Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well to be fair the St Kilda board and Craig Kelly thought the same..

But there's nothing there that wasn't already widely known, maybe besides Gavin Brown.

My mate saw Gary Ayres having lunch with Chris Pelchen don't know if it's anything to jump up and down about but just lunch with a mate or maybe more than that?

http://www.smh.com.au/afl/afl-news/...-pitch-for-saints-top-job-20111004-1l7en.html

The favourites are Ken Hinkley, Scott Watters and Alan Richardson. Those who could make a late run with good presentations are Leigh Tudor, and club legend Robert Harvey.

Hinkley is the logical favourite as a man who has been in the system for a long time, winning plaudits from all the right people without quite getting up for a senior job. Hinkley, 45, assistant coach to Guy McKenna at the Gold Coast, has previously pitched for the senior jobs at Geelong (when Chris Scott was hired) and Richmond (Damien Hardwick in 2009).

Has anyone else got the feeling that we can't really go wrong with any of those?

I just hope we give it to the person that wants to be the St Kilda coach most and deliver us that flag.

Didnt hear it myself but my mate just told me that on SEN this morning Tim Watson mentioned that Stephen Milne & Mick Malthouse were seen chatting at a cafe together!!

Did anyone hear it at all?

Is tim Watson the bullshit type? Never really heard him talk crap before. At least, he's not up there with some of the media that feed us crap. But maybe your mate is :p

That rumour was for an annoucement Wednesday right?

Interesting...

Didnt hear it myself but my mate just told me that on SEN this morning Tim Watson mentioned that Stephen Milne & Mick Malthouse were seen chatting at a cafe together!!

Irrelevant of the coaching position, if this was true, I want to know more.

Is tim Watson the bullshit type? Never really heard him talk crap before. At least, he's not up there with some of the media that feed us crap. But maybe your mate is :p

That rumour was for an annoucement Wednesday right?

Interesting...

As i said i didnt hear it at all. Not sure what Tim Watson's track record is with these types of things. Doubt my mate would have made up that he heard it on SEN, well im 99.99% sure he wouldnt.....

It could have just been a meeting with MM finally apologising or something. Could be a million different reasons..

I did not but I don't find it all that news worthy to be fair.

MM is now out of the industry as far as the AFL is concerned having chosen not to take up the contract with Collingwood, he's not a bad bloke (unlike Eddie in my experience) and is easy enough to talk to if you get him on a normal day, Milney also is rather infectious in how he engages people so there's no real reason why 2 blokes who are decent enough sorts, despite having a single instance where things hit the fan may have gotten together to just go "water under bridge? So how's things?"

Thins get blown out of proportions far too easily these days, sure I'd like to have been my namesake on the wall to get context, but they are grown men and I've no reason to believe it was anything overly important or ground shattering.

Edit: I should clarify that I didn't hear it, so this is on the basis that the meeting happened as opposed to didn't and is media fluffing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Possibly Timmy is struggling with relevancy deficiency syndrome.

Malthouse was doing a book signing in Perth this morning.

haha who knows when said "meeting" took place.... But come to think of it Watto was the one that broke the "news" that Lenny had a setback in his knee and was in serious doubts to play again... So maybe we cant trust a word he says ;)

I did not but I don't find it all that news worthy to be fair.

MM is now out of the industry as far as the AFL is concerned having chosen not to take up the contract with Collingwood, he's not a bad bloke (unlike Eddie in my experience) and is easy enough to talk to if you get him on a normal day, Milney also is rather infectious in how he engages people so there's no real reason why 2 blokes who are decent enough sorts, despite having a single instance where things hit the fan may have gotten together to just go "water under bridge? So how's things?"

Thins get blown out of proportions far too easily these days, sure I'd like to have been my namesake on the wall to get context, but they are grown men and I've no reason to believe it was anything overly important or ground shattering.

Edit: I should clarify that I didn't hear it, so this is on the basis that the meeting happened as opposed to didn't and is media fluffing.

As i said in post above this one, quite possibly could have been them working stuff out. But also given our status as being coachless it could have a more underlying reason as to why all sudden he went out his way to speak to him...

As i said in post above this one, quite possibly could have been them working stuff out. But also given our status as being coachless it could have a more underlying reason as to why all sudden he went out his way to speak to him...

Oh I know that, I just don't place stock in it. There's a very good reason why Collingwood would threaten legal ramifications at the slightest hint of a poach, so whilst you wouldn't believe either entity singularly, the warning bells on dealing in that scenario should be well and truly going off.

In relation to an earlier point, I agree with the fact that we can't go wrong here as all the candidates are highly regarded assistant coaches. The happiest I have been in this coaching race is when Rodney Eade accepted the job at Collingwood and Neil Craig accepted the job at Melbourne

My mate saw Gary Ayres having lunch with Chris Pelchen don't know if it's anything to jump up and down about but just lunch with a mate or maybe more than that?

He is definitely applying and organising his presentation. (I believe its tomorrow)

I reckon it will be Hinkley or Waters, hopefully Hinkley. But just want to know now and then get into the trade period. Usually by now I'm really excited about who we might get and how next season is going to be great, but with so much unknown it's a bit of an anticlimax.

I hope it's Robert Harvey.

Clubman, brownlows, humility, wizardry, loyalty, courage, sacrifice, business-like, locality etc...

If the Scott Brothers can both get a berth then why shouldn't Banger?

Watters, Hinkley no thanks. Time to go inhouse.

Let's stick with the red, white and black.

VOTE 1 Banger.
And why not help him out by giving Mark Harvey a go as assistant while we're at it.

I hope it's Robert Harvey.

Clubman, brownlows, humility, wizardry, loyalty, courage, sacrifice, business-like, locality etc...

If the Scott Brothers can both get a berth then why shouldn't Banger?

Watters, Hinkley no thanks. Time to go inhouse.

Let's stick with the red, white and black.

VOTE 1 Banger.
And why not help him out by giving Mark Harvey a go as assistant while we're at it.

And we could recruit Boomer after he retires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back