Power delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it likely or unlikely further changes will be made before the draft?

Really depends on how the FA/Trade period goes for us and the quality of the picks we end up taking into the draft.

We currently have 5 open spots on our senior list. We'll likely trade in one player and promote Mitchell leaving 3 picks for the draft. If we bring in more players via FA/trades, we may delist one more.

I can't see any additional value for us in promoting Mitchell.

Random things. I think the bottom end of our list has been so poor for so long that we upgrade any player who shows anything. Mitchell has been a great addition for the price we paid but he isn't a natural footballer. It looks like it is a learned behaviour. He doesn't look like a long term player. We need to use all our spots wisely. I would prefer to be able to name a free agent or even de-listed free agent such as Weller / McCarthy / Growden with the final spot on the list rather than upgrade someone because they had a solid year. Footy is tough!

The rucks this year are all rated really lowly. (on bigfooty anyway) Cameron is the only one who is widely tipped to be taken in the main draft. If we keep Renouf then we should be able to rookie list (Nankervis, Lobb, Tighe, Steffe random names whoever can mark and tackle). I think someone would take Renouf if we de-listed him. I also can't imagine that he is at a point in his afl career where he would accept being on our rookie list.

Conlon sounds like an interesting player. Highly rated KPF/ruck who hurt his knee...not acl.

We need a small defender. This is where Geelong destroyed us. Hopefully Kenny has talked to this Glenn from Centrals.

There seems to be a few small forwards late in the draft.

We need about six spots on the senior list.

We need a small defender. This is where Geelong destroyed us. Hopefully Kenny has talked to this Glenn from Centrals.

There seems to be a few small forwards late in the draft.

We need about six spots on the senior list.

Who is the current Lee Spurr or Steve Morris in the SANFL?? Hope we find a player like these two either late in the draft, PSD or rookie draft.

Amato? Playing a bit as midfielder tagger, but could be played as a defender.
Or did you mean mature aged?

Someone who a defender first and foremost, is playing in the SANFL and is ready to go with a few years under their belt, like the two I listed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The rucks this year are all rated really lowly. (on bigfooty anyway) Cameron is the only one who is widely tipped to be taken in the main draft. If we keep Renouf then we should be able to rookie list (Nankervis, Lobb, Tighe, Steffe random names whoever can mark and tackle). I think someone would take Renouf if we de-listed him. I also can't imagine that he is at a point in his afl career where he would accept being on our rookie list.

Conlon sounds like an interesting player. Highly rated KPF/ruck who hurt his knee...not acl.

Steffe is unfortunately 45 years to late on the scene, he is slow and rigid, a Ruckman of the early '70s. He is so slow he makes Renouf look like Stevie Motlop!

Hence why I like Ross so much, at 197cm's and still growing, is mobile and skilled enough to build into a modern Ruckman.

Who is the current Lee Spurr or Steve Morris in the SANFL?? Hope we find a player like these two either late in the draft, PSD or rookie draft.

I would be all over and into Nick Amato, 19 and well disciplined, very much reminds me of Paul Puopolou.

Steffe is unfortunately 45 years to late on the scene, he is slow and rigid, a Ruckman of the early '70s. He is so slow he makes Renouf look like Stevie Motlop!

Hence why I like Ross so much, at 197cm's and still growing, is mobile and skilled enough to build into a modern Ruckman.

Steffe has come a long way though, might be a late bloomer. I agree that he doesn't really fit the current prototype for ruckmen, but I was speaking with someone who worked at South Adelaide when he first started out and they were shocked he had come as far as he has. I see him more as someone who could get drafted in a few years time.

I like Ross, and the fact he'd be a late rookie pick is nice. But I think Josh Miller would be your guy - at 204cm he already has the size, and is just as athletic.

Funny, we delist the 2013 Magarey winner and then fans suggest drafting the runner-up. No reason not to and I've nowhere to go with this. Just saying it, that's all.
The only difference is Sam Gray is 6 or 7 years younger than Thomas

The only difference is Sam Gray is 6 or 7 years younger than Thomas
Yeah but if we draft him we need to do so on its own merits, not being second in the Magarey. Kane Mitchell, Brad* Ebert, Matt Thomas are all winners of their respective state B&Fs and while reasonable for us haven't been heads and shoulders above any other players plucked from those leagues (Puopolo, Barlow etc).

* As @CamTASPAFC points out in 10 or so posts that should have been Brett

Remove this Banner Ad

Power delistings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back