Training Pre Season '24

Remove this Banner Ad

No need to apologise, sorry if I came across blunt.

Lever is a much better comparison for Gibcus. In 2022, Gib was absolutely used as that #2 defender with Balta doing the grunt work at FB. A role I feel he did a pretty good job at despite some minor bumps across the season (expected for a rookie). This year I would expect similar with Balta being replaced with Young.

You are completely right that he is still skinny. But I reckon he’s already started making some great progress towards building up his strength and size. Ultimately he will always be a somewhat slender player but his speed and jumping ability will be his best weapon. If he can get to Lever’s level then we are set defensively for the next decade imo. Fingers crossed 🤞

I still think some are going too early on Gibcus in terms of pigeon holes. Let him develop, I think he will grow into something good or even great yet.

Gibcus and the club will figure it out and the best role for him will reveal itself

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cameras that weren’t bought at K-Mart would have been an obvious starting point.
had a couple of these gaffer taped to the goal posts

R.7fa4a61b06faaad7623c071d6c349caf

300m USB cord running between the seats up to the arc bunker.

From Caesar PRE….https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/2024-training-with-the-ooze-crew.58301/page-88

Dusty a week in rehab, but as per injury report just a turned ankle, (ran laps and straight lines for about 90 minutes.
Prestia now a week in rehab ran laps with Dusty for awhile except did a lot more.
Bauer enters his 3rd week of rehab.
Coulthard has been in rehab since the 18th Dec but has not appeared in the clubs injury report, doing plenty of running and looks close but I did see physios working on his calf for about 15 minutes but then in got up and ran plenty of laps
Cumberland enters his 2nd week in rehab, he says it is just a niggle?
Grimes sad to see him doing very little pre and post Christmas :rolleyes: bring on the new breed, Grimesy looks cooked.
Juddy & Young : Doing all but contact drills, still doing grappling sessions to test out and strengthen their respective shoulders.

Ross, Baker & Shorty back with main group

SHAI!! Finally back to making other players look stupid :)
Hopper Is having a good pre-season

I am not seeing a lot to get excited about the last couple of sessions, (3 hour session yesterday), hopefully that changes soon.

Won't see Wednesday's session but should get there for Friday's

From Caesar PRE….https://www.puntroadend.com/threads/2024-training-with-the-ooze-crew.58301/page-88

Dusty a week in rehab, but as per injury report just a turned ankle, (ran laps and straight lines for about 90 minutes.
Prestia now a week in rehab ran laps with Dusty for awhile except did a lot more.
Bauer enters his 3rd week of rehab.
Coulthard has been in rehab since the 18th Dec but has not appeared in the clubs injury report, doing plenty of running and looks close but I did see physios working on his calf for about 15 minutes but then in got up and ran plenty of laps
Cumberland enters his 2nd week in rehab, he says it is just a niggle?
Grimes sad to see him doing very little pre and post Christmas :rolleyes: bring on the new breed, Grimesy looks cooked.
Juddy & Young : Doing all but contact drills, still doing grappling sessions to test out and strengthen their respective shoulders.

Ross, Baker & Shorty back with main group

SHAI!! Finally back to making other players look stupid :)
Hopper Is having a good pre-season

I am not seeing a lot to get excited about the last couple of sessions, (3 hour session yesterday), hopefully that changes soon.

Won't see Wednesday's session but should get there for Friday's

I dont think Grimes is the only one cooked, sounds like the team is cooked. #veryconcerning

Remove this Banner Ad

Training Pre Season '24

Remove this Banner Ad

Back