Discussion Potential Coach Replacements

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably because the trade deadline's Monday, whoever it is will probably hit the ground running

Yea good point, doubt he would have much say though?

All 3 of the candidates had a fair say in what their scenario would be if they were coach in trade week.

Contrary to statements on here that Pelchan is a demi god, he has had nothing to do with trade week, that has been wholey handled by Tony Elshaug, who I think has done very well.

All 3 of the candidates had a fair say in what their scenario would be if they were coach in trade week.

Contrary to statements on here that Pelchan is a demi god, he has had nothing to do with trade week, that has been wholey handled by Tony Elshaug, who I think has done very well.

Good, thats his job, credit to Pelchan for not stepping on his heels.

"Nothing" is harsh, the input has been very minimal but it's still there, same with Ameet in a way although he's been more involved than Pelchan in the matters. Elshaug has taken the "lead role" in negotiations so it is fair to say he's the primary contributor, but it's unfair on the others involved to state he's wholly handling it, despite how well it's going at current.

Given also the contractual situations of several individuals at the club, you'd have to assume that Pelchan would be quite the busy bee with his commitments this week to take a heavy role in much.

Yep, the most important thing that is going to come out of the appointment of the new St Kilda coach, is that we will then know that Cardio Carl has inside contacts, and is just the awesomest poster on Big Footy ever. :rolleyes:

Don't worry Perc. If CC happens to be wrong, I'm sure he'll be the first one here to put his hand up. Or proceed to bag out the club for not selecting Watters.

I don't believe that Pelchen has been sitting on his heels watching traffic for one solitary second.

Agreed, but too much else has been happening for it all to be one man.

Don't worry Perc. If CC happens to be wrong, I'm sure he'll be the first one here to put his hand up. Or proceed to bag out the club for not selecting Watters.

Dont worry Guide, if all things go to plan by this time tomorrow we will be rich, rich i tells ya ;););):D

There is a decidedly yellow tinge to this thread... hmmm, must be all the pee that's been fired out lately - it's like one contest after another.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There is a decidedly yellow tinge to this thread... hmmm, must be all the pee that's been fired out lately - it's like one contest after another.

Hahahaha. You cynical thing!

Dont worry Guide, if all things go to plan by this time tomorrow we will be rich, rich i tells ya ;););):D

It would be nice if things went to plan.

Francis Leach has just said he believes announcement tomorrow.

Agreed, but too much else has been happening for it all to be one man.

True.
Does anyone know who our "spotters" are? Or are they just a group of former players and friends of friends that recommend someone to look out for. I am sure the richer clubs have profesionals scouring the country side trying to get the inside running before they even enter the "system"

True.
Does anyone know who our "spotters" are? Or are they just a group of former players and friends of friends that recommend someone to look out for. I am sure the richer clubs have profesionals scouring the country side trying to get the inside running before they even enter the "system"

I believe one of our spotters goes by the alias of 'the handicapper'

Saints, like every other club, have recruiters both part time and full time on their books over Aus.

Squizzy, don't take me so literally, he has been up to his ears in finding a new coach, he has had the odd briefing but it's been all TE, which is great for us.

Pelchen said he was dividing his time. Once the coaching candidates have been identified, it's hardly a full time job.

With trade week there is list management, strategy, talent identification, negotiation (club and player manager), and a bit of touchy-feeley stuff. Obviously you like Elshaugh, but Pelchen will be all over it too.

Yeah, we just have blokes from the local centrelink that do 3 days a week then we get some hobos from St Vincents that do the other days, all for free. Im sure we will pay our new coach Scott Watters a pittance too.

Yeah, we just have blokes from the local centreline that do 3 days a week then we get some hobos from St Vincents that do the other days, all for free. Im sure we will pay our new coach Scott Watters a pittance too.

Tell me do you see that old lady ain't it sad
Living out a bag, but she's glad for the little things she has
And over there there's a lady, crack got her crazy
Guess she's given birth to a baby

What I think you meant Brian, is that Watters seemed like the obvious choice and that you are happy he was eventually selected once due diligence was done. Obviously the other candidates that missed out must have had some outstanding qualities that made the decision making process more difficult than originally anticipated. It is great to see that such depth of quality is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back