Game Day Preliminary Final, 2023 - Brisbane Lions vs. Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got a feeling this will unfold like the PA game. Enjoy the moment. I agree with those that say if we qualify the week will be enjoyable and if the filth can only muster 58 points we will be celebrating.

Anyway, let's deal with what's put in front of us this afternoon. Enjoy the day, wherever you watch the game. We're going down to Melbourne next week.

I'm calm re tonight. If we play near our ability we win this match.

The reason many great teams have struggled against lesser opponents in prelims is that they have nothing at all to lose and try any sort of unexpected tactic that sometimes comes off and they get a sniff. For us we aren't on any pedestal of greatness as yet and still have lots to prove. So I don't think there'll be any anger or jitters that some teams get when unfancied opponents really test them.

We just need to play our own game irrespective of what they throw at us . Limit skied balls and rushed entries , look for someone in a better position , close it down if they get a little run on. Sooner or later we'll get control.

That must be hard packing up your home , so many memories .
Wishing you all the best in your new abode .

Thanks:) It was a tough decision to make but once made I've thrown myself into it...I've bought a house in Ballarat to be nearer my family...we're a scattered lot so figured that was pretty much as central to them as I can get....and to get out of Melbourne.

..and I'll be able to go to our Lions games when they play there.

they’re very confident over on the Carlton board, and also are giving us no hope against the pies if we win, think that Carlton’s the only hope to stop them 🙄

Can’t wait for them to be eating those words later

Hoping for some advice from those who have been living here longer than I!

I'm attempting mission impossible tonight: I have tickets to both the Lions and the Broncos.

Apparently there will be buses going direct from the Gabba to Lang Park.

What is everyone's thoughts on the fastest mode of transport? My personal view is I'm still backing myself on foot... I've done the walk in 39 minutes before and reckon I could get there in 30 or so with a bit of running down the hills on the way etc.

I think scooters are out simply because of the foot traffic that will be around, and I still think the buses will be an absolute sh!tfight.

Any advice welcome!

Normal buses will be a nightmare, not sure the special ones will be much better. I think by foot is not a bad bet. Scooters wouldn't be bad if you get on to a bike lane.

I come respectfully in peace. I posted on your board after the narrow Melbourne loss (I hate the Dees) as my bro in law, sister and their two sons are all passionate Lions. They're coming over today to watch together so there will be a bit of banter but constrasting views. As proud as I am of where Carlton have ended up I think the Lions have too much class and your transition game and the speed you execute it will result in a comfortable win for your boys whilst bro in law is nervous of an upset.

All the best for today, obviously I hope for a Carlton win but no matter what happens we must unite as brothers for next week to defeat the ultimate evil that is the Collingwood football club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Listen fellas, I hate you and you hate me but I'm begging you to flog the absolute living sh1t out of these brown-bag, valiant driving flogs. Go well 🙏

We will agree to do so if danster168 agrees to cheer on Rayner tonight.

Hoping for some advice from those who have been living here longer than I!

I'm attempting mission impossible tonight: I have tickets to both the Lions and the Broncos.

Apparently there will be buses going direct from the Gabba to Lang Park.

What is everyone's thoughts on the fastest mode of transport? My personal view is I'm still backing myself on foot... I've done the walk in 39 minutes before and reckon I could get there in 30 or so with a bit of running down the hills on the way etc.

I think scooters are out simply because of the foot traffic that will be around, and I still think the buses will be an absolute sh!tfight.

Any advice welcome!

Could you walk out of the traffic area and then Uber to Suncorp?

A public service announcement:

This is a game of football, an important one, but still just a game of football. Life will go on afterwards. Life will temporarily be a lot brighter if we win, but either way we continue on.

The players will do their best even when they don’t get everything right. A mistake or fatigue or a skill error or a poor decision doesn’t mean they are weak or half-hearted or don’t care. They are human, in a high pressure situation in front of thousands of people and doing everything they can. Their opponents are doing the same.

Before you post some rant about a player, perhaps consider if that was your son, or your brother or your friend out there. How would you want people to talk about them? Be the best version of yourself the way you would want the players to be the best versions of themselves.

After the game, win or lose, we can be assured our players gave it everything they had. If we win, our good players aren’t superhuman, if we lose our good players are still the same good players they were last week. Be proud of them either way.

Life will go on.

A public service announcement:

This is a game of football, an important one, but still just a game of football. Life will go on afterwards. Life will temporarily be a lot brighter if we win, but either way we continue on.

The players will do their best even when they don’t get everything right. A mistake or fatigue or a skill error or a poor decision doesn’t mean they are weak or half-hearted or don’t care. They are human, in a high pressure situation in front of thousands of people and doing everything they can. Their opponents are doing the same.

Before you post some rant about a player, perhaps consider if that was your son, or your brother or your friend out there. How would you want people to talk about them? Be the best version of yourself the way you would want the players to be the best versions of themselves.

After the game, win or lose, we can be assured our players gave it everything they had. If we win, our good players aren’t superhuman, if we lose our good players are still the same good players they were last week. Be proud of them either way.

Life will go on.
Reads well but players and their families would be barking mad if they venture on to a forum like this after a loss in a prelim.

Reads well but players and their families would be barking mad if they venture on to a forum like this after a loss in a prelim.

Honestly - win or loss - no family or player should go on Big Footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back