Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damien Barratt just said that he reckons all 3 are in contention aswell. He reckons announcement Tuesday or Wednesday...

689625-watters.jpg

I'd be pretty surprised if Watters didn't get the job.

Herald Scum have edited original story.. Notice the speculation part, yea speculation & lies that they themselves started!!

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/two-left-in-race-for-saints-job/story-fn69a32t-1226166706968

STKILDA has assured Alan Richardson he remains in the race to win the Saints coaching job.

Speculation swept the football world that the highly-rated Carlton assistant coach had been unsuccessful in his application.

But the club told Richardson today that he is still in the mix, along with Gold Coast assistant Ken Hinkley and Collingwood defensive coach Scott Watters.

The Saints' sub-committee is expected to make their final recommendations over the weekend.

The trio made their final presentations to the club on Thursday.

Ross Lyon's replacement could be named as soon as Monday.

Hope you didn't spill any on your doggy blanket.

People know I have inside info, so no guess there woof woof

Back to the dog house young Kelvin, theres a good boy!

what if its not Watters hey?? ur gona look like a fool!!! i reckon your guessing anyway

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, the most important thing that is going to come out of the appointment of the new St Kilda coach, is that we will then know that Cardio Carl has inside contacts, and is just the awesomest poster on Big Footy ever. :rolleyes:

not as big as you when it is proven correct. BOOKMARKED!

bookmarked my arse!! your taking a stab at it, the club is going through a 37 candidate process and your claiming they made their decision before speaking to anybody. **** me im jumping off if that was the case! but good luck with your prediction mate im sure whoever the PROCESS dishes out will serve us well.

Greg Denham has tipped Kevin Bartlett off on Watters getting the Saints job.
He strongly believes it will happen.

Sweet so we can now rule Watters out..... ;)

OK I'm entrenching my foot firmly in my mouth here, I've got "intimate" working with board room levels at a local AFL club that shares the premises with a cricket & social club, this includes finances, management meetings, exterior requests (leasing of lights as an eg) and what have you. Now many can guess the league & speculate the club involved (good luck to you) but regardless, I cannot count the amount of times that individuals in the public arena have piped up at the very start of a scheduled process, a process that is adhered to no ifs, and, or, buts and spouted off opinion as fact citing several fabricated sources as being 100% on the information given. Then it turns out they're full of crap or got lucky through pot luck.

At the beginning of these sorts of processes, there are candidates that are entirely friggen obvious to anyone with half an eye on the situation, there is a reason why the media, who would know more than the common punter, always generally get the shortlisted names and generally miss the specific appointment made. it's because you don't know, you couldn't know and if you claim to know you're full of shit because you wouldn't be stating it in a public forum unless directed to do so. Even in these sorts of situations, any leaked information from the source in question is scuttlebutt as it can be used to dissuade other applicants or "lead on" the media & public and gauge interest in a marketing situation.

The St Kilda Football club is infinitely more professional than the mob I know, they have been public in the length of the process and through the individuals in the "headhunting" what they are inherently looking for in the new coach. This is about the only thing that can be taken at face value, everything else is guesswork.

This is why I have been adamant, it's a 4 week process then it's a 4 week bloody process, if the board have a scheduled meeting on the Wednesday (next week) then any decision would be more likely around that date as opposed to earlier in the week. And yet media pundits were going yesterday, Monday, down to 2, 3? And individuals with sources are of the opinion that the club will enjoy every other applicant feeling like they've been shafted and the clubs bullshitting them and sitting on their hands to make the process seem like it was "legit".

Daryl%20Kerrigan.jpg

Guys, ad usual I will beak it here first. St Kilda will hold a press conference tomorrow morning to announce our new coach.

As in Sunday :eek::eek: Odd day to announce it.....

Guys, ad usual I will beak it here first. St Kilda will hold a press conference tomorrow morning to announce our new coach.
Do you still believe it's Alan Richardson?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back