Mega Thread Potential future father-son selections

Remove this Banner Ad

And yet another son could make his way into the hoops in 18 years - the Mackies have welcomed their 4th child with the birth of Banjo William Mackie

If they play footy I’m looking forward to an older BT saying his name wrong on purpose.

“ParFITT gives it to BanJOOOO Mackie” :rolleyes:

If they play footy I’m looking forward to an older BT saying his name wrong on purpose.

“ParFITT gives it to BanJOOOO Mackie” :rolleyes:
Don't forget Jagger Mooney & Aston Bartel - more than a few of our guys from the 07 - 11 premierships have sons with unique names and should some of them make the journey into AFL well no doubt become the bugbear for audiences trying to listen to their commentary

I mean potential A grade footballers yes.

Agree with everything you say. By AFL draft standards compared to the rest of the pool they probably don’t look top prospects.

You probably have seen more than me anyway. Where do you rate brownless? And mensch??

I like Brownless ... but he someone who will probably take a season or two... but he will be a good add to our group. The club would know him well as I believe he has spent a lot of time at the club this year. Mensch ..I have barely seen.. so really I cant even confirm he is draftable. And whether we take him may depend on how we look at our NGA kids.

And yet another son could make his way into the hoops in 18 years - the Mackies have welcomed their 4th child with the birth of Banjo William Mackie

Goodness... I can only hope that one day .. that this young feel is good enough to get drafted. Talk about classic names...

The ball gets kicked long an Banjo plucks the ball from the pack..

Banjo is having a good duel today .. ..

Don't forget Jagger Mooney & Aston Bartel - more than a few of our guys from the 07 - 11 premierships have sons with unique names and should some of them make the journey into AFL well no doubt become the bugbear for audiences trying to listen to their commentary

I think the kids with shit names will have too many mental issues to be able to become good footballers.

I think the kids with shit names will have too many mental issues to be able to become good footballers.

That's an interesting take on things and I'm not sure the relevance of an individuals name to the state of their mental health or their abilities across different fields.

Just because a name is different or unique doesn't make it shit, and besides how boring would things be if everyone was called Matthew, Mark, Luke or James for boys, or Mary, Alice, Sarah or Lucy for girls?

I'd never give a kid the name Banjo. After all, everyone picks on banjos. It's really the only thing you can do with them. I like Mark Twain's comment- "gentleman is someone who can play a banjo, but doesn't"

I'd never give a kid the name Banjo. After all, everyone picks on banjos. It's really the only thing you can do with them. I like Mark Twain's comment- "gentleman is someone who can play a banjo, but doesn't"

My personal favourite in that regard is..

What's the difference between a banjo and a trampoline?

You take off your shoes to jump on a trampoline.

Seriously, though, hope the kid grows up to play 200+ in the hoops and takes home a couple of premiership medals to boot.

Doesn't bother me what his name happens to be. Particularly when you consider he had no role whatsoever in choosing it.

Hardly surprising really, given Mack has always been a different cat.

So 'Banjo stringing together some seriously good form' is a headline I look forward to reading in years to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to the Otten Clan...

and another mid to late year champion performer

GO Catters

The GFC should arrange a photo-op for all the recent Geelong champs with their kids.

I don't know the exact numbers. But a photo of all the '07 - ''09 - '11 clan with their children would need a seriously wide-angle lens, I believe.

And now, with the genesis of AFLW, all of their kids can dream of pulling on the hoops for the mighty Cats.

Good times ahead.:cool:

Some chat on the Cat Attack Podcast this week that Bailey Scott is not seriously considering the Kangas as an option for kicking off his footy career.

Supposedly has strong links up on the Gold Coast (where his immediate family lives) and also down Geelong way. But no one around Melbourne.

If true, surely he'll have a good look at joining the Cats, given how the Suns are travelling.

More highly-rated than Oscar, I believe.

And a Cats team in '19 that counted an Ablett, Brownless and Scott amongst its playing list would be a fair throwback to days past.

Here's hoping, anyway...

Some chat on the Cat Attack Podcast this week that Bailey Scott is not seriously considering the Kangas as an option for kicking off his footy career.

Supposedly has strong links up on the Gold Coast (where his immediate family lives) and also down Geelong way. But no one around Melbourne.

If true, surely he'll have a good look at joining the Cats, given how the Suns are travelling.

And a Cats team in '19 that counted an Ablett, Brownless and Scott amongst its playing list would be a fair throwback to days past.

Here's hoping, anyway...

And Simpson!

Edit: also Bews!

Here's hoping, anyway...

Till he says otherwize ... its a longshot imo....

IF it came to pass it would be great as I think we a lacking a bit the potential leadership stakes..Scott Brownless both have been captains ... and it would be idea to add another capt like OHallaran too.. Joel is as good as it gets but he will not be capt in 5 years time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back