Prelim Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

I have block 110 Row JJ Seat 11 - anyone know how close to the fence? I know where the block is. And do I need a cushion for a bench seat?

Similar to me. Only I'm right up on the fence. Not top seats unfortunately for viewing - but when the actions down your end you're right there amongst it. You're a bit further back, not too bad but still what I'd consider 'ground level'.

And unless something's changed in recent years, yes they're benchies.

Similar to me. Only I'm right up on the fence. Not top seats unfortunately for viewing - but when the actions down your end you're right there amongst it. You're a bit further back, not too bad but still what I'd consider 'ground level'.

And unless something's changed in recent years, yes they're benchies.

Thanks PapaJ Didn't think it would be that great but at least I have a seat :) My usual seat is in block 130 row H and I find it a great position.

I always think the same from 101 :p

I'm with Esti, I used to sit in 126, and the play always went up and down the other wing! When I managed to switch to 102 for the Hawks final, and Morabito went on his storming run down the wing ... that confirmed it, whether that be by confirmation bias or not.

I like the 102 wing better. There seems to be more noise/atmosphere, probably because there are more people and the upper level/roof provides extra noise. There is more happening as well, with the benches and huddles and coaches and so forth. Also, I could be completely imagining things, but I reckon the 126-129 blocks slope more gently, so on the other side you end up with a bit more elevation for the same row.

I'm with Esti, I used to sit in 126, and the play always went up and down the other wing!

It's true, despite what the Northies try to say.

I've come up with a few theories:

- the interchange gates often provide an extra man on that wing
- the stands are bigger, providing better wind cover
- they want to impress the coach by showing their skills right in front of him

My boy Lachie is doing it all wrong when it comes to point 3 though. I swear every kick he's ever f**ked up (and I notice these things as his buddy) has been right in front of the coaches box.

My boy Lachie is doing it all wrong when it comes to point 3 though. I swear every kick he's ever f**ked up (and I notice these things as his buddy) has been right in front of the coaches box.

He's just nervous knowing that his other buddy is right there in front of him ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks PapaJ Didn't think it would be that great but at least I have a seat :) My usual seat is in block 130 row H and I find it a great position.

Same, I'm just glad to get along. One thing that bugs me is that I know for a fact that my seat is normally amongst the cheapies during the regular season, but for the final the AFL rort continues and they're suddenly considered 'middle tier' tickets. :rolleyes: Rip-off merchants.

If the AFL hasn't gouged you the scalpers will.I know you've been accused of being obsessive about this FreoGirl but I'm with you and believe the AFL is showing its true regard for "the supporters of our great game" by doing nothing at all to stop something so distasteful that's been going on for years.

If the AFL hasn't gouged you the scalpers will.I know you've been accused of being obsessive about this FreoGirl but I'm with you and believe the AFL is showing its true regard for "the supporters of our great game" by doing nothing at all to stop something so distasteful that's been going on for years.

What can they do?

It's true, despite what the Northies try to say.

I've come up with a few theories:

- the interchange gates often provide an extra man on that wing
- the stands are bigger, providing better wind cover
- they want to impress the coach by showing their skills right in front of him

The prevailing wind blows from the southwest thus the north side has more play. It's forecast to be NW winds Saturday so all the play will be on the south side.

Release 3000 tickets the day before the game and have it known as a fact that this will be protocol for all sold out matches. problem solved.

Really like your idea, but they're interested in getting as much $$$ as they can ahead of any ethical concerns for the 'punters'. They wouldn't want to risk having any unsold tickets by holding a few thousand to the last few hours.

Really like your idea, but they're interested in getting as much $$$ as they can ahead of any ethical concerns for the 'punters'. They wouldn't want to risk having any unsold tickets by holding a few thousand to the last few hours.
thats why twomorrow is an important day

I like the 102 wing better. There seems to be more noise/atmosphere, probably because there are more people and the upper level/roof provides extra noise. There is more happening as well, with the benches and huddles and coaches and so forth. Also, I could be completely imagining things, but I reckon the 126-129 blocks slope more gently, so on the other side you end up with a bit more elevation for the same row.

I should be right in 102 then :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Prelim Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back