Moonos21

Debutant
Jul 30, 2007
Newport, VIC
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Golf
I just read somewhere that we will play our Prelim Final on the Friday night. Is this true? If so I have to take the day off work as I usually finish work at 9 (10 Aus time) on Fridays.

I don't know if its true but it would be good to get an 8-day break before the GF if we make it that far. But I have a feeling that both prelims are played on the Saturday.

I don't know if its true but it would be good to get an 8-day break before the GF if we make it that far. But I have a feeling that both prelims are played on the Saturday.

Yep generally both Prelims are on the Saturday as that way it gives both sides an even one week break between the Prelim and the GF.

nah prelims are always on Friday and Saturday night. would rather a saturday afternoon tho but the afl never do that anymore.

Yes Friday Night mate. :thumbsu:

Hopefully against WC so I feel safe getting the train.

I would drive but I cbf'ed dicking in the shitty MCG traffic.

Yep. Especially with our innevitable victory over Collingwood, travelling home on the Ringwood line amongst all the angry, drunken neanderthals is a journey for only the bravest.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They had a Friday night prelim last year and the year before and will again.

the reason we play is because A. it satisfys the TV networks and B. it still gives our opponent a 7 day break (WC/Coll).
no Saturday night finals because it gives winner less than a week before GF.
Saturday arvo to Port v Haw/Kang so Port's opponent can have 7 day break as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prelim Final

Remove this Banner Ad

Back