Predictions of fringe players making an impact in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

There are actually 2 types of fringe players the more I think about it:
1. The young up-and-comers who are pushing hard for regular AFL selection
2. The late 20s where they have either plateued in ability or leg speed declining

For the Crows, I think Gibson is a handy pickup from North Melbourne over the preseason. I really hope he can make an impact as a fringe player.

There are actually 2 types of fringe players the more I think about it:
1. The young up-and-comers who are pushing hard for regular AFL selection
2. The late 20s where they have either plateued in ability or leg speed declining

For the Crows, I think Gibson is a handy pickup from North Melbourne over the preseason. I really hope he can make an impact as a fringe player.

I would hope Curtley Hampton has some luck with injury too, smooth mover.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

For us - McKenna I think will start to attract a lot of attention. He solidified his spot last year but he's capable of having some big impact in games. Also having a partner in crime in Saad will make it a lot easier for him to get off the leash.

Not sure if he still counts but Hugh Greenwood for Adelaide is going to only get more attention. Had a superb rookie season. I don't think it matters that he's nearly 26 when you play the way he did.

Witherden is going to be super but I think most people already know that.

David Mirra - Hawthorn
Tom Stewart - Geelong
Adam Saad - Essendon
Alex Witherden - Brisbane
Will Brodie - Gold Coast
Tom Langdon - Collingwood
Caleb Marchbank/Charlie Curnow - Carlton
Sam Weideman - Melbourne

I think those 9 will take big steps and have a fairly large impact.
Half of those aren’t exactly fringe players...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They can return there though.

As can all players, from all teams. Winning a flag doesn't make them all indisputable superstars...It does mean they've 'made an impact' however.

Some will doubtless drop out of the 22, others will be promoted into it (and some of this latter group might even qualify for this thread).

No, just that they can't exactly 'come from nowhere'.

Come on man, let's get a grip here, there is plenty of players that can do it for Richmond!

Shai Bolton, Ivan Soldo, Corey Ellis and Oleg Markov are just a few!

Then Sam Lloyd, Jayden Short, Reece Conca and Anthony Miles could all qualify, as being in the Pre 2017 best 22 teams doesnt really prove much!!!

Come on man, let's get a grip here, there is plenty of players that can do it for Richmond!

Shai Bolton, Ivan Soldo, Corey Ellis and Oleg Markov are just a few!

Then Sam Lloyd, Jayden Short, Reece Conca and Anthony Miles could all qualify, as being in the Pre 2017 best 22 teams doesnt really prove much!!!

Sure they can, but it's a bit tough to predict guys who are out of the team not only making the team, but 'making an impact'. You're really just throwing names out there rather than making a considered opinion. If you want me to list the names of those outside the team, I'll direct you to the Richmond website I'm sure they have a roster list available.

Remove this Banner Ad

Predictions of fringe players making an impact in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Back