Training Pre-Season 2023 (First game 18/3 v North)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you go to hire a high performance guru, but hire an actual guru instead.

Golly Nizzy, what a stitch-up!

[But srsly folx, the isometric leg stuff is pretty normal. Helped me big time after leg injuries. More active stabilisers, better balance, less compensation from the other leg]

End of article has Isiah Winder training with personal trainer that lot of Freo players use.

"Darcy and Jackson are part of a large Fremantle cohort that Majda trains, with delisted West Coast forward Isiah Winder, who is set to re-join the club as a rookie for 2023, jumping onboard this off-season as the only Eagle.

Looks like a standard Tuesday in Dark Sharks gym routine

Joe Biden Shock GIF by GIPHY News

Why say "This is functional single leg training to help gain the competitive edge in professional sport..."

When you can say "Become one with the ground and one with the animal..." ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the link to the interview with Nisbett. Go to about 7.40 on the full show link (the link to Nisbetts interview isn’t working)

It’s well worth a listen. Covers our S&C including a number of changes, criticism of players being unfit, steps being taken to address that, captaincy for 2023, the upcoming draft and the WAFL side

Admittedly, there’s some excuses trotted out, many are justified, but there’s also an acknowledgment that things could have been done better

Edit : The link to the Nisbett interview has been fixed so you can just click on that to hear the 20 minute interview
King Nisbett I in action - again.

What did I learn? Very little.

Dumb Sheed is considered a strong leader. WTF! Trev and I have very different views about leadership.
Shuey has so many credits in the bank from his Norm in 2018 that Trev pretty much said Boots will remain as captain as long as he wants it. When the senior players are not coming back in shape and can’t be trusted to do so without supervision, hard to then hold Shuey’s captaincy has being outstanding. Pretty disrespectful to say the players get to vote then next speak on behalf of them. Trev has blurred Shuey the player and Shuey the captain.

Nice to hear we have some improvement on our WAFL arrangements but sensing that the changes won’t be massively in our favour. No details and not a lot of optimism in his answers.

How can our S&C coach Warren be stated as having done an outstanding job? No mention of learning that Melbourne showed in 2021 how much below the benchmark we are! When 50% of the long term injuries are agreed as avoidable and our list is that long, surely we have a big problem.

Nothing of importance discussed about our aflw team. The season has just finished and yet nothing. They at least matched their male counterparts with 2 wins from less than half the games the men played. I sense Trev is not that committed to our AFLW team.

All is fine financially. Loads of money yet nothing shared about our strategy other than we hope to do better next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back