Pre Grand Final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Worst pre-game entertainment I've seen. One band performance, who weren't even playing live (the singer was the only one live). A weak DJ session, which sounded terrible. That acrobat thing went all wrong, especially with the wind. Where were the classic songs? Where were the team banners on the ground?

Re-think it next time, AFL.

hope ur not being serious. During the first song, the drummer stopped "playing" while the "music" was still playing.

Spot on. Later the drummer was banging at the drums like a chimpanzee and they weren't making a sound.:eek:

I think the vocals might have been live though.

Where I sat, people just carried on their conversations until the "noise" stopped. It was rubbish.

As for balloon girl, we were hoping the guys holding the ropes would fall over and let the ropes go. Now that would have been entertaining.

Did anyone notice that Jet was not actually playing???? It was only the main singer who was live creating the awfull echo with his voice....the rest of the instruments and vocals were all straight off the cd.

I gather they had sound problems, ran out of time to fix them and just said **** it and went for the cd instead lmao

what a friggin joke :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

oops too late already mentioned ;)

Spot on. Later the drummer was banging at the drums like a chimpanzee and they weren't making a sound.:eek:

I think the vocals might have been live though.

Where I sat, people just carried on their conversations until the "noise" stopped. It was rubbish.

As for balloon girl, we were hoping the guys holding the ropes would fall over and let the ropes go. Now that would have been entertaining.

You 'THINK'!!!!!!

Gary Ablett help them if they weren't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worst pre-game entertainment I've seen. One band performance, who weren't even playing live (the singer was the only one live). A weak DJ session, which sounded terrible. That acrobat thing went all wrong, especially with the wind. Where were the classic songs? Where were the team banners on the ground?

Re-think it next time, AFL.

Yeah I would enjoy the old classic footy songs, giant guernseys of all 16 teams, the motorcade and we're done. Simple as that. Much more entertaining than some girl and giant balloon.

Everything was bad except the baloon girl who was just comic relief. Do they always have every single cup at the game and annouce the team/year/player holding it? that was terrible! dragged on and on and on.... not sure if it was on TV though.

Everything was bad except the baloon girl who was just comic relief. Do they always have every single cup at the game and annouce the team/year/player holding it? that was terrible! dragged on and on and on.... not sure if it was on TV though.

i missed most of the pre-game stuff on tv, just wasn't interested, but i did like seeing all the players with the cups during the anthem, i thought that was a nice touch. it was like saying, these guys are a part of history, one of you two sides can be part of history too.

but introducing all of them, one by one, if they did that, would be a bit too much.

Worst pre-match entertainment EVER
comicrz0.gif

Worst bitching and complaining thread EVER.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scarp the "entertainment". Its a failure every time, and always will be to large sections of the audience.
Parade the retired players, and the hall of fame inductees. Get someone to sing the anthem, and bounce the ball. Its a football day, leave it to football.

While I'm at it, I'd change the lead up games. Have the under18 national champiomnship finals on rather than the VSFL final. Preferably both divisions, but at least division 1.
Its a national league, give the whole day a national focus (OK, it might mean Vic Metro v Vic Country, but if they're the best two in the nation that year so be it). Give kids from right across the country the chance to play on the big day.

No channel 10 cross promotions from what I saw and no karaoke, sorry I mean idol try hards was good enough for me. Bottom line is its very hard to light up the ground with pre game glitz in the middle of the day. And then again why do we need to?

Listening to Caro on 3AW she said Jet was probably paid double what the previous person who did the pre games was. The budget this year was huge(in comparison to other years) but they looked over the normal person who does it.

Jet, FFS don't any of the bands realise they need to change their act to a more acoustic set in that situation.

The lady in RED..... YAWN.

The KIDS of the retired players..... I'm sorry but the kids have NOTHING to do with the players career.

Scarp the "entertainment". Its a failure every time, and always will be to large sections of the audience.
Parade the retired players, and the hall of fame inductees. Get someone to sing the anthem, and bounce the ball. Its a football day, leave it to football.
Do we really have to play the national anthem? I know it'll never get scrapped, but I hate having to put up with it.

As for the band, they may as well go for an unknown local indie band instead of a big name - noone cares that it's Jet (in fact, most people here seem to hate Jet).

Do we really have to play the national anthem? I know it'll never get scrapped, but I hate having to put up with it.

As for the band, they may as well go for an unknown local indie band instead of a big name - noone cares that it's Jet (in fact, most people here seem to hate Jet).

I don't care much for the pre-game, but doing away with the anthem??? No way, I just love seeing the two teams line up together, facing eachother as the anthem plays, and then when its over the huge roar from the crowd and the preliminary siren before GF gets under way is fantastic.

Grandfinal Entertainment

I don't know weather there's a tread on it... But one word can describe it,
Crap. I thought it sucked, I watched the NRL grandfinal (go storm) & they had Shannon Nole, Rogue Traders & lots of great fireworks. I thought Jet were terrible & those DJ's did nothing. Seen better entertainment in previous Grandfinals, i think this year was the worst i've seen.
Go CATS btw, Great win =], Glad you beat port after the tassie game (damn you goldspink rofl)

Thoughts??

Re: Grandfinal Entertainment

Isn't it always? I don't know why people even bother to watch that bit. I certainly don't.

I was there so can comment first hand.

For the most part it was okay. It took Jet about 10 minutes to work out the accoustics of the stadium as their inane vocalising was incohorrent gibberish mostly up until that time.

The DJ pounding the decks, pretending that he was beat-mixing during the all-too-obvious pre-mixed tracks was a real ****ing embarrassment. Cheese-o-rama! :rolleyes:

The old blokes with premiership cups was grand and the balloon thing was pretty good.

The retiring legends parade in the closed-top Kluegers was pointless.

Just the same - anything is better than kids running around in club colours waving flags and Australian Idol crap singers, which was routine for the past 5 years.

**** me it was dull as dishwater.

The old blokes with premiership cups was like a statistical breakdown of election night, or the recitation of a charge sheet. No stories, just numbers and names. ****ing pointless and god it dragged. It seemed longer than the bloody fourth quarter was.

The closed-top motorcade was a rubbish idea. Well done AFL, we get to see a hand sticking out of a window.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre Grand Final entertainment

Remove this Banner Ad

Back