Toast Butters and Houston in the All-Australian team

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 10, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Couldn't see a thread on this yet - we have JHF, Butters and Houston all in the preliminary AA squad.

JHF should be a lock, hopefully one of the other two can squeeze in as well.

PORT ADELAIDE trio Zak Butters, Dan Houston and Jason Horne-Francis have been named in the All-Australian 44-player squad.

Butters and Houston were both in the final All-Australian team in 2023, while this is Horne-Francis’ first inclusion.

Couldn't see a thread on this yet - we have JHF, Butters and Houston all in the preliminary AA squad.

JHF should be a lock, hopefully one of the other two can squeeze in as well.

PORT ADELAIDE trio Zak Butters, Dan Houston and Jason Horne-Francis have been named in the All-Australian 44-player squad.

Butters and Houston were both in the final All-Australian team in 2023, while this is Horne-Francis’ first inclusion.

Objectivley this could not be further from the truth. we all think he Should be a lock, but he is unlikely to make it.

They're all pretty borderline IMO. Butters has a good chance because of his reputation. Houston has a good chance because there aren't many genuine small defenders in the squad. Can't see JHF making the team. Surely we get at least one after finishing 2nd but you never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my AA Team:

Ryan-Collins-Blakey
Houston-Wiettering-Whitfield
Gulden-Cripps-Merrett
Moore-Hogan-Warner
Stengle-Curnow-Cameron
Gawn-Daicos-Bont
Zorko-Butters-Serong-Neale

Tried to Squeeze JHF in but couldnt.

my AA Team:

Ryan-Collins-Blakey
Houston-Wiettering-Whitfield
Gulden-Cripps-Merrett
Moore-Hogan-Warner
Stengle-Curnow-Cameron
Gawn-Daicos-Bont
Zorko-Butters-Serong-Neale

Tried to Squeeze JHF in but couldnt.

Possibly because you put some players in positions they shouldn't be 🤔 Merrett shouldn't be on wing for starters and tbh shouldn't be in the 22 AA.

Whitfield should be back pocket and really it's out of Ryan and Blakey in that case for other and Zorko already on half back flank with Houston.

Cameron should be either CHF not pocket and Hogan is a full forward role not CHF. So Moore should be pocket realistically.

You left Heeney out and he's in way before Warner and on the half forward. JHF is one of the only few mids listed who is a genuine midfield forward as in split role where as majority are more so just midfield and shouldn't be on half forward. So it should realistically be Heeney on one HF flank and JHF on the other.

D'Ambrosio comes in for other wing. Only other genuine wing player with Gulden and deserves it over players like Merrett there.

My 2 cents

Possibly because you put some players in positions they shouldn't be 🤔 Merrett shouldn't be on wing for starters and tbh shouldn't be in the 22 AA.

Whitfield should be back pocket and really it's out of Ryan and Blakey in that case for other and Zorko already on half back flank with Houston.

Cameron should be either CHF not pocket and Hogan is a full forward role not CHF. So Moore should be pocket realistically.

You left Heeney out and he's in way before Warner and on the half forward. JHF is one of the only few mids listed who is a genuine midfield forward as in split role where as majority are more so just midfield and shouldn't be on half forward. So it should realistically be Heeney on one HF flank and JHF on the other.

D'Ambrosio comes in for other wing. Only other genuine wing player with Gulden and deserves it over players like Merrett there.

My 2 cents
thanks for the feedback, i forgot abt heeney. he defs in over warner. i dont see d'abrosio making it, first half of the year was average. i see them putting a mid on a wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Butters and Houston in the All-Australian team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back