Mega Thread Pre-season thread - Training Reports

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark Duffield just tweeted that Gumby was working with the Ruck group this morning. That's an interesting change? Can any training watchers confirm or deny?

He has been for a few weeks as has Tabs. I think they wan't him to take some of the ruck work inside 50.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-02-04/strong-side-to-face-freo

I'm very worried about these two scratch matches after reading this article.

We are no chance apparently because they are full strength and we are injury riddled.
They can beat us in the pre season. As long as we get minimal injuries and build match fitness into our best players we'll beat them when it actually counts for something.

Also let the West and the eagles themselves overrate West Coast. Was quite hilarious last year the way they went from lower half of the eight to unstoppable in the eyes of the media for god knows what reason. It was so satisfying taking the piss out of those West Coast fans that thought they had the premiership before the season had even started. I'd actually love to do it all again, hopefully this time with a freo premiership to add to their pain.

Salim, Sherrif, Gaskin, JMT, Coulda, E-Shed etc.......Anyone know what is happening with training this week?

It seems they didn't train yesterday but had a closed session (scratch match) today instead.

Does that mean we are back to Tuesdays and Thursdays like when the season proper starts, or are we training at Freo on Wednesday and Friday as per usual this week?

If anyone is going past the ground at the moment, can you ask Groundskeeper Willie for me?

I made the effort on Monday, only to squirted in the face by a rogue sprinkler.

I don't want the same thing happening tomorrow.

Gumby was on Tanner. Even though exciting times! Training report as per Freos website:

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-02-04/match-pratice-report-4-february-2014-

Match Practice report: 4 February
It didn’t take new recruit Scott Gumbleton long to impress in this morning’s match practice session at Fremantle Oval.

The tall forward kicked the first goal of the game after taking a mark in the forward 50.

Second year player Tanner Smith was opposed to Gumbleton for the majority of the simulated game, while Luke McPharlin and Matthew Pavlich had a fierce contest in the goal square.

Hayden Ballantyne was also prominent, Ryan Crowley went to him first then Lachie Neale matched up against him.

The players looked sharp, hitting targets throughout the session, but they were quick to make each other accountable.

Assistant coach Peter Sumich said the team that faces Collingwood at Etihad Stadium in round 1 would pick itself, based on pre-season performances.

He added that this pre-season was the most competitive he’d experienced since he and senior coach Ross Lyon joined Freo at the end of the 2011 season.

“Our first year was interesting, we only had eight or nine on the track pre-Christmas, and, afterwards, we had about 18 or 20,” Sumich said.

“This year we’ve had in the 30s for most of the pre-season, which is great.

“It means it’s going to be competitive for spots.”

There will be another intraclub game open to the public next Tuesday 11 February at Patersons Stadium. Family Fun activities will take place from 4pm with the match commencing at 5pm.

geez what a comprehensive report.

useless.

I think Selwood just said we might name our better players to help learn the new gameplan. Hardly blowing any trumpets - just read the quotes.

Not many West Coast fans think we'll be as good as you this year, none who have any footy knowledge anyway.

Best of luck in our two scratchies, hopefully we both get through without any injuries.:thumbsu:

They can beat us in the pre season. As long as we get minimal injuries and build match fitness into our best players we'll beat them when it actually counts for something.

Also let the West and the eagles themselves overrate West Coast. Was quite hilarious last year the way they went from lower half of the eight to unstoppable in the eyes of the media for god knows what reason. It was so satisfying taking the piss out of those West Coast fans that thought they had the premiership before the season had even started. I'd actually love to do it all again, hopefully this time with a freo premiership to add to their pain.

Ross Lyon rarely wins nab cup games. I enjoyed watching the game we played wc and we lost the nab game. The ball was in their forward half almost the entire time. Not many goals scored by them but Ross wanted their backs to kick the ball into their forward line to see how the Freo defense would hold up. The boys did a good job. It was obvious Ross wanted to see the team play under pressure. Good practice for the season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Selwood just said we might name our better players to help learn the new gameplan. Hardly blowing any trumpets - just read the quotes.

Not many West Coast fans think we'll be as good as you this year, none who have any footy knowledge anyway.

Best of luck in our two scratchies, hopefully we both get through without any injuries.:thumbsu:

Do you think McGovern will play?

Salim, Sherrif, Gaskin, JMT, Coulda, E-Shed etc.......Anyone know what is happening with training this week?

It seems they didn't train yesterday but had a closed session (scratch match) today instead.

Does that mean we are back to Tuesdays and Thursdays like when the season proper starts, or are we training at Freo on Wednesday and Friday as per usual this week?

If anyone is going past the ground at the moment, can you ask Groundskeeper Willie for me?

I made the effort on Monday, only to squirted in the face by a rogue sprinkler.

I don't want the same thing happening tomorrow.

Not sure Harry. I'm going to go tomorrow so hopefully they are training. If they had an intra club today they might be having a rest tomorrow.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2014-02-04/strong-side-to-face-freo

I'm very worried about these two scratch matches after reading this article.

We are no chance apparently because they are full strength and we are injury riddled.
The amount of points up for grabs = 0. The amount of care factor for Freo and Ross the boss = 0.
Pre season games are there so the structures can be implemented and watch the youngsters perform under pressure and see who is read and who is not. Simple. Love how the eagles just got to get a positive spin so early before the season...

The amount of points up for grabs = 0. The amount of care factor for Freo and Ross the boss = 0.
Pre season games are there so the structures can be implemented and watch the youngsters perform under pressure and see who is read and who is not. Simple. Love how the eagles just got to get a positive spin so early before the season...

actually thinking about it ... it is good that they have a full strength squad, it means our youngsters get to have a great workout

Yep. It tests the likes of Sheridan and Crozier against men instead of boys.

if we lose, eagle's premiership credentials will be inflated again because they have beaten last years grand finalist and the crash back to earth would be so satisfying.

if we win, well then it shows that the eagles are worst than st kilda

win-win

Anyone know if training is on today after the scratchy yesterday? Was thinking about heading down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exactly. I wasn't having a go at the Eagles, I was actually having a go at the journalist who turned Scott Selwood's innocuous comment of saying that the Eagles will be naming a near full strength side for the first pre-season match into, Selwood sends a warning to the Fremantle Dockers. "Be very scared as we are naming a near full strength side."

It's very poor form.

Anyone know if training is on today after the scratchy yesterday? Was thinking about heading down

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not sure. I was going to go but have decided not to risk it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back