All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

It doesn't matter if you hate Ken.

It doesn't matter if you think we are only a chance to win because it's a Bradbury year and everyone else is falling over.

It doesn't matter if you think these results are unsustainable and would at best be a one and done flag that delays necessary change.

It doesn't matter if (like me) you promised yourself not to get emotionally invested again til Ken is gone.

One thing Ken us right about is that AFL flags are hard to win. You simply have to take them when you can get them, even if it delays what you see as necessary change.

We are a genuine chance this year. We are peaking at the right time. We have won a tough showdown playing Port Adelaide Football.

We might all be let down again but it is better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.

Choo choo. Its time. Who's with me?

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Oops

Someone has been scammed.

Poor campaigner

I'm still not convinced we can win the flag, especially now without Houston. However we've locked in top 4, likely top 3, and you just can't waste those finishes. This year there are no sides which terrify me like they have in the past. We were never beating Collingwood or Brisbane away last year, so it was a clear waste of time. This year we're winning games we haven't in years, we're actually establishing a home ground advantage that we've always failed with, and we're playing some ruthless defensive footy which we've been desperately craving as supporters. So there's a legitimate chance for us here, and we should try and take it. I just find it hard to invest, because of our history. Let's see what happens round 1 of finals. We win and I'm all in on prelim night.
1725625052558.png

All aboard!

I know it's all a bit bipolar at the moment but what have we got to lose.

There's a grand final on the line and you never know we might just get there. And if we do i definitely won't be missing it.

And if we get on board and lose, well let it he the last time.

Come on guys and girls. You've got one more go in you. Either way it will all be over soon.

All aboard!

I know it's all a bit bipolar at the moment but what have we got to lose.

There's a grand final on the line and you never know we might just get there. And if we do i definitely won't be missing it.

And if we get on board and lose, well let it he the last time.

Come on guys and girls. You've got one more go in you. Either way it will all be over soon.

In a perfect world we go to the MCG and beat Geelong to finally bury the 2007 curse. In reality players are probably already in Bali this time next week

And we have defeated the Swans the last eight times we played 'em
Look there's hope, but I totally expect to be sitting here on Friday night dissecting another failure.

And heaven forbid we make the GF, we've lost to the other 2 that we'd face by a total of 163 points in our last games.

Ultimately, we are still bucking trends regularly that we just wouldn't have in the past. Maybe playing the Prelim away, against a side we have confidence against helps release pressure. Maybe the pressure of a prelim in front of an away crowd will be too much. Who knows, but to beat Hawthorn with the momentum they had, combined with the form, list and squad issues we have, was a huge, huge win, and again illustrates this group is doing something different to the teams that have come before. So could we do it, well it's only 2 more wins to go and absolutely we could. Here's to holding onto that little bit of hope anyway.

I won't be booking accommodation in Melbourne anytime soon though.

Last edited:
Beat Sydney, then Mitch Georgiades to beat his old man's single game goal kicking record on that last Saturday in September.

If we beat Sydney, I'll be driving over with my two sons for the game.
Not sure where we'll be staying yet but we'll have 7 hours of driving to sort that out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we beat Sydney, I'll be driving over with my two sons for the game.
Not sure where we'll be staying yet but we'll have 7 hours of driving to sort that out.
Road train

All aboard

happy season 4 GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

All Aboard

Remove this Banner Ad

Back