Mega Thread Pre-Season Training - Reports, Photos & Videos

Remove this Banner Ad

Stylo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 17, 2011
AFL Club
Richmond
This is a thread where we can discuss who is 'burning up the track'; 'training down the house'; 'looking fitter than ever' etc. The usual pre-season gab

Going by the training vid from yesterday Elton is coming along nicely. Has put on some size and moves really well for a big guy. I expect he'll be Coburg's number 1 forward next year and should put a few senior games on the board.

Kamdyn looks quick and skillful (except the dropped mark). Skinnier than I thought he was though.

Arnot has shaped his body to look much more like a footballer than a body builder now. Endurance is the only thing that will stop him from playing some very good footy next year.

A Edwards also looking very fit. He's apparently a part of Dimma's best 22.

Vlas looks good on the video too. Good hands, neat skills. Can't wait to see him in Y&B.

He struggled pretty hard with it last year IIRC. I know he did well in the time trial but that's very different to match fitness.

Footballing ability is good from what I've seen. Good skills and not a bad footy brain. Athleticism could be better.

i can understand the need for a sharpshooter. how many times last year did we lose games because of simple shots at goal missed :mad: really grated me all year...

also id like to see a calculated employment of the knock on. the speed at which the game is played now is not about getting the ball in heavy traffic, its about putting the ball into space or advantage. after watching alot of the replays on fox footy its a common thing for defenders to sweat on a player til they take possesion then WHAMMO! caught with the ball... id like to see this skill refined during the offseason. i think it will become a big part of footy in years to come just like the handball has become a bigger part of footy than in years gone by.

Agree that Elton is looking pretty good. And I'm a fan of Aaron Edwards, hopefully he plays Round 1 (and doesn't get a club suspension). If he and Knights and Chaplin and Vlastuin all get a game, we'll confuse the hell out of Carlton, and get the jump on them. Must win this. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

eltons' our version of reid of sydney but taller. if he can start to clunk them we could have beauty. quayle did say if he could develop well and compete harder he could be the steal of the draft.

Elton's potential was quite clear, & well known. His inconsistancies were the problem, hence he fell down the pecking order. he played an 8 or 9 out of 10 game, which followed a 3 or 4? Yes spider bite , daily hospital visit (for drip) are also noted. He is a big boy with enorous upside, incredible below his knees however; We need to be paitent. I am hoping to see some signs 2013, with Eolton making a "precanace" in 2014...

Gee, Giddy looks a strong boy, especially holding his own in the contest with Arnot. Could be a very handy player for us.

This is a thread where we can discuss who is 'burning up the track'; 'training down the house'; 'looking fitter than ever' etc. The usual pre-season gab

Going by the training vid from yesterday Elton is coming along nicely. Has put on some size and moves really well for a big guy. I expect he'll be Coburg's number 1 forward next year and should put a few senior games on the board.

Kamdyn looks quick and skillful (except the dropped mark). Skinnier than I thought he was though.

Arnot has shaped his body to look much more like a footballer than a body builder now. Endurance is the only thing that will stop him from playing some very good footy next year.

Vlas looks good on the video too. Good hands, neat skills. Can't wait to see him in Y&B.

love your whole post but like yourself I'm REALLY looking forward to / hoping that Edward can be our surprise package up forward this year

Is that Giddy or Iddy?

This here is Iddy holding his own with Arnott (s).
biscuit1.jpg

n
Elton's potential was quite clear, & well known. His inconsistancies were the problem, hence he fell down the pecking order. he played an 8 or 9 out of 10 game, which followed a 3 or 4? Yes spider bite , daily hospital visit (for drip) are also noted. He is a big boy with enorous upside, incredible below his knees however; We need to be paitent. I am hoping to see some signs 2013, with Eolton making a "precanace" in 2014...
Elton moves like cotch but taller. He wasn't phased by afl the first time he was on in the pre season game. I have faith he will be in our best 22 from 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread Pre-Season Training - Reports, Photos & Videos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back