Prelim loss still hurts Danger

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm surprised by your position. By rights the cats should have been in a rebuild position by now but have continued great form since the mid naughties.

Sure Scott is a unique fella but the cats have continued their amazing run.
2 finals wins from 8 in the last 5 years might be considered an amazing run in Adelaide but for most genuine Cats fans it's considered a pretty putrid record and one I doubt many other clubs would accept with so little scrutiny of the coach like Geelong has.

What's respect got to do with it? We're talking about the pain of defeat? How does 2012 feel for you? Read what the post is about poo stain!
Respect the fact that we are poo and wee.
Not just poo as you suggested.

Now that's said - I'm not going to re read a tabloid fluff piece and yes 2012 is annoying but doesn't seem to grate quite like 2008 does to Cat supporters.

Please don't respond unless you have a sense of humour ok.
I'm taking the piss - and the poo of course!!

Yeah, we didn't win the premiership because Dangerfield wasn't pulling his weight.

I'd like to hear about how much the pathetic preliminary final display is hurting all these 'young guns' that have been playing senior football for 5,6,7 years and are still as maddeningly inconsistent as you'd expect a 19-year old draftee to be.

He believed the hype and thought that was their chance.

Now the teams gone backwards this off season

It was. The best season that I can ever remember for a team to pinch it, as the Dogs showed. In 2017, the league will be better (including the team that blew them off the park in the preliminary final and the other two preliminary final teams) and they could easily be worse. The improvement has to come from within, because we've had one pick earlier than #15 since we took Joel Selwood in 2006. And maybe it can, because it was practically a new team last year and they'll be much more used to playing with each other next year. But, considering we lost two 300 gamer, including a 2016 All Australian and came away with Zach Tuohy and Aaron Black, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Respect the fact that we are poo and wee.
Not just poo as you suggested.

Now that's said - I'm not going to re read a tabloid fluff piece and yes 2012 is annoying but doesn't seem to grate quite like 2008 does to Cat supporters.

Please don't respond unless you have a sense of humour ok.
I'm taking the piss - and the poo of course!!
I haven't met one Hawthorn supporter who has a sense of humour.

What about Isaacs? Sure youd join in the lols there

Wise guy eyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :p

I saw how hilarious it was. Smith is able to nail long bomb's from 50m. But miss an absolute gimmie of a goal at close range :p (almost as bad as Travis Cloke!).
That said at least it wasn't a grand final mistake!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That said at least it wasn't a grand final mistake!

Like Clint young inexplicably falling over in the defensive goalsquare?

I can't remember mooney's miss- was it as bad as luke bruest's to put Hawks five goals up in this year's semi?

Surfing Board.
thats-good.gif

Pain can drive him as much as it wants. We haven't got the tools in the box... It's that simple.

And until Scott is sacked it'll remain that way.
you guys need to rebuild and stop giving away the high draft picks.
I think once Adelaide matched Danger you should have walked away.
And a 1st for Henderson seems quite steep in the grand scheme of things.

Even the Tuohy deal seems like there is a misunderstanding that you guys probably bradbury'd 2nd this year.
The blues will improve and their second will be late. The Cats will have challengers and will need to find players to replace Caddy, Bartel and Enright and to improve to stave off teams coming at the top 8.

if you finish in the 9th-10th area, which is what I'm predicting, and Carlton finish around the same area, they will walk into another strong draft with pick 10-11, and you guys have Tuohy & possibly a late 20s pick

Other than Menegola, i dont see a bunch of kids coming through.

you guys need to rebuild and stop giving away the high draft picks.
I think once Adelaide matched Danger you should have walked away.
PD didn't go to Geelong under Free Agent rules, he was traded. There was no Free agency offer from Geelong - or a match from Adelaide.

And yeah in hindsight ... when the brownlow medalist asks to be traded just to your club so he can go home - you walk away. :rolleyes:

PD didn't go to Geelong under Free Agent rules, he was traded. There was no Free agency offer from Geelong - or a match from Adelaide.

And yeah in hindsight ... when the brownlow medalist asks to be traded just to your club so he can go home - you walk away. :rolleyes:
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-...ield-leuenberger-and-selwood-in-the-spotlight
Danger was a free agent. He was traded after Adelaide matched the offer.

And my point was, Geelong's list isn't in any shape to be giving away that many picks to secure a single player.
Esp when they had already traded their 2016 1st for Henderson.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-...ield-leuenberger-and-selwood-in-the-spotlight
Danger was a free agent. He was traded after Adelaide matched the offer.

And my point was, Geelong's list isn't in any shape to be giving away that many picks to secure a single player.
Esp when they had already traded their 2016 1st for Henderson.
Nope ... trust me, that's not how it went.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-12/young-cat-set-to-move-home-as-part-of-dangerfield-deal
"The Cats did not lodge an offer for Dangerfield but rather went straight to a trade and it was always expected they would secure a deal early in the trade period."​

Geelong gave away a Pick 9, Pick 28 and Dean Gore to get a midfielder they needed of the highest calibre. That is cheap in anyone's book. Then once they had started down the path, they had to over-pay for Henderson. At the time I thought they would get a small bounce, but they ended up making a prelim based almost entirely on their trade period. That is good work if you ask me.

Nope ... trust me, that's not how it went.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2015-10-12/young-cat-set-to-move-home-as-part-of-dangerfield-deal
"The Cats did not lodge an offer for Dangerfield but rather went straight to a trade and it was always expected they would secure a deal early in the trade period."​

Geelong gave away a Pick 9, Pick 28 and Dean Gore to get a midfielder they needed of the highest calibre. That is cheap in anyone's book. Then once they had started down the path, they had to over-pay for Henderson. At the time I thought they would get a small bounce, but they ended up making a prelim based almost entirely on their trade period. That is good work if you ask me.
Fair enough. i knew he was a free agent. I guess they just skipped the formalities of making an offer and adelaide matching.

I know it sounds stupid to turn down Dangerfield, even at the cheap price of 2x top 30 picks and a kid. And it wouldnt have been had they not pursued so many other costly targets.

They bradbury'd that PF and 2nd spot in the end.
And 2017 will see a harsh reality set in. They dont have depth. And 2 players arent going to carry them to success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prelim loss still hurts Danger

Remove this Banner Ad

Back