Prelim Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep,sheltered though and deep in the pocket

Thought so, thanks. Good viewing from this block?

Looks like I have to invest in one of these bad boys:

Untitled-28.png

What makes it worse is those are Cat 2 tickets (at least according to the finals map on Ticketmaster), not platinum. False advertising.

I have mixed feelings about scalping. I find it morally reprehensible, but at the same time I have used it to get into the NBA Finals, NHL conference finals ... at or near face value. In the US it is much more prevalent, with the leagues having official reselling sites, plus there is StubHub. And your tickets (or money) are guaranteed. Often there will be 10% of tickets on reselling sites, and it is enough for market forces determine what is a "fair" price. Sit on StubHub and wait till as close as you can to game time, and you can get a good price as sellers try to offload tickets. There will still be insanely priced tickets, but you can find decent enough tickets as well. And you won't have people trying to hide where the tickets are.

Some of these eBay listings are pathetic, literally saying 2 tickets in the ground, with no indication of where they even are. Or people trying to claim pathetic reasons like "can't attend the game due to unforeseen circumstances". Yeah, good one, unlucky you bought those tickets 10 minutes before those unforeseen circumstances arose.

Australia is somewhere in no-man's land. A very small minority of tickets end up being scalped, with sellers attempting to set ludicrous prices. There isn't enough volume for the buyers to control the prices downwards. There is no controlled/safe place for the reselling market (i.e. StubHub). Authorities really don't give a shit about it. They could stop it completely if they really wanted to, but that would be too much effort.

Good question re: benches. What blocks are benches? I went to the rugby and it was the first time I've sent on the benches in 30 years. Now I know why some people complain about the stadium more than me.

From what I've seen, blocks with a double letter for the row (i.e. 312 AA), are benches, and those with a single letter (335 F) are seats. Im not sure though, if anyone has a double letter and a seat, let me know. But as far as I can recall, all double letter blocks I've sat in have had benches.

Row number doesn't have anything to do with the benches. Basically it's the part of the ground in and below the two-tier stand that have benches. Not sure how far east they extend, but the whole north-west section of the ground is benches (ie. either side of 311). I don't actually mind the benches. They can get a little squishy, but I much prefer that to the near-criminal amount of leg room they give you in the blue seats in the 3-tier stand.

Question: Would anyone be opposed to paying a retention fee (non refundable) to maintain access to your season seats during home finals?

Question: Would anyone be opposed to paying a retention fee (non refundable) to maintain access to your season seats during home finals?

then you would be favouring WA based members over members living in other states who will travel home for a final...

and whose bigfooty nicknames begin with "b"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our 'best available' - at 9.15 yesterday morning, netted us block 120 row G. I suspect we will need the ponchos.... Anyone know this area?
I normally sit block 135, so yes if wet, ponchos required. I thought i was running out of time as I timed out 3 times,:eek:, so the next batch i just went yes yes yes, and ended up in block 313 row HH. Seems pretty high up from what I can see. Will I get vertigo?

I'm happy to move around a bit and check out some different views.

My normal seats are pretty central (129) but they're at ground level so it gets a little tough to make out what's going on over the other side of the ground, especially with our congested gamestyle. It's nice to get a little elevation occasionally.

That and the fact I swear 90% of the play goes up and down the other wing every game.

That and the fact I swear 90% of the play goes up and down the other wing every game.

Haha. Yeah, I'm on the same side and I find the play is always on the interchange wing and a lot of action seems to occur in the pocket right in front of the second tiered stand. I have NFI what is happening and just go with the crowd reaction. I love walking by (slowly) along the interchange side wing. I swear they must be the best seats in the house. I'm looking to forward to this weekend being in block 106. I gather these are with the wooden benches?

I'm happy to move around a bit and check out some different views.

My normal seats are pretty central (129) but they're at ground level so it gets a little tough to make out what's going on over the other side of the ground, especially with our congested gamestyle. It's nice to get a little elevation occasionally.

Yeah i'm in this boat. I've got kick ass seats at Subi (block 303) and have a great view of the whole ground, but every now and then it's good to sit at ground level. View might not be as good, but the atmosphere is a lot better. I've got seats at ground level this weekend, and TBH i'd rather there than my usual seats for one game.

My member seats are up in the second level city end and I look forward to being able to sit in the outer in finals. I wouldn't pay to retain as the atmosphere is so much better at ground level.

Yeah i'm in this boat. I've got kick ass seats at Subi (block 303) and have a great view of the whole ground, but every now and then it's good to sit at ground level. View might not be as good, but the atmosphere is a lot better. I've got seats at ground level this weekend, and TBH i'd rather there than my usual seats for one game.
When Pav comes up and high fives you after a game, how much better can your view get?

The atmosphere at ground level is undoubtedly better. But come game day, if you give good effort you can make the atmosphere around you, a hell of a lot better, regardless of which block you are in. I have been placed in Block 312 (2nd Tier) and I will be doing everything I can to get those around me involved.

Remove this Banner Ad

Prelim Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Back