate to say it was so. So I edited it. I believe I was tactfully written, so as not to draw
the masses in to debate.

The only individual wishing to extrapolate is you, based on past history rather than the post. Your
failure to let it go has already taken things way past the appropriate. I did not and am not transgressing.
You "left 2 posts here against my better judgement so we can defend the allegations" What allegations
bearing in mind the reference of the post?

You infract posters who overstep, where is there slight or allegation? As you have dredged up, there have
been some previously which clearly have caused you to alight the high horse. There was no "intended
audience" other than the face value of the post. Again, where is the foul? If the post overstepped, it
would not now be visible, so why carry it on, in public no less.

Should you not comprehend the spirit of the initial post and wish to act in a draconian manner on a whim,
I will take this as far as I can with the Super Mods or whatever their title. There was no malice or slight
in my post, you have escalated the conversation and drawn old discussions to other's attention.

This has left a bad taste to a previously pleasant day, but I will not stand by for bullying regardless of
the status and power of said individual.

You don't get it do you.
Go back and read my first post, try to put history and bias aside and read the words.
Other than giving a respectful mention to those short lived who could not handle the dynamic of
these pages, there was no overt intent to upset you or anyone else. I reviewed my post after writing
and it was not accurate. All of those to whom I was referring did not leave of their own free will, so it
would be inaccurate to say it was so. So I edited it. I believe I was tactfully written, so as not to draw
the masses in to debate.

The only individual wishing to extrapolate is you, based on past history rather than the post. Your
failure to let it go has already taken things way past the appropriate. I did not and am not transgressing.
You "left 2 posts here against my better judgement so we can defend the allegations" What allegations
bearing in mind the reference of the post?

You infract posters who overstep, where is there slight or allegation? As you have dredged up, there have
been some previously which clearly have caused you to alight the high horse. There was no "intended
audience" other than the face value of the post. Again, where is the foul? If the post overstepped, it
would not now be visible, so why carry it on, in public no less.

Should you not comprehend the spirit of the initial post and wish to act in a draconian manner on a whim,
I will take this as far as I can with the Super Mods or whatever their title. There was no malice or slight
in my post, you have escalated the conversation and drawn old discussions to other's attention.

This has left a bad taste to a previously pleasant day, but I will not stand by for bullying regardless of
the status and power of said individual.

Coona, please escalate to a super or an admin and let them decide.

I always thought Windows had good stuff to say on drafts, tactics and so on. Maybe a bit argumentative at times. Tended to drift in and out a bit. Possibly a bit full of himself.

Windows was easy to crack. Open and shut case every time. When he got out of hand, it was curtains for him.

Did that before hitting the post button. Cannot understand your sensitivity and desire to carry it on and/or have the last word.

There's a lot I don't understand about your approach. We have been here before.

You have approached admin. Wait for a response and stop airing your grievances.

Windows was easy to crack. Open and shut case every time. When he got out of hand, it was curtains for him.

Will never cancel his account.

Instead he'll end up with the BigFooty Blues screen of death...

This has somehow become a sensitive area for discussion, against what we seemingly want here by way of 'community'
My posts here are quickly eradicated as they're seemingly not for communal discussion but for private ones.

Why do we have to hide behind Clokes' smoke and mirrors and PM's? Aren't we grown-up enough for open discussion? If not, why not?

If a mod cares to PM me on a one to one basis, I'll convey the disgruntlement of many (in my view) key posters have here by the way of the system, but either we share the issues all together in an open forum, or in absolute privacy and not pooled together with a selected few.

Having said that, it's not all bad, but we can all get better. Isn't that worth aspiring to, opposed to self preservation and ego?
Why are the people that care the most seemingly the biggest villains? It just doesn't make sense?

BTW: You're a hell of a guy ODN.

I have offered PM conversations Harker. You haven't taken me up on it.

Most of the mod complaint brought up are snide and generalising and off topic.

We have a questions thread if anybody wants to express concerns.

Moderating is a thankless task and we deal with many posters and many issues. When individuals decide for themselves that their grievances should be for public consumption, one wonders who they are addressing.

Are they looking for other posters to join the cause? I am happy to discuss any mod action at any time. It must be specific and not based on feelings on behalf of others from one side of a story.

Maybe we can have a committee thread. Posters voted in to discuss the issues of posters who won't approach us or who disagree with the outcome ... privately of course. We're not here to be whipping boys and girls.

Going to give a big shout out to the many who had fleeting "careers" on here after being unceremoniously harassed
by some of the prolific posters a few around here laud. Some very knowledgeable people decided not worth the
conflict.(Edit - or shown the door by mods after "overstepping" in retaliation)

Some characters can't help but aggressively mark and defend "their" territory.

Nailed it Coona :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Posters that have come and gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Back