Pre-Season 12/13

Remove this Banner Ad

if they paid him a sign on fee or he is contracted on a standard VCFL contract and both signed he wont get out of it unless a deal can be done by the club he wants to go to and the existing club. The contracts for VCFL can be 1 or 2 years but I do believe in most cases in the last few years they are hard to walk away from and are binding unless a deal can be done. Put it this way he wouldnt be cleared if contracted if Mt Evelyn opposed it.

Heard a whisper yesterday and then read it again on the CMFL site that Daryl White is attempting to lure Cupido up to Nyah with him. It seems that there is a bit to play out before it is determined where he will line up in'13

Have heard that the mounters are well aware of the interest in one D.Cupido, has signed a contract,has taken a sign on fee, he will not be let go without some kind of serious remuneration!!!! I know these big country footy clubs have lots of doh, but the money that the committee at mt.evelyn seem to think they are going to get I can't see a deal being done!!! The coach has been in contact with him and still seems sure he will play at mt.ev? But I think your right roota, a lot to play out before the season proper begins!!!!!

I'll stand corrected if either Emerald or Belgrave will pose a threat to a premiership tilt in 2013, I remember alot of hype about the star studded Yarra Glen side & all there recruits. :)
not a flag threat but both will make finals i reckon. a few weak sides in divy 1 this year
My understanding is there was a contract signed with Mt Evelyn and they expect him to be back this season and turn out for them. Mind you, I don't have any affiliation with Mt Evelyn and this is all second hand. Plus, if there is a contract signed, how relevant is that? I doubt that it'd be a legally binding document.
only if they can work out who really put cross on the dotted line

not a flag threat but both will make finals i reckon. a few weak sides in divy 1 this year

only if they can work out who really put cross on the dotted line

Who are these weak sides you speak of? Could easily see Emerald slip down the ladder if they dont recruit.

Emerald had a great ability to play there home ground well, the pointy ends are just that little bit sharper and they really rebounded. i wouldn't think that mud would be a massive factor in them not winning.
Against Olinda last year, they played great football by doing the one thing you need to do rain, hail or shine. They got their hands on the footy first.
Clubs so called A grade recruits are great for all clubs. They add pre season excitement, they show the rest of the players that you are moving forward and being proactive in wanting success. Sometimes this comes at a greater cost for some clubs than for others. This also can come at a cost for a young up and comer from the 18's or 2's. A clubs decision to recruit, spend and throw the kitchen sink at a premiership or even making finals is a tough call. Depending on the committe involved or even the promises made to new coaches etc..
I guess an A grade footballer once the season has started then gets judged harshly. Sometimes an A grade footballer doesn't fit the mould of the YV, grounds can be smaller, they might like getting on the end of the play rather than getting it themselves. It would be great to see a recruit play prior to signing them up but that aint going to happen.
Guys who come from EFL demand money, the belief is still ingrained that if you come from EFL, you are going to play good footy in the YV. It just isn't so. Mind you, some have been great and have lifted the standard!

Always great to hear your thoughts! Commonly known as a realist not only about his own club but YVMDFL clubs in general. Some very interesting points for some fellow forum readers to take a look over. But I would think how ever many years of service you and your brother have given Olinda I wouldn't have thought combined you would have ever taken as much money as some of these recruits are getting for 1 season! I totally agree with all your points on recruits but it needs to be kept in check a little what price they put on there heads.

Have heard that the mounters are well aware of the interest in one D.Cupido, has signed a contract,has taken a sign on fee, he will not be let go without some kind of serious remuneration!!!! I know these big country footy clubs have lots of doh, but the money that the committee at mt.evelyn seem to think they are going to get I can't see a deal being done!!! The coach has been in contact with him and still seems sure he will play at mt.ev? But I think your right roota, a lot to play out before the season proper begins!!!!!

Sounds like your a man in the know down at Mt Evelyn Beau! Which is quite surprising at the posts you put on here. They seem to be a little advanced for some of the slower learning people from that place. I'm glad I don't have to read any of the rubbish that has been posted by there members on here in the past! I'd say there'll be a lot of people interested in how Damian comes to a decision on where he might play. Amazing effort by him up north playing for Southern Districts. The quickest player to 100 goals in a season in comp which has had some great goal kickers in the past. Keep us updated on the Cupido gossip there Beau.

Powelltown are definitely throwing big bucks at players, latest one from Box Hill is signed on at $500 a game.
Have healesville recruited anyone at all? Seville will be my bet for the Div 2 flag.
Cant wait to see Gembrook choke for the 4th year in a row. And i think Warby might be better than a few of you think.
Emerald will be just fine thankyou very much and i think Belgrave will be quite good in the second half of the year once they figure out 1st divvy and how different it is to 2nd.

Wanderin?
clearances not in yet. who knows whos signed 4 sure but i reckon torp is right about bogun bombers and belgrave cos the usual power sides will slide. divy 1 standard will be off a bit
Belgrave are serious and will perform. big chance for finals
boguns were unlucky to miss out last year. big chance for finals.

Woori as usual.
Upwey as usual but got work to do.
Belgrave
Emerald
Brookers broken. could lose to many and finish five.
Wandin imported a small town the last few seasons. The well must be nearly dry. Iffy.
burras need to work to stay in touch. iffy
rovers, moanbulk, ofcofcofc ect will hold up the rest.
What makes you think the top sides will slide?
We seem to hear this every year and no-one really explains why.
The standard has been pretty good the last couple of years and getting better.
But, I must agree that Belgrave and Emerald will set quite a few sides back on their heels.

Powelltown are definitely throwing big bucks at players, latest one from Box Hill is signed on at $500 a game.
Have healesville recruited anyone at all? Seville will be my bet for the Div 2 flag.
Cant wait to see Gembrook choke for the 4th year in a row. And i think Warby might be better than a few of you think.
Emerald will be just fine thankyou very much and i think Belgrave will be quite good in the second half of the year once they figure out 1st divvy and how different it is to 2nd.

must be a reserves/borderline 1sts player as $500 wont get you much in the way of a regular senior player from Box Hill.

Seville in Div 2 will be the team with Okeefe signing but more importantly Vin Dunstans coaching that will put them ahead of the pack with YJ being the team putting the most presure on.

Apparently Marty Eckers rocked up to training out of the blue (pun intended) and is a chance to play at seville again with his mate that just signed from south croydon. Was easily seville's best player the year they lost to emerald. Would be another great pickup, just not sure the committee would have any kidneys left to sell after signing O'Keffe for a squillion dollars a game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Borderline 2's player, powelly don't recruit senior footballers :) Highly doubt the $500 a game as well, the club is not exactly flush with cash contrary to popular belief.

The club is quite well off.. Have seen their profit loss statement and their cash at hand. They also have big name businesses throwing cash at them under the table and one particular well off family that does the same. They pay a lot of their players off the book. Same as any other club.

The club is quite well off.. Have seen their profit loss statement and their cash at hand. They also have big name businesses throwing cash at them under the table and one particular well off family that does the same. They pay a lot of their players off the book. Same as any other club.

I'm sure all involved are glad that you've enlightened us all to their "cash" transactions, especially the taxman.

Waiting for the standard Monniehawk rant.

Who are these weak sides you speak of? Could easily see Emerald slip down the ladder if they dont recruit.
And monnieh.
atm havnt heard that ofcfcfcfc, moanbulk, wanderin, kookabrothers or even gemsook are doing enough to restock. only loosing players. emerald had a year to get used to divvy 1 and belgrave are busy again. we might see a few changes in the guard.

Olinda and Emerald sound like they will have almost identical lists to last year, no real movement either way. Fitness could be an issue with both clubs with injuries last year showing that their youngsters just don't have the engines to run out games down the stretch. Both hovering around finals first half of the season and both fell back to earth hard towards the end. Both lucky not to get relegated in my opinion.

Gembrook seems to be the club really struggling to hold on, 3 years of choking might have finally caught up with the players and the all look to be heading elsewhere.

If I had to guess, Woori, Wandin, Upwey, Monbulk and Belgrave will be the 5 playing finals this year. Fighting for relegation will be Emerald, Olinda and Warby.

Olinda and Emerald sound like they will have almost identical lists to last year, no real movement either way. Fitness could be an issue with both clubs with injuries last year showing that their youngsters just don't have the engines to run out games down the stretch. Both hovering around finals first half of the season and both fell back to earth hard towards the end. Both lucky not to get relegated in my opinion.

Gembrook seems to be the club really struggling to hold on, 3 years of choking might have finally caught up with the players and the all look to be heading elsewhere.

If I had to guess, Woori, Wandin, Upwey, Monbulk and Belgrave will be the 5 playing finals this year. Fighting for relegation will be Emerald, Olinda and Warby.

The only club you haven't mentioned is Mt. Evelyn. If Cupido plays they're in the first group, if he doesn't they're in the relegation zone. I can't recall 1 player ever having such a bearing on whether your team finishes in the penthouse or the shithouse (and what a fine line that is).

And I don't think Emerald, Olinda or Warby will be fighting for relegation, as fighting for something is something you actually want, but I get your drift.

The only club you haven't mentioned is Mt. Evelyn. If Cupido plays they're in the first group, if he doesn't they're in the relegation zone. I can't recall 1 player ever having such a bearing on whether your team finishes in the penthouse or the shithouse (and what a fine line that is).

And I don't think Emerald, Olinda or Warby will be fighting for relegation, as fighting for something is something you actually want, but I get your drift.
That's precisely why I chose not to list them, haha.

Would you prefer the term "fighting off relegation"? #splittinghairs

Wandin have made what will easily be the biggest signing this year. Jugga has been given a rocket and told to be a coach this year, not a mate, which IMO will see them lift the cup. Woori have a couple of big name exits, and also a couple of big name ins/returns, so they will fight it out with Wandin. I have heard that Monbulk have had minimal numbers on the track, as low as 12 on numerous occasions, can Monniehawk clear that up? (I understand a lot of garbage floats around this time of year!!). I can honestly see it being a season of 3 sections.
Wandin
Woori

Upwey
Belgrave
Emerald
Monbulk
Olinda
Gembrook

Mt Ev
Warby

[[/b]Wandin have made what will easily be the biggest signing this year. Jugga has been given a rocket and told to be a coach this year, not a mate, which IMO will see them lift the cup. Woori have a couple of big name exits, and also a couple of big name ins/returns, so they will fight it out with Wandin. I have heard that Monbulk have had minimal numbers on the track, as low as 12 on numerous occasions, can Monniehawk clear that up? (I understand a lot of garbage floats around this time of year!!). I can honestly see it being a season of 3 sections.

Who is there so called biggest signing???? Heard from taj mahal they were struggling to recruit???

[[/b]Wandin have made what will easily be the biggest signing this year. Jugga has been given a rocket and told to be a coach this year, not a mate, which IMO will see them lift the cup. Woori have a couple of big name exits, and also a couple of big name ins/returns, so they will fight it out with Wandin. I have heard that Monbulk have had minimal numbers on the track, as low as 12 on numerous occasions, can Monniehawk clear that up? (I understand a lot of garbage floats around this time of year!!). I can honestly see it being a season of 3 sections.

Who is there so called biggest signing???? Heard from taj mahal they were struggling to recruit???

Full forward from Torquay on a squillion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre-Season 12/13

Remove this Banner Ad

Back