Pre Grand Final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Grandfinal Entertainment

i think it was quality

jet is a great band that appeals to my demographic

i think the kluger is a fantastic car and having seen it endorsed by premiership legends of our fantastic game i think i might consider one when i next purchase a motor vehicle

You could have Led Zeppelin in their prime and it wouldnt matter cos pre game entertainment loses all its mystique during the day and in the middle of a massive oval with no one within cooee of the stage. It looks like a reharsal and nothing more. Music and stuff is a night time thing and the darkness hides the fact that the performers are in the middle of nowhere.

People would be so much happier with curtain raisers and just get on with the game.

The whole pre game entertainment thing sucked it was like being thrown into a room with your sister and a pr0n magazine = OFF
The sheila with the cup, we were all hoping she'd drop it, jet were shit but always have been.

I don't care much for the pre-game, but doing away with the anthem??? No way, I just love seeing the two teams line up together, facing eachother as the anthem plays, and then when its over the huge roar from the crowd and the preliminary siren before GF gets under way is fantastic.

I think the national anthem should be gone for GF only (like the SANFL).

At least it's not as ridiculous as the NBL, who sing it every single game.

So we've gone from Idle's to Jet. I say lets get Hi-5 in next year, or (as it's 7's turn), Mel and Kochie. Hell, even if they get The Amazing Race to come out and have half a dozen Americans do a Road Block (try to kick a goal from 50m for example), or have the game as a pit stop would be more riveting than the crap we got yesterday.

On the topic of Jet - have they had a hit that hasn't needed to be rescued by Vodafone?

How can one say that the NRL pre match entertainment was better? Anything that has Shannon Noll followed by Rogue Traders is only worthy of being shat on from a great height. I'm no Jet fanboy, but they were better than the tripe tonight.

To be honest, watching the NRL pre-game stuff, I thought the Rogue Traders weren't that bad, for what they are. Sounded ok live as well. Wouldn't pay money to see them, but they weren't diabolical by any means.

To be honest, watching the NRL pre-game stuff, I thought the Rogue Traders weren't that bad, for what they are. Sounded ok live as well. Wouldn't pay money to see them, but they weren't diabolical by any means.

The NRL always roll out the Rogue Traders.......boring.

I've always hated all the crap that goes on before a Grand Final, and feel sorry for the public at the ground who have to sit through it, and have to pay extra because of it. I switched the TV on 5 minutes before the start of the game on Saturday, and switched it off 2 minutes after the end of the match. I'm only interested in the game, nothing else.

What were all these people doing posting less than 30 misn before the game? Doesn't anyone have a life? Surely, you can excuse yourself from a computer on this day of all days and have a few drinks with friends?

If I was in charge of the pre-game entertainment, I'd have U2 (Bono, The Edge et al) instead of Jet to perform on Grand Final Day to sing several songs-I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Desire, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Angels of Harlem. Then I would have Noel Watson singing Waltzing Matilda, Jule Anthony to sing the National Anthem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Having been to both grand finals over the weekend.

The NRL Entertainment was far better than the AFL Entertainement.

The AFL Pre Match Entertainment was the worst in years.

It was pretty obvious Jet were having problems. The lead singer actually stopped singing and shook his head at one stage. My mate and I looked at each other and were like "WTF?" through the whole performance.

It was pretty obvious Jet were having problems. The lead singer actually stopped singing and shook his head at one stage. My mate and I looked at each other and were like "WTF?" through the whole performance.

I don't know why by at the ground you could not understand what they were singing.

Did not have that problem at Telstra Stadium last night.

I don't know why by at the ground you could not understand what they were singing.

Did not have that problem at Telstra Stadium last night.

It could be the size/shape of the ground. Don't really know much about the TS. All I know is on TV is was really really echoey.

What were all these people doing posting less than 30 misn before the game? Doesn't anyone have a life? Surely, you can excuse yourself from a computer on this day of all days and have a few drinks with friends?

Err not everyone does the grand final piss up..some of us with young kids just perfer watching it at home and some of us have laptops..i know i do and when i am in the loungeroom watching the box or just hanging out i jump on line.

You know wireless and all that? ;)

Err not everyone does the grand final piss up..some of us with young kids just perfer watching it at home and some of us have laptops..i know i do and when i am in the loungeroom watching the box or just hanging out i jump on line.

You know wireless and all that? ;)

Baha before my laptop died I used to sit in my room on the net and watch tv. Bloody awesome invention is wireless! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Ive been to two Grand Finals and absolutely loved the pre-match entertainment at both of them - added to the excitement of the days. 97 was the last year they released balloons (in the colours of the two competing teams) into the atmosphere, 98 the first year they had the F18's fly overhead. Iconic songs by iconic Aussie artists were fabulous and the colour of the 16 club flags, motorcade of retiring champions (and Mohammed Ali in 98) to an inspiring piece of music... it was just fantastic. That dribble they served up on Saturday was a joke.

Baha before my laptop died I used to sit in my room on the net and watch tv. Bloody awesome invention is wireless! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I've got a radical idea for pre-game entertainment.

- U19's Grand Final (and compulsory all in brawl).

- Reserves Grand Final (and compulsory bald former stars).

- Someone to sing Waltzing Matilda and Advance Australia Fair (I don't care who).

- First bounce - let it rip.

For once in my life I agree with Eddie McGuire - get all the crap off the ground and let the tension build while we wait for the teams to burst through the banners.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre Grand Final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back